Rangers v Motherwell 19/9/21

Spiderpig

Just a bit of information, couple of golf mates are Hearts supporters and they have received an email saying that the game against us on October 2nd October that Hearts will not be selling any tickets (to Hearts supporters) until they get clarification from the Scottish Government about the guidelines for Covid passports, so based on that it might be another away game where we will end up with no tickets?

59 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

Aye they stated this the other day. 

I doubt there will be no away fans, they just want clarification on what the score is. We'll get tickets. £30 a heed probably from the cunts

Well we all know what to do with fanny teams like Rangers, Celtic, Hearts n whoever else either doesn’t give us an allocation of tickets for our supporters who want to go to away games..as I said before,  up the prices in the south stand to as much as they fannies charge us...simples

Too often Motherwell are seen as the decent club only for our supporters to be shafted by the biggit brothers, Hearts n whoever else rips the pish, time Burrows n the board woke up n smelt the coffee.

56 minutes ago, Motherwell Daft said:

Well we all know what to do with fanny teams like Rangers, Celtic, Hearts n whoever else either doesn’t give us an allocation of tickets for our supporters who want to go to away games..as I said before,  up the prices in the south stand to as much as they fannies charge us...simples

Too often Motherwell are seen as the decent club only for our supporters to be shafted by the biggit brothers, Hearts n whoever else rips the pish, time Burrows n the board woke up n smelt the coffe

I’m sure we do charge the big two £30 a skull?

56 minutes ago, Motherwell Daft said:

Allan Burrows has already proven that he listens to our fans and stands up for them when  required.

You just need to look at the play off games v Rangers and the fact that they no longer get access to tickets in the POD for proof of that.

Both these decisions cost the club financially, but were the right thing to do to protect our supporters and enhance the matchday atmosphere when they visit. 

They should of course be charged whatever they charge us to go to their stadia as playing the Mighty Well should clearly be considered a "premium fixture" :P

We dont appear to charge away fans more than our own, and we do very well by kids. I dont think we can criticised by anyone in this regard. 

https://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/tickets/fir-park-entry-prices/

2 hours ago, Motherwell Daft said:

Too often Motherwell are seen as the decent club only for our supporters to be shafted by the biggit brothers, Hearts n whoever else rips the pish, time Burrows n the board woke up n smelt the coffee.

Whatever we charge for the South, we have to charge the same for the Cooper.

I think there is a League rule.....there certainly used to be....that visiting fans cannot be charged any more than non season ticket home fans. For the same level of seating that is. I think we stick to that principle.

If we are asked to  pay £30 for a seat at Tynecastle then so should non Season Ticket Hearts fans. Whether Doncaster and his pals enforce that rule when it involves the Old Firm (and others maybe) is another matter. 

And of course if you can fill your ground with your own season ticket holders, then the impact of that rule does not really affect home fans.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, dennyc said:

I think there is a League rule.....there certainly used to be....that visiting fans cannot be charged any more than non season ticket home fans. For the same level of seating that is. I think we stick to that principle.

Could the Upper South Stand be charged more than the Lower as there is no comparable seating in the Davie Cooper stand?

Edit to add : this sort of split charging happens at Tynecastle and happened for a while at Tannadice

That was because we went to Ibrox (Butcher, Woods and all) and defended for 85 minutes then opened up and scored a great header from Ray Farningham it was brilliant!
I was actually in the Rangers end that day - free ticket with buddies of mine. A difficult 90 minutes...

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

10 minutes ago, ropy said:

Could the Upper South Stand be charged more than the Lower as there is no comparable seating in the Davie Cooper stand?

Edit to add : this sort of split charging happens at Tynecastle and happened for a while at Tannadice

I think Hearts did that a couple of seasons ago. Charging more for the upper section than the lower. There was no stewarding of who sat where once in the Stand so it became a complete  shambles. Folk paid for the lower section but sat in the upper section and refused to move, resulting in many of their fellow fans being punted to the lower section having paid for the dearer seats. Nearly got really out of hand.

