Motherwell v Aberdeen 11/09/21

SteelmaninOZ

20 minutes ago, MelvinBragg said:

One word to sum that up? Fun. Seems a lot of personality in the team. Highlights include Watt rubbing Brown's head after being booked, Mugabi's mad last minute run and their left back looking terrified any time Woolery went anywhere near him...

Spot on. I was a bit surprised when Woolery went off today. He’s excellent in the air for a winger, and provides a good out ball option if we’re defending. The fact that he is so good in the air probably stops teams from pushing too far forward against us

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, ohwulliewullie said:

Spot on. I was a bit surprised when Woolery went off today. He’s excellent in the air for a winger, and provides a good out ball option if we’re defending. The fact that he is so good in the air probably stops teams from pushing too far forward against us

He still has a bit to go but that was by far his best game for us. 

Really enjoyed the game and the defence were rock solid, considering it was Solholm’s, first game for us it looked like he had been playing all of the season with this team and can only get better as we progress.

Hopefully good times ahead, the only down side for me there were supposed to be just over 4,100 Well supporters at the game and we have suppose to have sold over 5,200 season tickets?

24 minutes ago, middleeastdave said:

Really enjoyed the game and the defence were rock solid, considering it was Solholm’s, first game for us it looked like he had been playing all of the season with this team and can only get better as we progress.

Hopefully good times ahead, the only down side for me there were supposed to be just over 4,100 Well supporters at the game and we have suppose to have sold over 5,200 season tickets?

Clearly loads of people have paid a score to have an empty seat next to them. 

Always going to happen. 

Spirit and commitment of the team excellent. Van Veen is a beast but has some Dutch skill to go with his gallus swagger and his Andy Weir-style hanging cross was a beauty. The two new central defenders looked as if they had been playing together for ages.

Two great crosses today made all the difference. I was a bit worried when I saw how many plough-boys/honey monsters Aberdeen had on the park but we weren't remotely intimidated.

Would love to see this fearless approach at Mordor next Sunday.

Lots more positives than negatives again. Those handsome Scandinavians at the back are going to be a terrific combination, maybe as good as we’ve had for some time, Mugabi had another good game on the right and that’s as good as I’ve seen Woolery. Van Veen and Watt continue to look a quality combination. Workrate from everyone was too notch and we won’t  be getting bullied out of game too often although I can see the bookings and sending offs building up at an alarming rate. Slattery really is one nuisance of an individual. Still think there is work to be done in midfield, ( Sorry I don’t see Grimmy as a long term option, his attitude and work-rate are fantastic but he’s very limited technically.)  What really is starting to impress me though is the composure, everyone seems to know their job and for all the Aberdeen possession and Kelly saves I never really felt that worried, we really are starting to look like a well drilled team that’s not going to give away that many goals.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, steelboy said:

Kelly, Johansen, Ojala, Slattery, Van Veen seem like they can stand up to the Old Firm. 

Hopefully we have signed players who want to make an in the hardest games rather than get them out the way. 

Fair comment.