Rangers v Motherwell 19/9/21

Spiderpig

2 minutes ago, GrahamH said:

Pleased with a point but totally scunnered  at the refereeing. Offside goal, penalty denied and 6 minutes of injury time. Absolutely blatant cheating that I hope doesn’t get overlooked due to us getting something out of the game.

Don't forget he was dying to give a corner for the shot that hit Morelos on the arse!

7 minutes ago, mfc said:

Great result with some impressive performances,that was mcginley's best game for us by a mile,now that he's added a bit of aggression to his game he looks a much better player.woolery was also excellent who should take a lot of confidence from that.

McGinley just needs to learn to use his right foot now and again 

3 minutes ago, Lobey_Dosser said:

Didn’t see or hear any coverage but that’s a great result Motherwell. I love what Alexander is doing. 

Aye we look like a well coached team which hasn't happened often. The defence has been constantly changing because of injury and suspension but every single player has been solid which is a big credit to Alexander and Lucketti. Our fitness was superb today as well and I think we are pacing ourselves over the 90 very deliberately. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, steelboy said:

Aye we look like a well coached team which hasn't happened often. The defence has been constantly changing because of injury and suspension but every single player has been solid which is a big credit to Alexander and Lucketti. Our fitness was superb today as well and I think we are pacing ourselves over the 90 very deliberately. 

Yes we are 

15 minutes ago, GrahamH said:

Pleased with a point but totally scunnered  at the refereeing. Offside goal, penalty denied and 6 minutes of injury time. Absolutely blatant cheating that I hope doesn’t get overlooked due to us getting something out of the game.

Totally .

offside is easy decision as well as foul on watt was blatant penalty. I'd love alexander to call it out. 

6 minutes ago, smiddy said:

TW is the worst offender for it     ffs he must have been the best man fall champion of airdrie / coatbridge 

That’s my one complaint about him. He needs to cut that out and he might get some of the real fouls against him given. KVV also needs to stop it or at least have TW give home some acting lessons. 

Always nice to take something when we visit either Govan or Parkhead as games generally follow the same script when we go there. I was saying earlier in the thread that every time Rangers have played us during some sort of celebration we tend to get something from the game, always nice to spoil the party especially with their counterparts also slipping up today. Delighted for Woolery for getting his first goal for the club, 4 games undefeated now, loving that we are harder to beat. Disappointed with the offside goal and penalty decision, taking those bad ref mistakes off the table its hard enough to get a result. 

6 minutes ago, Kat said:

Always nice to take something when we visit either Govan or Parkhead as games generally follow the same script when we go there. I was saying earlier in the thread that every time Rangers have played us during some sort of celebration we tend to get something from the game, always nice to spoil the party especially with their counterparts also slipping up today. Delighted for Woolery for getting his first goal for the club, 4 games undefeated now, loving that we are harder to beat. Disappointed with the offside goal and penalty decision, taking those bad ref mistakes off the table its hard enough to get a result. 

Scored on his debut?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Lobey_Dosser said:

Didn’t see or hear any coverage but that’s a great result Motherwell. I love what Alexander is doing. 

I avoided the game today so can’t comment other than to say well done. I must say, coming  from the performances at Queens Park and Airdrie only a few weeks ago, I didn’t see this level of progress happening at all, never mind as quickly as it apparently has done. Thanks a lot to the manager and the squad of players. 

27 minutes ago, wellsince75 said:

Id have never played a 4-3-3

id have never played Woolery

Shows how little I know. :)

Well done team, cracking result 

Woolery has started slow but a goal and an assist the last two games is hopefully a sign of things to come. 

He also causes a problem for defences as he has pace to get in behind but also a huge leap so he can beat the centre half in the air so teams don't like pushing their left back up when he's on the park. 

15 minutes ago, ropy said:

Scored on his debut?

Yeah sorry you're right. My mind set was on his efforts he missed versus Livi and Hibs, was just delighted to see him got on the goal trail, and his peach of a cross last week its nice to see him make a bit of an impact now.