Jump to content

Spiderpig

Rangers v Motherwell 19/9/21

Recommended Posts

28 minutes ago, AllyMax said:

STV News tonight "Rangers scored, with Motherwell manager Graham Alexander claiming it was offside...." rather than "Rangers clearly offside goal was allowed to stand by the officials".

 

 

Always been  like that with the media, and won't change anytime soon. The ugly sisters get such an easy ride with the west of Scotland media, especially the blue one, and when you add in the shitebags at the SPFL / SFA  not willing to stand up to either of them you get where we are today.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Enjoyed watching our goal again a few times:   an intelligent free-kick onto Van Veen's chest by Kelly, great control by the striker, good running by O'Hara into space and a "stab" aka "toe-poke" (or any other dismissive term used by Hens with typewriters) by Woolery high into  the net.  By contrast, Rangers' "goal" was so far offside even the three ex-Rangers' players on BBC Shortbread  admitted as much.

Should be interesting against RC. I can't see them trying to come forward as much as Hibs,  Dundee or Aberdeen to leave themselves vulnerable to  counter-attacking , so it could be a surprisingly difficult game for us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, AllyMax said:

STV News tonight "Rangers scored, with Motherwell manager Graham Alexander claiming it was offside...." rather than "Rangers clearly offside goal was allowed to stand by the officials".

Thats as close as you'll get to the media admitting it was offside. The BBC didn't even mention "claiming".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Happy Dosser said:

Enjoyed watching our goal again a few times:   an intelligent free-kick onto Van Veen's chest by Kelly, great control by the striker, good running by O'Hara into space and a "stab" aka "toe-poke" (or any other dismissive term used by Hens with typewriters) by Woolery high into  the net.  By contrast, Rangers' "goal" was so far offside even the three ex-Rangers' players on BBC Shortbread  admitted as much.

Should be interesting against RC. I can't see them trying to come forward as much as Hibs,  Dundee or Aberdeen to leave themselves vulnerable to  counter-attacking , so it could be a surprisingly difficult game for us.

Yes,we have come u stuck with them a few times. Very difficult game for us.  Might be unfair on Woolery but might be a game better suited to roberts starting?  Don’t need so much speed up front as closer control. If we get a goal or two up then RC would have to open up which would then suit Woolery a bit more. I think id play VanVeen in the middle of front 3. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, AllyMax said:

STV News tonight "Rangers scored, with Motherwell manager Graham Alexander claiming it was offside...." rather than "Rangers clearly offside goal was allowed to stand by the officials".

 

 

I’d have went with “flag day at Ibrox yesterday and the only cunt not waving his was the fuckin linesman”

should I apply for a job?

 

  • Like 7
  • Haha 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Only a few matches in but the signs so far are positive. We look organized defensively. Ojala has improved us in terms of shape and unity at the back and whilst I’m yet to be fully won over by Mcginley, he has certainly improved (despite one or two weird moments yesterday). 
I’m being extremely critical however I cannot help wonder what this side would have looked like with a ‘top quality (spfl)’ central midefielder in it - rather than 3 wages in the stand In Lawless, Crawford and Parker. 
No harm to Grimshaw or O’Hara but someone that can really shift the ball and link middle to front and we wouldn’t be a kick in the backside from a squad that could compete for the top 4/5 - from what I’ve seen so far of others (which means home drubbing by RC is incoming). 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alan Burrows currently dishing out telts to some journo complaining about 'dead time'.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, GazzyB said:

I know you love a good stat so what is our record under Alexander so far, and our winrate, and what was our total winrate under Robinson?

I was a big fan of Robinson, I even look out for Morecambe results now, but he left at the right time and Alexander has been superb so far.

