Rangers v Motherwell 19/9/21

Spiderpig

30 minutes ago, texanwellfan said:

Doesn’t seem like I can listen to it. What was he saying? 

Best thing to do with these morons is ignore them at every occasion, SSB on radio Clyde is a ugly sisters love in, every week its end to end blue and green fuckwits on talking shite.

Any team playing either of them will get no praise or recognition anytime they get a result, it all Rangers or Celtic were poor, other team wasted time, we should have won etc etc.

I stopped listening to it years ago as all they do is pander to the morons, in the same way the west of Scotland media does.

2 hours ago, Spiderpig said:

Best thing to do with these morons is ignore them at every occasion, SSB on radio Clyde is a ugly sisters love in, every week its end to end blue and green fuckwits on talking shite.

Any team playing either of them will get no praise or recognition anytime they get a result, it all Rangers or Celtic were poor, other team wasted time, we should have won etc etc.

I stopped listening to it years ago as all they do is pander to the morons, in the same way the west of Scotland media does.

Pretty much the same on BBC Allan. After the Louis Moult debacle I swore I'd never listen to Sportsound again but relented. After the Aberdeen game I was brassed off with their coverage of the Celtic Director of Football / Chief Executive borefest. I can happily live without ever listening to it again.  

9 hours ago, Spiderpig said:

To be fair Gordon Duncan does his best to give smaller clubs credit and Gordon Dalziel was praising us yesterday. 

It's a commercial station  in an area where more than 90% of fans support two teams so obviously they are going to be the focus. Clyde do it to pay the bills the BBC just focus on Celtic because they are ignorant arseholes. 

SSB after a bad result for either of the pair of them is beautiful. They had Celtic fans greeting on air last season!

2 hours ago, steelboy said:

To be fair Gordon Duncan does his best to give smaller clubs credit and Gordon Dalziel was praising us yesterday. 

It's a commercial station  in an area where more than 90% of fans support two teams so obviously they are going to be the focus. Clyde do it to pay the bills the BBC just focus on Celtic because they are ignorant arseholes. 

SSB after a bad result for either of the pair of them is beautiful. They had Celtic fans greeting on air last season!

I’m sure Gordon Duncan is a Motherwell fan.

And I always enjoy listening to Hugh Keevins, especially after Celtic get beat. He tells it as he sees it and a lot of their fans can’t handle it and phone in raging. :lol:

10 hours ago, Kmcalpin said:

After the Aberdeen game I was brassed off with their coverage of the Celtic Director of Football / Chief Executive borefest. I can happily live without ever listening to it again.  

Absolutely. I can generally tolerate sportsound, it's sometimes an okay listen but 30 minutes of post match taken up with that shite was a farce. 

And I always enjoy listening to Hugh Keevins, especially after Celtic get beat. He tells it as he sees it and a lot of their fans can’t handle it and phone in raging.
Yeah, he is, as is Gordon Dalziel apparently.
I listen to SSB most days and I'd say that Gordan Duncan is the best anchor I've heard on it.
Maybe its because he's genuinely detached and doesn't care for the OF tit for tat, but he's certainly strong enough on it to keep his frame and not pander. He's very good at stepping back, presenting objective fact and leaving people to tie themselves in knots.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Sportsound is a disgrace for a national broadcaster. It’s basically an Aberdeen fanzine that makes no attempt to hide it. What other country has a national sports radio programme where the presenter openly refers to a particular side as “we” and along with Willie Miller would happily spend the entire show discussing them?

That along with their sycophantic arselicking of Celtic from Liam McLeod in particular (it almost seems like it chokes him that he can’t refer to them as “The Champions” anymore) and that pompous wank Michael Stewart on basically any subject means it’s a show to avoid for me.

13 minutes ago, Richie said:

I listen to SSB most days and I'd say that Gordan Duncan is the best anchor I've heard on it.
Maybe its because he's genuinely detached and doesn't care for the OF tit for tat, but he's certainly strong enough on it to keep his frame and not pander. He's very good at stepping back, presenting objective fact and leaving people to tie themselves in knots.

Yes he’s very balanced and reasoned which makes a nice change from the likes of Derek Johnstone, Gerry McCulloch and Peter (Maguire) Martin in the past who never hid the allegiances to either side of the Old Firm.

I’m not convinced about Dalziel mind you, I always got the impression that his being ‘a Motherwell fan’ was a bit of a parody on that show. He seems a decent enough guy but a bit of a dafty to be honest.