I think Utd did something similar as you suggest. Their additional con was to close the turnstiles giving access to the lower level ( where prices matched the home fans) and insist that all Motherwell fans sit in the upper dear and pay the higher price. If I recall correctly their were no concessions in the upper tier and the police actually threatened to arrest Motherwell fans who complained.

So I think a split might be possible, but it would need to be properly managed and might be more trouble than its worth.

22 minutes ago, weeyin said:

Tynecastle Category B games have tickets categorized as Platinum:£30, Gold;£27, Silver:£21 and Bronze: £19.

Hearts way round that was to charge the lower tier as a lower category but charge the Platinum price for the upper Tier. I would imagine that very few Hearts non season ticket holders would be forced to buy Platinum Seats which is what effectively was forced upon Motherwell fans once the lower section was sold out. A huge amount of the home Platinum seats were likely allocated to ST Holders anyway so were not a factor. But it all fits the League rules if you want to screw away fans. 

1 hour ago, Busta Nut said:

£24 & £30 is astronomical, it's an utter disgrace we charge that.

I've often wondered why a few mates who support either arse cheek don't bother with away games and I failed to take pricing into it tbh. It's a joke. 

On one hand I completely agree the prices are far too high.

On the other hand, when you see how much a club like ours relies on gate receipts, it makes it a difficult problem to solve.

A difficult problem to solve, at least, while the OF still grab the lion's share of existing TV money and other prize pools and our administrators fail to bring in deals of the size that other comparable leagues manage.

1 hour ago, Busta Nut said:

I've often wondered why a few mates who support either arse cheek don't bother with away games and I failed to take pricing into it tbh. It's a joke. 

Do you not think £34 for an adult and 2 kids is reasonable though? 

I think the club have a difficult task here. If we dont charge fans of the big 2 and the likes of Hearts the same as they charge us, lots of our fans would be really unhappy about the fact that we are giving their fans preferential treatment.

I agree that £30 to watch an SPL match is ridiculous. But we didnt start the fire......

• Like 1

When you look at the overall pricing at fir park I think it’s very fair. Tickets for older supporters, families, and the young are great value ( a season ticket for me is now from £175 and that kicks in at age 60, not the 65 at most other clubs and obviously includes old firm games. Full match day prices for an adult start at £20 pay on the gate and again if 60 or older that drops to a concession rate, you can then get into the main stand for £17. If the club start dropping g prices lower than that it’s surely going to effect the playing budget. ?

2 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

We don't know how Lucky we are in Scotland re ticket prices, I was in Liverpool recently and went to the Everton- Southampton game on 14/8, cheapest ticket I could get was £50, and that was buying it 2 weeks before the game. The cheapest available was £38 but they obviously sold quickly.

18 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

We don't know how Lucky we are in Scotland re ticket prices, I was in Liverpool recently and went to the Everton- Southampton game on 14/8, cheapest ticket I could get was £50, and that was buying it 2 weeks before the game. The cheapest available was £38 but they obviously sold quickly.

Oh lucky us. 

Fuck the English fitba. It's a fucking circus down there. 

I do agree children and seniors have decent pricing at FP. Ma da is in a similar  Families may do well out of it. (I get a FREE St for my kid, She's too wee though)  My gripe here isn't at Motherwell. (although I'd like to see us try and address it somehow). 
I'm not one to moan about the "standard" of Scottish fitba. Anything over £20 though is a disgrace for what's on show 90% of the time.  If there is 5 of us going to Tynecastle for example, we'll be looking at closer to £30 a head. I've zero complaints about our method of shitfesting a result either but I am not sure it's worth the price of 4/5/6 pints.

I know I am howling at the moon cos nothing is going to change, in fact it will only get more expensive. It really boils my piss, even more so now I canny really just piss my money away, at how expensive it can be. 

Maybe this independent review will come up with some creative new ways to generate income and allow gate prices to be reduced.

Although while Celtic are posting £11.9 million losses and Rangers seem to need to raise emergency millions every 6 months, I'm not holding my breath.

I always point back to the German model for a good example of how to fund a league and look after the fans, but that requires smarter people at the top of the game than we're likely to see in Scotland.