 

Robinson v Alexander.JPG

Looks like the big difference is that we've just scored much more consistently across the fixtures rather than having feasts and famines. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Richie said:

Alan Burrows currently dishing out telts to some journo complaining about 'dead time'.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
 

Really?  How foolish of us not to realize that we should be hurrying up so that we can help them win the game. Somebody needs to give our manager a good talking to. 
    Every other team in the world employs the same tactics including them when in the same position. Maybe the press should focus a wee bit more on how the officials failed to call a blatant offside goal for Rangers. What a bunch of idiots. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am not 100% sure I know KVV was booked for diving but after seeing it again Steven McLean seem to wait a few seconds suggesting that assistant referee had seen the dive, anyway my point if that’s true then the assistant are very good at seeing at any Motherwell infringements but not a blatant penalty for us or their goal being offside!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, yosemite sam said:

It just goes to show how corrupt the majority of journalists are in this country.

Think it was a Rangers forum/club journo,  not a mainstream media guy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, middleeastdave said:

I am not 100% sure I know KVV was booked for diving but after seeing it again Steven McLean seem to wait a few seconds suggesting that assistant referee had seen the dive, anyway my point if that’s true then the assistant are very good at seeing at any Motherwell infringements but not a blatant penalty for us or their goal being offside!!

I thought it looked like McLean was going to let it go until a couple of Rangers players got in his ear and he then decided to book him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, middleeastdave said:

I am not 100% sure I know KVV was booked for diving but after seeing it again Steven McLean seem to wait a few seconds suggesting that assistant referee had seen the dive, anyway my point if that’s true then the assistant are very good at seeing at any Motherwell infringements but not a blatant penalty for us or their goal being offside!!

I don't disagree, but we got away with Mugabi's handball which under today's rules should have been a pen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought we done well managing the clock after we scored. Even more delighted now when I see how much it got under their skin. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/19/2021 at 9:14 PM, texanwellfan said:

Doesn’t seem like I can listen to it. What was he saying? 

The fact that watt n kvv taking a leisurely stroll off the park when getting subbed..he was livid at the standard of timewasting,but totally contradicted his argument by saying he once shouted at his players t take there time when 2-1up in a european tie..the scoreboard panel slaughtered him for it lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/19/2021 at 8:28 PM, smiddy said:

sure did bomber broon not have 4/5 great games against the original rangurs    so    they bought him as they did with other layers 

Whitaker n Thomson the other 2 t rangers from that team..ripped the spine out out of hibs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ach, we went over all this 'Motherwell would get football stopped' pish when wee Tommy McLean was in charge. Nothing new under the sun.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Haggischomper said:

Ach, we went over all this 'Motherwell would get football stopped' pish when wee Tommy McLean was in charge. Nothing new under the sun.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
 

That was because we went to Ibrox (Butcher, Woods and all) and defended for 85 minutes then opened up and scored a great header from Ray Farningham it was brilliant!

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Winning by Name said:

That was because we went to Ibrox (Butcher, Woods and all) and defended for 85 minutes then opened up and scored a great header from Ray Farningham it was brilliant!

Not many of us there to witness that . Iv still got lumps on my shins where i was getting kicked on the way to the exit.

Ah the good old days of everybody leaving the ground at once. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thankfully I was - stuck up in the back rows of the Main Stand. As bad as the subway loyal were even then, I've never witnessed a stadium empty as quickly in my life.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, steelman1991 said:

Thankfully I was - stuck up in the back rows of the Main Stand. As bad as the subway loyal were even then, I've never witnessed a stadium empty as quickly in my life.

I was there with my brother-in-law and his mate and when we scored they both left me sitting on my own. Bloody brilliant!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Winning by Name said:

I was there with my brother-in-law and his mate and when we scored they both left me sitting on my own. Bloody brilliant!

We were stuck right up in the top left hand corner of the "old main" stand (think they may have been renovating part of the stadium at the time, which is why were decanted there). What a bounce we had.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was at home listening to the radio when the "we have a goal at Ibrox" report came in and I thought it was another lose-in-the-last-5-minutes effort.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

Twitter @MotherwellFC

×