Lawless

0Neils40yarder

Really?

Is this purely because he is a Rangers fan?

If you want to question his football ability fair enough.  But we arent a big enough or rich enough club that can afford to ignore players becausen of their personal preferences, surely?

For the record, I dont see him as a first team starter.......

To be fair, Im not on Twitter so a bit of context might have been useful.

Totally agree he shouldnt be tweeting about other teams.

Thats a discipline issue

Hopefully GA will deal with it.

1 minute ago, KirkySuperSub said:

I'm not on Twitter either, but it's easily Google-able...but aye...fuck him, show him the door... 

Not sure googleing "why is Steven Lawless a mutant" would have shed any light on the original post......

• Haha 2

I appreciate that I may not be the normal audience for this sort of thing. As such, can someone please explain what it is that someone in Lawless's position gains from something like this? Are young players not advised as to the dangers of engaging in social media without engaging their brains? Lots to lose and nothing to gain.

So he a Rangers fan who feckin cares what team he supports, we should be calling out the no life arseholes that trawl social media looking for any comments like that and reposting them .

Motherwell player tweets support for the team he has probably supported all his life...aye OK nothing to see here.

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

48 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

So he a Rangers fan who feckin cares what team he supports, we should be calling out the no life arseholes that trawl social media looking for any comments like that and reposting them .

Motherwell player tweets support for the team he has probably supported all his life...aye OK nothing to see here.

Is there though? It’s a complete lack of unprofessionalism for me. Just about every place of work now has a social media policy on the go. See if his Twitter profile was private and limited to those who he is friends with etc then fair enough. He can tweet what he wants, but it isn’t. His Twitter profile is available to all including those who essentially pay for him to live a cushty life whilst not bothering his arse about trying to get into the team. 

I can’t see him sticking around and suspect he will be Partick Thistle’s problem come January. Even they are above his level though. The guy is crap. 

Could it have turned out differently for him though if he scored the penalty at Easter Road?

1 hour ago, GawnUpBy? said:

Is there though? It’s a complete lack of unprofessionalism for me. Just about every place of work now has a social media policy on the go. See if his Twitter profile was private and limited to those who he is friends with etc then fair enough. He can tweet what he wants, but it isn’t. His Twitter profile is available to all including those who essentially pay for him to live a cushty life whilst not bothering his arse about trying to get into the team. 

I can’t see him sticking around and suspect he will be Partick Thistle’s problem come January. Even they are above his level though. The guy is crap. 

Could it have turned out differently for him though if he scored the penalty at Easter Road?

Would we be having this discussion if it was KVV tweeting about whatever Dutch team he supported as a boy, or Ojala about his favourite team  or even Lawless tweeting about Partick Thistle or any other team , I think not.

But because its a tweet about the ugly sisters winning / losing etc  every one is all over it, some people really need to get a life and leave all the who tweeted what shite to the blue and green morons who thrive on all that crap.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

Would we be having this discussion if it was KVV tweeting about whatever Dutch team he supported as a boy, or Ojala about his favourite team  or even Lawless tweeting about Partick Thistle or any other team , I think not.

But because its a tweet about the ugly sisters winning / losing etc  every one is all over it, some people really need to get a life and leave all the who tweeted what shite to the blue and green morons who thrive on all that crap.

That’s nonsense. If Van Veen or Ojala wanted to tweet about teams from their homeland then fair enough. The team that employs them are not in direct competition with these sides.

Domestically though, I think it should be a case of doing your job and keeping your mouth shut. Especially on a platform that is so public.  We all know Tony Watt supports Celtic but does he bang on about it? Hardly. 

Dom Thomas was also guilty of it, which caused him not to be endeared by many. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, MJC_mkII said:

Agreed, who he supports is irrelevant. He should be moved on as soon as possible though, simply because he isn’t good enough and should never have been re-signed in the first place. 

Thats it for me. He's just not good enough. 

Wasn't good enough the first time, and not good enough now.

Going by his most recent performances Lawless is not good enough for our squad and hopefully has been told that by Alexander. That's the only thing that really matters.

Until he finds another Club to take him on he seems to be doing his own thing with a total disregard for how it reflects on his current Club or himself. He surely has destroyed any remote chance he had of ever getting back into the matchday squad. I don't believe Burrows or Alexander will have any qualms about leaving him to rot until he departs. The social Media stuff is classless and might even be an "Up yours" to all with a Motherwell connection, having caught on to the fact his days with us are numbered. Whether that might deter other Clubs from signing him is a factor he clearly does not care about either. 

Can we just not completely ignore him and leave all the bitterness to those that follow the Old Firm? Not playing and being ignored will get to him far more than anything anybody on here can say.

But as for him been seen cheering on the team he supports! Get a grip. Would there be the same reaction on here if Tony Watt was seen at Celtic Park or Stephen Kelly at Ibrox? I think not. And I may have missed it, but I did not see any complaints from St Mirren fans when Charles Dunne tipped up at Fir Park to cheer on his mates. To me, all the noise is because of who is involved and, for some, where he was seen.

• Like 1

A quote from Tony Watt this week about the Hearts game:

He revealed: "They're doing well just now. I speak to Liam Boyce quite a lot, and we set each other challenges with goals every week, so I'll probably have a text from him just now!

Is this OK, or should we be punting him too, because it sounds like he is trying to help Liam Boyce score goals?

• Haha 1

It wasn't his fault he was on TV at Ibrox and the usual suspects on Twitter lost the plot on that. Now he is just noising them up. Not very professional but he'll get the same wage and when his contract is up it won't effect where he goes.

On the scale of Scottish football bother noising up 20 middle aged people who reply to every single Alan Burrows tweet isn't really up there with the Griffiths, Martindale, McKay, Big Deccys or Goodwillies of the world. He'll leave us and join Patrick Thistle in January or next summer. 

• Like 1