• Mark O'Hara
    • Liam Grimshaw
    • Kaiyne Woolery
    • Kevin van Veen
    • Tony Watt
    • Ricky Lamie
    • Sean Goss
    • Barry Maguire

There are a good few candidates, as other sages have said above, but a goal and an assist are facts that winna ding, so it's KVV for me.

Our two central defenders looked composed and effective, Slattery battled in midfield and Kelly beat out the shots when he had to.  Tony Watt was perpetual motion and clearly loves playing his football at FP. I just wish he would stop the dying swan act at times: we're not The Ugly Sisters or The Mutton Molesters and it may make it easy for refs like Willie Gollum (my precioussssssssssss)  to ignore his appeals when they are quite justified.

1 hour ago, grizzlyg said:

Fact that from starting xi so far only mcginley and woolery haven't got a vote tells you how good a team performance it was

I went for McGinley

when I heard he was playing left back it gave me genuine fear of a drubbing after seeing him pre season and first couple of games

tbf he never put a foot wrong and I ate my words happily 

• Like 2

Happy Birthday Yabba!

Really difficult to choose this week.

The entire back 4 and Kelly were superb. Our 2 vikings look absolutely rock solid. Loving the shield wall chat, thats surely got to stick!

Special mention for the much derided McGinley who had a great game despite clearly being singled out by Aberdeen as the weak link and being doubled up upon in the first half. He may not offer as much going forward as Carroll, but defensively he is far more solid.

Slattery had another very good game and is carrying the midfield right now. Hopefully we can get Goss match fit soon and help him out in there.

Up front it was between Van Veen and Watt. KVV had a very good game and hard to argue with his goal and assist, however, I went for Watt. His alround performance was virtually flawless. He looks back to last seasons fitness levels now after a sluggish start to the season and just gives everything for the team. His first touch, guile and game management are first class. Im embarrassed I questioned his attitude as a professional when he arrived. Bravo sir!