Rangers v Motherwell 19/9/21

Spiderpig

Ibrox, one of those rare buildings in Scotland where you wipe your feet as you leave. 

I know we seldom get a result in Govan, but the last three occasions they have made a big occasion out of a fixture against us we won once and drew twice (Monday, 9 in a row party, 3-3 2011 flag day and 2012 last fixture of the old club at Ibrox), so I'm hoping for the same this Sunday. 

2 hours ago, steelboy said:

We were still in the levels then.

Ibrox was only half capacity the day of Hearts Vs Celtic. It's a different set of rules now. 

And St Johnstone? Was that not after we were allowed in at Airdrie in the Cup.. And after they had fans at County for a League match?

My point is that it is not just an Old Firm thing. Other Clubs use the system to their advantage no matter what level we are in. It was evident even during the League Cup. Under the rules Clubs can pick and choose. Many do.

16 hours ago, Kmcalpin said:

I'm totally shocked.......surely not. Would I be unfairly cynical to think that they would normally expect say 500 of our fans at this fixture but will now allow say 1,000 extra home fans? They're at it and everyone knows it.

Spot on Dave, it's all about money especially a club like them hoverring just above bankruptcy no away  fans means more of their own to rip off, they are a disgrace of a club and as you say at it big time.

2 hours ago, dennyc said:

And St Johnstone? Was that not after we were allowed in at Airdrie in the Cup.. And after they had fans at County for a League match?

My point is that it is not just an Old Firm thing. Other Clubs use the system to their advantage no matter what level we are in. It was evident even during the League Cup. Under the rules Clubs can pick and choose. Many do.

Perth council hadn't given St Johnstone permission for away fans yet. If you remember the following week we only got the go ahead for 1000 fans at Dundee on the Tuesday or Wednesday before the game. No there are no restrictions other than the red zone because the Scottish Government thinks footballers spread Covid more than anyone else in the country. 

The proof they are at it is they were willing to give Celtic 800 tickets and would still have been able to accommodate all their season ticket holders. 

1 hour ago, steelboy said:

Perth council hadn't given St Johnstone permission for away fans yet. If you remember the following week we only got the go ahead for 1000 fans at Dundee on the Tuesday or Wednesday before the game. No there are no restrictions other than the red zone because the Scottish Government thinks footballers spread Covid more than anyone else in the country. 

The proof they are at it is they were willing to give Celtic 800 tickets and would still have been able to accommodate all their season ticket holders. 

If St Johnstone had wanted away fans to attend our game  they could have simply approached the Local Authority. They would not have been refused. Nobody else was at that stage. Might even be the same Local Authority Dundee had to approach for our visit. Saints chose to keep us out.

Ross County were not refused the week before our Saints game. Same as us with Hibs visit.....again the week before. So precedents established.    And how about  Airdrie as an even earlier example. It was up to individual Clubs to apply. Some did. Some did not. Some did not want to.

Hearts could easily have requested that a limited number of  Celtic fans be allowed in for their opening League game, but chose not to. Hearts I  understand as they could fill all the available seats with their own fans. So no financial loss. Selfish but understandable. I would love it if we could limit visiting fans because we needed the seats. Sadly not likely to ever be the case. Other Clubs did allow visiting fans that weekend so the CoVid Level was not a factor.

No matter how you want to paint it, Rangers and Celtic are not the only Clubs who were/are at it. And if I can watch the game this weekend without donating a penny to Rangers, all the sweeter.

Until the Authorities mandate that a  set % be set aside for visiting fans nothing will change. Especially as that change would require the OF to sign up to it. Not sure Hearts, Hibs or Aberdeen would either.

Dundee and Perth are different councils. The various shades of Tories in Perth probably didn't want us bringing Covid from the global hotspot of Lanarkshire. 

The clubs who are at it are ones who aren't giving away allocations despite being back to full capacity other than red zones. Right now that is Rangers, Celtic and Aberdeen. 

4 hours ago, steelboy said:

Yep, something not adding up. Crowd vs Celtic was 49400 and they've got 45000 season tickets so that still leaves 4400 seats to fill. It looks like taking advantage of the situation to look after their own. Only thing that's making me think there must be more to it is our statement accepting the "detailed" explanation. I'd love to know what it is. 

The detailed explanation was something to do with how setting up the red zone meant there was a displacement of their own fans into areas where our away support would be.

How realistic that is, of course, is open to question - but it's difficult to argue against.

A pie and a pint in the Cooper sounds much more civilised.

1 hour ago, weeyin said:

The detailed explanation was something to do with how setting up the red zone meant there was a displacement of their own fans into areas where our away support would be.

How realistic that is, of course, is open to question - but it's difficult to argue against.

A pie and a pint in the Cooper sounds much more civilised.

Aye of course, I'm just wondering whats changed since they were able to offer Celtic 700 tickets a few weeks ago. 

20 minutes ago, CoF said:

Aye of course, I'm just wondering whats changed since they were able to offer Celtic 700 tickets a few weeks ago. 

I suppose it's possible they'd have made different arrangements for the Celtic fans, but much more likely they would be losing money letting in 'Well fans so came with a plausible excuse.

This will be a good test of our recent ‘solidity’.

I’m confident that we won’t roll over to them as we would have done this time last year and I think if we score first then we would significantly improve our chances of getting something from this one.

Optimistically 1-1

Realistically 2-1 to them.

I also read the £6.75 million share offer that closed on July 16th this year was never recorded at Companies House, which most likely means the required £6.75 million was not raised.

So sounds like another season of scrapping for pennies wherever they can get them.

I'm happy to hear GA just talk about playing well and offering an attacking option rather than all the "we need to play our best and hope they have an off-day" patter we've suffered with prior managers.

Still don't think we'll win, but I do expect a solid performance.

1 hour ago, CoF said:

Just so we're clear, covid restrictions at ibrox allow for:

700 Celtic fans, on the condition it's reciprocated,

a few hundred Lyon fans + 500 odd empty away seats,

Zero Motherwell fans. 

Honestly, how are they getting away with this shite?

How long you been following Scottish football for ?     You should know the answer to that off by heart by now.