Lawless

0Neils40yarder

Doesn't generally bother me the social media output of any player tbh. They can support who they want clearly and that's fine for me  But it is a bit unprofessional I think when it's a team in the same league. At the least it's just a shite look.

Regardless, he's not quite good enough anymore at this level it seems. Loan to Killie appears to what is happening by end of this month 

• Like 2

Anymore? Lawless was never good enough for the level we play at. Not the first time round when he ended up being released after failing to break into the first team and certainly not now. Why we re-signed him is baffling and hopefully we won’t see him in C&A again.

Its all about context.
As said, if KVV tweeted about PSV its inconsequential, they're not a direct competitor, but I don't think that's where it ends.
I think if a player was even to tweet in support of Killie/St Johnstine etc it wouldn't be an issue either tbh - I think alot of it comes down to the subtext of what's going to be tweeted.
Lawless obviously doing it to ingratiate himself to 'The People' (likely in the misguided hope that it may lead to him pulling on a blue jersey).
You know the demographic he's pandering to though and the connotations.
It's unprofessional and not the kind of vibe we want around the club.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, MJC_mkII said:

Anymore? Lawless was never good enough for the level we play at. Not the first time round when he ended up being released after failing to break into the first team and certainly not now. Why we re-signed him is baffling and hopefully we won’t see him in C&A again.

To be fair, plenty of folk on here thought he’d do just fine as cover. His scoring record for Thistle and Livi in the Premier league (a goal every 6 games or so) was perfectly respectable for a winger, although his number of assists wasn’t so hot.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Richie said:

Lawless obviously doing it to ingratiate himself to 'The People' (likely in the misguided hope that it may lead to him pulling on a blue jersey).

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

There is no way he thinks he is going to leave us and join Rangers ffs!

Can't get a game for Burton Albion or Motherwell but he's  going to roll up at Ibrox and sign for Rangers aged 31? They probably wouldn't sign him if they got papped down to League 2 again.

He's winding up the people who were moaning about him going to Ibrox for the Lyon game. It's immature but so is a lot of stuff on Twitter. 

3 hours ago, GawnUpBy? said:

That’s nonsense. If Van Veen or Ojala wanted to tweet about teams from their homeland then fair enough. The team that employs them are not in direct competition with these sides.

Domestically though, I think it should be a case of doing your job and keeping your mouth shut. Especially on a platform that is so public.  We all know Tony Watt supports Celtic but does he bang on about it? Hardly. 

Dom Thomas was also guilty of it, which caused him not to be endeared by many. 

Spot on.

I remember when he left Thistle he had put out a statement on social media saying how great the Jags were to him and how they were the first club to give him a chance with numerous digs at Motherwell. 

I believe he rubbed some of the Thistle fans the wrong way as well as he obviously joined Livingston who had relegated the Jags via the playoffs not long after the poor performance in that match. 

Maybe he was just trying to prove a point but he always seemed like a handful playing against us and scored a few goals, apart from the quality assist for Watt against St J he hasn't really done much for us. I don't think anyone would be too upset should he depart in the near future. 

Bottom line is, there are many posters on here that don't rate him - which is fine, we all like/dislike different players.

The "looking for things you don't like on social media" is just 21st century villagers and pitchforks with very selective standards.

If Tony Watt is spotted in the crowd at the Celtic game on Thursday,  there will be a sum total of zero outrage because, just like his texting with Liam Boyce, has no bearing on how well he plays for us.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, weeyin said:

If Tony Watt is spotted in the crowd at the Celtic game on Thursday,  there will be a sum total of zero outrage because, just like his texting with Liam Boyce, has no bearing on how well he plays for us.

You've mentioned that twice now, despite surely knowing the difference? 

If Lawless was texting his comments to other Rangers-supporting mates then there's no issue. He's posting them on Twitter, knowing fine well it'll annoy the fans of the club he's currently playing for and who are paying his wages.

Big difference.

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, David said:

You've mentioned that twice now, despite surely knowing the difference? 

If Lawless was texting his comments to other Rangers-supporting mates then there's no issue. He's posting them on Twitter, knowing fine well it'll annoy the fans of the club he's currently playing for and who are paying his wages.

Big difference.

Don't use Twitter (deliberately) so did Lawless just randomly post that or was it in response to other users having a go at him. I could excuse the latter as he's just winding up the trolls (we've all done it) but if the former then that's a bad call by him.

18 minutes ago, santheman said:

Don't use Twitter (deliberately) so did Lawless just randomly post that or was it in response to other users having a go at him. I could excuse the latter as he's just winding up the trolls (we've all done it) but if the former then that's a bad call by him.

He just posted it. And the thing is, it's not a big deal if he's not currently employed as a player by a club who play in the same league. If he was a Burton Albion player, then fine, but he knows it's going to piss off the fans of the team who currently pay his wages, so why do it? Is it so important to post shit on Twitter?

He clearly doesn't give a fuck what Motherwell fans think, or indeed the club for that matter, which is why there's an issue.