1 hour ago, MJC_mkII said:

And I always enjoy listening to Hugh Keevins, especially after Celtic get beat. He tells it as he sees it and a lot of their fans can’t handle it and phone in raging. :lol:

Keevins is the pantomime villain and he loves it.  Top class wind up for either side when they have a bad result. He's on twitter now and its always a good read. A few weeks ago just before SSB was due to start he tweeted something along the lines of join me on Clyde 1 in 5 minutes at the forum for enlightenment..... top bantz

Think the best one in recent years was the day Rogers jumped ship to Leicester and Shug wasn't scheduled to be on that night but they ferryied him in and he opened with, I was made for nights like these....

1 hour ago, Richie said:

gordon dalziel is never a well fan     heez only a well fan for the radio    anybody on here that knows him will know heez a rangurs man   

Well just seen the highlights. Their goal was offside but I would not have been hugely surprised if they had been given a penalty for handball towards the end. Not saying it would have been correct but “ Rangers at Ibrox”, it’s happened before so I give the ref credit for that.

21 minutes ago, Yorkyred said:

Well just seen the highlights. Their goal was offside but I would not have been hugely surprised if they had been given a penalty for handball towards the end. Not saying it would have been correct but “ Rangers at Ibrox”, it’s happened before so I give the ref credit for that.

If the SPFL had VAR the Mugabi handball would have been a penalty,  and their goal would have been  disallowed for offside. However the Tony Watt incident was also a pen, Roofe kicked him on the thigh going for the ball so I suspect VAR might have awarded that one as well .

But as we don't have the technology back up and both decisions were against Rangers at Ibrox there was no chance of either one going our way, and as you say I was also surprised at them not getting the Mugabi handball,  given the circumstances of them needing a goal etc.

A very good point at a traditionally difficult venue for us.

I thought we started fairly well and it was good to see us trying to play on the front foot at Ibrox for a change.

However, goals change games and theirs was clearly offside and very hard to take given the start we had made.

After that their crowd got behind them and you could see them visibly take confidence from it. We held our discipline and defended well for the most part, although we rode our luck once or twice.

Second half I thought it took us 10 minutes or so to get back into the game, but you could see us slowly gaining in confidence and when we scored I certainly felt we could get a second, but we were wasteful with the ball at crucial stages and let them off the hook a bit.

No idea where the 6 minutes injury time came from but delighted we were able to defend so resolutely for a well earned draw.

This team is starting to demonstrate a mental toughness we havent had for sometime. Previous Motherwell teams would have crumbled and lost that game. We are far from the finished article and still need to get the midfield sorted,  but if we can keep our best players fit and on the pitch, we might just do something this season.

• Like 1

You can debate the transfer policy, the technical quality of the players at the club and whole bunch of other stuff but I don't think you can argue that Alexander isn't a big step up as a coach from the previous set up.

Latterly you got the impression Robinson would take 0 points before a game at Ibrox just to avoid playing it.

2 hours ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

You can debate the transfer policy, the technical quality of the players at the club and whole bunch of other stuff but I don't think you can argue that Alexander isn't a big step up as a coach from the previous set up.

Latterly you got the impression Robinson would take 0 points before a game at Ibrox just to avoid playing it.

In fairness Robinson wasn’t like that at the beginning of his reign. He was actually very upbeat and positive before games against either of the OF and our performances and occasionally our results were much better than they were toward the end of his tenure. Sadly I think a bit of the “oor great wee club” rubbed off on him as time went one.

You would hope that Alexander has a stronger personality than that and won’t be as easily swayed. He certainly gives the impression that he does so hopefully he keeps us on the right track, on and off the park.

2 hours ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

I know you love a good stat so what is our record under Alexander so far, and our winrate, and what was our total winrate under Robinson?

I was a big fan of Robinson, I even look out for Morecambe results now, but he left at the right time and Alexander has been superb so far.

STV News tonight "Rangers scored, with Motherwell manager Graham Alexander claiming it was offside...." rather than "Rangers clearly offside goal was allowed to stand by the officials".

28 minutes ago, AllyMax said:

STV News tonight "Rangers scored, with Motherwell manager Graham Alexander claiming it was offside...." rather than "Rangers clearly offside goal was allowed to stand by the officials".

Always been  like that with the media, and won't change anytime soon. The ugly sisters get such an easy ride with the west of Scotland media, especially the blue one, and when you add in the shitebags at the SPFL / SFA  not willing to stand up to either of them you get where we are today.