Hearts v Motherwell 2/10/21

CoF

Need all the players to step up for this one. Need all 11 on the park to play well. We have the means to take something from this game but can we?  Don’t care it it’s a classic or not as long as we get something from it, preferably 3 points, especially seeing the 2 games on Sunday. COYW!!!

This could be a proper battle. I hope it turns out that way as we are perfectly set up for that kind of game and to play on the counter attack. It would be good to have Sondre back, but to be fair to Lamie and Mugabi they both look better players alongside Ojala. Huge game and another massive test.

7 minutes ago, Yorkyred said:

If we can get a result at Rangers we can get a result anywhere.

Well maybe not anywhere but certainly at Tynecastle.

Wouldn't exactly say Hearts home results have been poor but they have been better away from home this season.  Aberdeen and Hibs went there and got something so I don't think we should be trepidatious about it.

Have to say Barrie McKay has looked good since he signed though so our left back will need to be on his toes.

Grimshaw came in, got his goal, and played quite well for a game or two. Alexander seems like the kind of manager who is going to let players keep their place if they earn it, which Grimmy did, but he's been really poor now for a few games, so I expect him to bring in Donnelly next week.

The same goes for Lamie in terms of keeping his place, it's surely his to lose given how well he played yesterday.

A huge game for us, a point or better will signal our intentions for the rest of this season. We need big performances from Slattery, Watt & KVV. Gonna say 1-1 with a late Watt equaliser.

4 hours ago, GazzyB said:

Grimshaw came in, got his goal, and played quite well for a game or two. Alexander seems like the kind of manager who is going to let players keep their place if they earn it, which Grimmy did, but he's been really poor now for a few games, so I expect him to bring in Donnelly next week.

The same goes for Lamie in terms of keeping his place, it's surely his to lose given how well he played yesterday.

A huge game for us, a point or better will signal our intentions for the rest of this season. We need big performances from Slattery, Watt & KVV. Gonna say 1-1 with a late Watt equaliser.

Im not sure that Grimshaw has been poor.

Grimshaw has been Grimshaw.

We all know he is limited on the ball, but will run himself into the ground for the team.

To progress, we need more than that. But right now, we dont appear to have many better options that are fit to play.

• Like 1

On 9/26/2021 at 5:19 PM, GazzyB said:

What Grimme offers (In addition to pure endeavour) is he can play right midfield  - I'm not sold Donnelly can and as such not like for like.  

Personally I'd like to see Goss in the team but suspect we need to move to a 4 man midfield to make that work and I don't see GA doing that

• Yabba's Turd changed the title to Hearts v Motherwell 2/10/21
6 hours ago, C&A not the shop said:

With Roberts not available you're looking at the same front three. Even if Johansen is fit it would be harsh to drop Lamie or Ojala so probably the same back 5.

Only change I can see is Donnelly in for Grimshaw and even then this is probably a game that suits Grimshaw.

Yes. I think this will be a game totally made for Grimshaw to play well.  I can see us starting with the same line up as last week but with a few back up plans depending on how the game goes and how the individual players are performing

edit: of course the trick is to make any changes before it costs us.