Rangers v Motherwell 19/9/21

Spiderpig

4 minutes ago, texanwellfan said:

Ojala settled in very well now too after a few games. I hope he is fit for next week. 

I really like the look of ojala so far,he's no nonsense,reads the game really well and he's comfortable with the ball at his feet.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, texanwellfan said:

Not much between all the teams this year and seem to be troubling the old firm a bit in this first round of fixtures. I’m sure their depth of squad will see them pull away over the long haul but one can only hope not. Would be nice to see someone else win the league 

not in your future lifetime texan        the arse cheecks will spend there way clear in jan     but we can only live in hope 

A very good performance and result. We stood up to Rangers and stuck to our gameplan. An all round team performance but for me, Ojala, Slattery and Woolery stood out. If anything, we defended a bit narrowly at times but we got off with that and Woolery took his chance very well. He's starting to fins his feet and come onto a game. 

Referee was poor and I thought Rangers' goal was offside. Watt was also unlucky not to win a penalty but you don't get these decisions at Ibrox.  Thought Van Veen didn't receive the benefit of the doubt at his yellow card. He may have slipped and certainly did not claim - certainly not beyond reasonable doubt; but he's a marked man already.  Very rare to see 6 minutes + added on. Yes there was one goal, 6 subs and some injuries / time wasting but 6 minutes +? I can think of numerous other games in which stoppages were worse but nothing like 6 minutes added on  - also very unusual to add on additional time to the additional time. 

We can take heart from this performance and hopefully continue to improve as the new players settle in and get to know each other. Hopefully Ojala, Solholm and Goss are ok.  The team is becoming hard to beat, organised and clinical up front. 

10 minutes ago, GazzyB said:

Hearts should have won it years ago, only for their crazy Lithuanian owner to fuck them.

I don't care who it is, I would absolutely love to see anyone else win the league.

The seasons when Dundee Utd and Aberdeen were winning the league were certainly a nice change. And you could get behind them when they were playing in Europe without feeling dirty.

If hibs are challenging in January the arse cheeks will unsettle Boyle and Porteous, and the papers will do their best to help them.

If we're up there I'm sure we will see the same about VV, Kelly, etc.

Neither OF team looks anything special, and each of the bottom 10 has it in them to get results against them.