Rangers v Motherwell 19/9/21

Spiderpig

I have only been there once in about twenty years, and even that once was because they are a new club, and I wanted to keep up my record of having been to a game at every senior Scottish league club’s ground. Similar for the other mob…. I’ve only been there once in the same period… for the Scotland v Ireland qualifier a few years back. Fuck ‘em

53 minutes ago, texanwellfan said:

Not sure who or why is making that call on the away fans but I’m sure it won’t bother too many Motherwell fans.  However, the question that pops into my mind is will they allow Rangers supporters from Motherwell into the game ? 

Yes.

Get the best of both worlds by not contributing a penny to support their monthly losses and then take money off them at Fir Park.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

Presumably, they intend to keep the "away" section empty in the interests of health? If not, why not? Am I being naive here? 

Their story is that some home fans need to be displaced due to Covid Red Zones in the ground, and that means they need to use the away section to house them.

13 minutes ago, weeyin said:

Their story is that some home fans need to be displaced due to Covid Red Zones in the ground, and that means they need to use the away section to house them.

I'm totally shocked.......surely not. Would I be unfairly cynical to think that they would normally expect say 500 of our fans at this fixture but will now allow say 1,000 extra home fans? They're at it and everyone knows it.

• Like 1

They have obviously seen Celtic getting away with no away fans and decided to take the same advantage for themselves. 

Considering Rangers said they would give Celtic 800 tickets if they are guaranteed the same at New Year then they can fit in all their season ticket holders and an away support. 

We need the money to pay for giant Nordic defenders so they'll be in Fir Park but hopefully Hearts and Hibs take a stand and refuse entry to the pair of them. 

19 minutes ago, steelboy said:

They have obviously seen Celtic getting away with no away fans and decided to take the same advantage for themselves. 

Considering Rangers said they would give Celtic 800 tickets if they are guaranteed the same at New Year then they can obviously fit in all their season ticket holders and an away support. 

We need the money to pay for giant Nordic defenders so they'll be in Fir Park but hopefully Hearts and Hibs take a stand and refuse entry to the pair of them. 

It's not just an Old Firm thing. In fact others set the example before them. Also using the Red Zone requirement as a reason.

Hearts v Celtic and St Johnstone v Motherwell, for starters.  For the advantage it feels it gives them at the time. Hearts and the Old Firm I get. They can fill their entire ground with their own fans so don't lose out financially. But Saint Johnstone?

Could Rangers have come up with a different solution? Of course they could. But they don't have to. No point in getting upset about it.

36 minutes ago, GazzyB said:

A lot of people saying they wouldn't go anyway and that's fair doos, but there's still a good few hundred who would want to go and watch the game being shafted out of that opportunity. It's fucking nonsense from Rangers.

Absolutely. You surely cannot deny a fan the opportunity to watch their team away from home.

Maybe the authorities will step in and sort it all out :lol:

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, dennyc said:

It's not just an Old Firm thing. In fact others set the example before them. Also using the Red Zone requirement as a reason.

Hearts v Celtic and St Johnstone v Motherwell, for starters.  For the advantage it feels it gives them at the time. Hearts and the Old Firm I get. They can fill their entire ground with their own fans so don't lose out financially. But Saint Johnstone?

Could Rangers have come up with a different solution? Of course they could. But they don't have to. No point in getting upset about it.

We were still in the levels then.

Ibrox was only half capacity the day of Hearts Vs Celtic. It's a different set of rules now.