Hearts v Motherwell 2/10/21

CoF

I'd bring Carroll in tomorrow but apart from that same team. It's my first away game since the St Mirren cup tie in the pouring rain, cannot wait.

Hearts have said everyone with a ticket gets in tommorow regardless of the disaster app. Good decision otherwise it would be chaos outside. The genuises that decided to launch an App largely for football and nightclubs on a Thursday night no doubt earn a small fortune.

21 minutes ago, steelboy said:

Hearts have said everyone with a ticket gets in tommorow regardless of the disaster app. Good decision otherwise it would be chaos outside. The genuises that decided to launch an App largely for football and nightclubs on a Thursday night no doubt earn a small fortune.

In the last month or so I’ve been to two matches in other countries where you needed to prove your vaccination or negative test status before they let you in.  You don’t need an app (a scanned image or paper doc is fine, backed up with some ID) and it takes seconds to check each person. 

Admittedly the attendances were less than will be at Tynecastle tomorrow (and I realise that scanned images could be faked) but if people arrive prepared and allow a wee bit of extra time, it’s really not that big a deal.

8 minutes ago, ohwulliewullie said:

In the last month or so I’ve been to two matches in other countries where you needed to prove your vaccination or negative test status before they let you in.  You don’t need an app (a scanned image or paper doc is fine, backed up with some ID) and it takes seconds to check each person. 

Admittedly the attendances were less than will be at Tynecastle tomorrow (and I realise that scanned images could be faked) but if people arrive prepared and allow a wee bit of extra time, it’s really not that big a deal.

I think it will depend on the length of time fans have to wait to get checked and going through turnstiles. Some entertainment venues are advising patrons to come 60-90 minutes beforehand. The launch does seem shambolic however, but time will tell. Launching an app on the Thursday before a weekend does seem like cutting it too fine, as Steelboy says.

16 minutes ago, ohwulliewullie said:

The issue is the app doesn't work for a lot of people and you can't use it unless you have photo ID. 

Just now, steelboy said:

The issue is the app doesn't work for a lot of people and you can't use it unless you have photo ID. 

Agree with you that some people may not have photo ID… but I imagine for the ones  that don’t, some degree of pragmatism should kick in, eg bank card? I don’t know the detail on that though so I’m guessing.

But you don’t need the app (working or not). For months now you’ve been able to get a paper NHS doc via the post that confirms your vaccines… and more recently they also started offering the option to download a digital version (the one with the QR code), which takes about 3 minutes to do. It’s available via NHS Inform if anyone’s interested. 

7 minutes ago, ohwulliewullie said:

Agree with you that some people may not have photo ID… but I imagine for the ones  that don’t, some degree of pragmatism should kick in, eg bank card? I don’t know the detail on that though so I’m guessing.

But you don’t need the app (working or not). For months now you’ve been able to get a paper NHS doc via the post that confirms your vaccines… and more recently they also started offering the option to download a digital version (the one with the QR code), which takes about 3 minutes to do. It’s available via NHS Inform if anyone’s interested. 

You need photo ID to activate the app. 

The Scottish Government said the app would be available. It's on them. 

13 minutes ago, steelboy said:

Not getting it. 

Set up a wee advice stall outside the Roseburn tomorrow.

I’m not sure if you’re taking the mick now, or if I’m explaining myself really really badly… but just in case… to get in to such events, you need to prove your vaccination status. There are a number of ways to do that. (1) is the app, when / if it eventually works. It didn’t work for me earlier today, but it doesn’t matter (2) is a download of your digital vaccination certificate, which does work (3) is the paper letter

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, ohwulliewullie said:

to get in to such events, you need to prove your vaccination status. There are a number of ways to do that. (1) is the app, when / if it eventually works. It didn’t work for me earlier today, but it doesn’t matter (2) is a download of your digital vaccination certificate, which does work (3) is the paper letter

Thanks. This is the first time I've seen this explanation simply set out clearly anywhere.  One final question:

What is the benefit of launching the app if you can just as easily download a digital certificate?

1 minute ago, Kmcalpin said:

Thanks. This is the first time I've seen this explanation simply set out clearly anywhere.  One final question:

What is the benefit of launching the app if you can just as easily download a digital certificate?

I’m going to guess as I don’t know for sure… with the app, once you’ve created your profile / proved your identity etc once, the first time you use it… Any updates (such as future boosters or whatever) can be automatically added to your profile and you can then access your latest status really easily. I suppose they can also add things like info on test results as well, to get a complete picture of your Covid history in one place. In other words, for the user with the app, any updates are added passively. 

With the download on the other hand, the user has to actively request an update (‘send me a new one as I’ve just had a booster’), and it’s more of a faff as each time you have to go in and prove your identity. I suppose the same principle as the app could be achieved with a ‘user account’ on an NHS website, but an app is probably more likely to get higher usage, as smartphone users are very used to the idea. 

That’s my guess anyway. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kmcalpin said:

As Craig Halkett had to go off last weekend due to a head knock  surely he can't play tomorrow in-line with protocols? Or was it just a wheeze to get a 4th sub on?

Ive seen a few comments online from hearts fans that say they used the excuse of a head knock in order to take halkett off when he just had cramp,they had used all there subs by that point and we're at it.if that is indeed the case then that will be getting exploited throughout the season.it will definitely stink if he's playing tomorrow.

4 minutes ago, mfc said:

Ive seen a few comments online from hearts fans that say they used the excuse of a head knock in order to take halkett off when he just had cramp,they had used all there subs by that point and we're at it.if that is indeed the case then that will be getting exploited throughout the season.it will definitely stink if he's playing tomorrow.

If that is the case then the SFA/SPFL need to plug that loophole. Any player needing To go off with head knock should automatically sit out the next game. 

30 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

If that is the case then the SFA/SPFL need to plug that loophole. Any player needing To go off with head knock should automatically sit out the next game. 

Totally agree,the authorities would need to stamp it out right away if it's being exploited,when one teams starts it the rest will get wise to it and before we know it there will be a fourth sub being used every game under the guise of a concussion.

59 minutes ago, mfc said:

If Hearts did that, they'd be pretty stupid to tell the fans that's what happened.

1 hour ago, weeyin said:

If Hearts did that, they'd be pretty stupid to tell the fans that's what happened.

Hearts fans that were at there game said it was blatant there was no head knock to halkett,he was suffering from cramp minutes before he got took off.ive no idea if its true or not but just seems strange that a number of there fans have came away with this.

Sorry to bang on about vaccine passports etc on here, but the NHS Covid Status App now works for me. I downloaded it yesterday morning, went through the ‘prove your identity step’ (photo of my driving licence and a scan of my face)… entered a few personal details… then got the message ‘we can’t find your details, try again’. However, I’ve just clicked on it now and without me doing anything else, it’s all sorted and accurate. So they must be getting through the fix(es) to get it up and running.