Jump to content

Spiderpig

Rangers v Motherwell 19/9/21

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, GrahamH said:

Pleased with a point but totally scunnered  at the refereeing. Offside goal, penalty denied and 6 minutes of injury time. Absolutely blatant cheating that I hope doesn’t get overlooked due to us getting something out of the game.

Don't forget he was dying to give a corner for the shot that hit Morelos on the arse!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great result today, what do i know i would have hooked Woolery, O'Hara and Grimshaw. Need just a bit of composure in midfield. Watt battled for everything today, sorry to see Ojala go off injured hope hr's ok for next week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What is most satisfying for me is that FINALLY we look like a competitive team who are hard to beat. Alexander is taking us in the right direction it seems.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very good result. 

6 games in and we've only lost due to a penalty in a close fought match.

Some difficult matches coming up but we should be fairly confident going into them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GazzyB said:

That dive from Van Veen is pathetic. He's always at it.

TW is the worst offender for it     ffs he must have been the best man fall champion of airdrie / coatbridge 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, mfc said:

Great result with some impressive performances,that was mcginley's best game for us by a mile,now that he's added a bit of aggression to his game he looks a much better player.woolery was also excellent who should take a lot of confidence from that.

McGinley just needs to learn to use his right foot now and again 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another step in the right direction. Pleasing. Lots of good performances across the pitch and we managed the game well in the 2nd half. A wee bit more quality and composure at times and we could have had 3 pts. No point moaning at offside goals and no penalties at Ibrox....nothing new!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Lobey_Dosser said:

Didn’t see or hear any coverage but that’s a great result Motherwell. I love what Alexander is doing. 

Aye we look like a well coached team which hasn't happened often. The defence has been constantly changing because of injury and suspension but every single player has been solid which is a big credit to Alexander and Lucketti. Our fitness was superb today as well and I think we are pacing ourselves over the 90 very deliberately. 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, texanwellfan said:

McGinley just needs to learn to use his right foot now and again 

True,the corner he gave away in the second half cause he only wanted to use his left foot was a touch frustrating.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, steelboy said:

Aye we look like a well coached team which hasn't happened often. The defence has been constantly changing because of injury and suspension but every single player has been solid which is a big credit to Alexander and Lucketti. Our fitness was superb today as well and I think we are pacing ourselves over the 90 very deliberately. 

 

Yes we are 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, GrahamH said:

Pleased with a point but totally scunnered  at the refereeing. Offside goal, penalty denied and 6 minutes of injury time. Absolutely blatant cheating that I hope doesn’t get overlooked due to us getting something out of the game.

Totally .

offside is easy decision as well as foul on watt was blatant penalty. I'd love alexander to call it out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, smiddy said:

TW is the worst offender for it     ffs he must have been the best man fall champion of airdrie / coatbridge 

That’s my one complaint about him. He needs to cut that out and he might get some of the real fouls against him given. KVV also needs to stop it or at least have TW give home some acting lessons. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Always nice to take something when we visit either Govan or Parkhead as games generally follow the same script when we go there. I was saying earlier in the thread that every time Rangers have played us during some sort of celebration we tend to get something from the game, always nice to spoil the party especially with their counterparts also slipping up today. Delighted for Woolery for getting his first goal for the club, 4 games undefeated now, loving that we are harder to beat. Disappointed with the offside goal and penalty decision, taking those bad ref mistakes off the table its hard enough to get a result. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First class performance from start to finish, did not panic after going one down and continued to play to the plan. Some nice touches from the front 3. Not many games to go now before KVV is suspended, silly booking again, but some wonderful touches. Onto Ross County who will give us a hard game. COYW

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Kat said:

Always nice to take something when we visit either Govan or Parkhead as games generally follow the same script when we go there. I was saying earlier in the thread that every time Rangers have played us during some sort of celebration we tend to get something from the game, always nice to spoil the party especially with their counterparts also slipping up today. Delighted for Woolery for getting his first goal for the club, 4 games undefeated now, loving that we are harder to beat. Disappointed with the offside goal and penalty decision, taking those bad ref mistakes off the table its hard enough to get a result. 

Scored on his debut?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Lobey_Dosser said:

Didn’t see or hear any coverage but that’s a great result Motherwell. I love what Alexander is doing. 

I avoided the game today so can’t comment other than to say well done. I must say, coming  from the performances at Queens Park and Airdrie only a few weeks ago, I didn’t see this level of progress happening at all, never mind as quickly as it apparently has done. Thanks a lot to the manager and the squad of players. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, wellsince75 said:

Id have never played a 4-3-3

id have never played Woolery

Shows how little I know. :)

Well done team, cracking result 

Woolery has started slow but a goal and an assist the last two games is hopefully a sign of things to come. 

He also causes a problem for defences as he has pace to get in behind but also a huge leap so he can beat the centre half in the air so teams don't like pushing their left back up when he's on the park. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, 'WellMagic! said:

Slattery is a very clever player, getting him on a three year deal is a cracking bit of business. 

Slattery could turn out to be the signing of the season.

If we could just get someone to complement him in midfield this team could take some beating 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, ropy said:

Scored on his debut?

Yeah sorry you're right. My mind set was on his efforts he missed versus Livi and Hibs, was just delighted to see him got on the goal trail, and his peach of a cross last week its nice to see him make a bit of an impact now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There was a lot of talk about Rangers scoring so many if they got the same amount of shots as Aberdeen. They got 5 more and only scored the offside header. 

We gave up two good chances in the game and made two. A great outcome at Ibrox. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

Twitter @MotherwellFC

×