SteelmaninOZ

Hall of Fame returns

What about Paul kinnaird  or Andy roddie or further back you could have a guy called mark Leonard,  all three bloody awful. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, well_said said:

Big kirkie used to endure some amount of stick. 

I never understood that. Stevie was one of my favourite players from Day 1. He wasn't always brilliant, but he was usually entertaining.

Mair and Murray on the other hand...

2 hours ago, well_said said:

What about Paul kinnaird  or Andy roddie or further back you could have a guy called mark Leonard,  all three bloody awful. 

Mark Caughey and Davie Shanks.....ahhhhhhhh memories

13 hours ago, weeyin said:

I never understood that. Stevie was one of my favourite players from Day 1. He wasn't always brilliant, but he was usually entertaining.

Kirkie was my favourite player back in the day as well. Particularly against Hearts- he and Walter Kidd would really go at it.

That said he could be a bit lazy. Mclean knew when to drop him to get the best from him.  

30 minutes ago, wellsince75 said:

Kirkie was my favourite player back in the day as well. Particularly against Hearts- he and Walter Kidd would really go at it.

That said he could be a bit lazy. Mclean knew when to drop him to get the best from him.  

He was some goalkeeper as well! ;)

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, wellsince75 said:

There was also the famous altercation at Love St where he went at it with Billy Abercromby. He was sent off  after a scuffle with Abercromby in the box and Abercromby managed to pick up 3 red cards for the same incident (and a 12 match ban).

1 hour ago, weeyin said:

There was also the famous altercation at Love St where he went at it with Billy Abercromby. He was sent off  after a scuffle with Abercromby in the box and Abercromby managed to pick up 3 red cards for the same incident (and a 12 match ban).

That was a great game!

Abercrombie was incandescent with rage!

20 hours ago, weeyin said:

I've said this before but when I was a school kid Stevie used to go to the same chippie at lunch time and he always got a bag of fritters!

Must be some correlation between fritters and tap ins at the North Terrace end.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

I've said this before but when I was a school kid Stevie used to go to the same chippie at lunch time and he always got a bag of fritters!

Old school! Training in the morning, fritters for lunch then down the snooker club for a couple of beers and a smoke.

• Haha 2