Motherwell v Ross County 25/9/21

SteelmaninOZ

Looking forward to this one.

Each game that comes along now seems to be setting us a specific test. 

If we really are destined to be a top 6 team this season, then we need to go out and show it by despatching a team that has caused us problems in the past, but that most would fancy to be finishing bottom 6 this season.

A lot will rest on who is fit and who is injured.

I think our chances will be greatly improved if either Sondre or Ojala or both are fit. No harm to Mugabi or Lamie, but there is a reason that we have looked steadier defensively of late.

Goss would be another that I think would improve our chances if fit. Grimmy gives plenty of energy, but it would be nice to have someone alongside Slattery that was comfortable on the ball.

Front 3 pretty much picks itself, with Roberts the only one in real contention to challenge them at the momment.

Fingers crossed our physios can work some magic.

Based on previous results I think most everyone is very wary of how difficult a fixture this will be for us. So despite scoring in all 6 games, undefeated 5 in a row, looking solid in defense and dangerous in attack, I don’t believe anyone will be suffering from over confidence or taking RC lightly. 

32 minutes ago, texanwellfan said:

Based on previous results I think most everyone is very wary of how difficult a fixture this will be for us. So despite scoring in all 6 games, undefeated 5 in a row, looking solid in defense and dangerous in attack, I don’t believe anyone will be suffering from over confidence or taking RC lightly. 

We should never take any team lightly. We just need to look to the Airdrie game for proof of that. No easy games in this league, so the test is how we approach it. Do we have the right mental attitude? Can we follow up a good result at Ibrox with a solid performance at home?  If we can, its a big chamce to put another 3 points on the board and set ourselves up nicely for the trip to Tynecastle. 

5 hours ago, ohwulliewullie said:

I’ll be away abroad for this one, does anyone know if (a) season ticket holders still have access to a live stream and (b) is that stream viewable without any jiggery-pokery? Cheers

I'm away just now as well and you can subscribe to MotherwellTV for only £15 a month and get all the games. Not sure if you'll get it with your season ticket.

• Like 1

I think even with both first choice centre halves missing we should be pretty confident. Lamie has actually been pretty solid when he’s played this season as has Mugabi, they’ve both improved. Slattery and Van Veen are head and shoulders above what we’ve had and Woolery is also improving. You can now start to see the progression under Alexander, we’re a pretty well drilled outfit with everyone knowing their job and we’re getting far less chopping and changing next to the last few months under Robinson. I just hope hope we get a few more through the turnstiles, I’m sure the atmosphere will be decent.

If we have everyone fit GA has some decisions to make. Does Big Sol come straight back in or does Bevis get the shirt based on his form? Is it time for Goss to replace Grimmy and give us a bit more control of the ball in the middle of the park and better service to the front three? Carroll back in or does McGinley stay in the team after two decent performances?

Even if Ojala and Sol are out i'd still be confident with Lamie and Muagbi in defence. We should be looking to get their on loan keeper under as much pressure as possible. He got MOTM on Saturday but didn't look too clever at either Hearts goal.

I think we'll struggle, it's always the way after an encouraging performance vs a city team. First game of the season we played very well vs Hibs and then were really poor for the next two games if I recall correctly. Would also have Goss in for Grimmy if fit. Love the guy but Goss appears to be a step up in quality.

I think we'll grind out a win, but it won't be pretty. 1-0 to us, Van Veen with a header.

Will be an interesting game, probably going into it as clear favourites, with the opposition I expect happy to leave with a point. A test of a different kind for us - going into a game with some confidence on the back of a very solid run of results. Hopefully we can turn that into a bit of swagger and a comfortable win. We didn’t look that brilliant in the wins against Dundee or Livingston, so hopefully this one is different. 

1 hour ago, texanwellfan said:

What’s the status on injuries? Will everyone be available? I’ve lost track of how the disciplinary process works but a wee bit worried that me might get a flurry of players missing throughout October due to suspensions? 

It’s either six or eight yellows causes a one match ban, if it’s repeated it’s a two match ban.

if the threshold for a ban isn’t met by the first 20 games the record gets wiped.

Its something like that, the numbers might be wrong, I might look it up again.

3 hours ago, texanwellfan said:

Thanks Ropy. Ok so not quite as bad as I thought. 

Offence
Accumulation of six cautionable offences in the same Competition (including cautions incurred under Part D below)

Suspension
1 match dated suspension
(For every further accumulation of six cautionable offences,
the suspension applied will be extended by one match.)

Application of Suspension
Effective from 14th day following date of match when sixth cautionable offence occurred and to be served in the same Competition.