Motherwell v Celtic 16/10/2021

SteelmaninOZ

28 minutes ago, SteelmaninOZ said:

Watching the Aberdeen v Celtic game here at the far side of the world 75 minutes gone Celtic are flat.
I really think we should beat them won’t be pretty though.

Fir Park will be twisting turning shaking at the end 

They have two wingers who rip our two full backs a new wan 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, mfc said:

With a bit of luck and if we have a go,there's no reason why we can't get something from this game,there suspect at the back,the plan should be an attacking one.

They are definitely suspect at the back, but we need to be absolutely clinical with any chances we get, something we weren’t yesterday. What worries me more is up the other end and how we handle the pace and quality of their attacking players. 

2 hours ago, Yodo said:

Watched the whole game Celtic are average at best, keep the service to Jota and Furuhashi to a minimum and they will struggle to create anything.  Defensively they are brutal especially the centre half's plus Joe Hart has at least 1 or 2 mistakes per game in him.

Getting our midfield sorted and organised  is the key to getting a result against them ie not playing 4-3-3 , they are very beatable, so we need to get right in about them from the start.

1 hour ago, Spiderpig said:

Watched the whole game Celtic are average at best, keep the service to Jota and Furuhashi to a minimum and they will struggle to create anything.  Defensively they are brutal especially the centre half's plus Joe Hart has at least 1 or 2 mistakes per game in him.

Getting our midfield sorted and organised  is the key to getting a result against them ie not playing 4-3-3 , they are very beatable, so we need to get right in about them from the start.

Agree with that 

We will stick to our usual plan. We all know that. 3 in midfield and surrender wide areas as we think we can defend anything that comes into the box.

I suspect Celtic will use that space out wide to get in behind our full backs and cut the ball back, rather than lumping high balls into the box from forty yards out.... which suits our set up.

If we gift them an early goal like we did yesterday, it will turn out to be a very long day.

Celtic are not great and are there to be got at, but not by us if we set up as we have done all season. Not with their pace.

29 minutes ago, dennyc said:

We will stick to our usual plan. We all know that. 3 in midfield and surrender wide areas as we think we can defend anything that comes into the box.

I suspect Celtic will use that space out wide to get in behind our full backs and cut the ball back, rather than lumping high balls into the box from forty yards out.... which suits our set up.

If we gift them an early goal like we did yesterday, it will turn out to be a very long day.

Celtic are not great and are there to be got at, but not by us if we set up as we have done all season. Not with their pace.

That's a good point about when the ball is out wide,celtics winning goal today is how they will look to play it rather than just chucking balls into the box,our full backs will need to be on there game and not get caught out of position.if we don't make any daft mistakes that give the referee a decision and have a go,i really think we can get something from this game,there defence is there weakest area and we have to exploit it and not let the game drift by and just hope something happens.

On 10/3/2021 at 1:55 PM, Yodo said:

ahh yodo you may be correct   but   KVV  will be on fire cause he will play to the crowd  and the sky tv audiance   just hope he doesnt get booked early or he wont see 60 mins

4 hours ago, smiddy said:

ohhhhhh you cant say things like that in this day n age                                   but a know what you mean :whistle:

I meant in a purely footballing sense of course. :)

1 hour ago, Yorkyred said:

Are Celtic really that good ?, I’m not convinced they are.

They’re maybe not as good as they were under Brendan Rodgers or ‘that good’ by their own standards but from what I’ve seen of them so far this season is that they are very strong from middle to front yet suspect at the back. Their front players like Kyogo, Jota, Abada and Forrest (if fit) are by far and away the best frontline players in the country and if we play against them like we did at Tynecastle then we may well get an absolute pasting. They also have a good midfield which is also an attacking threat in McGregor and Turnbull (who is bound to score against us).

In short, they are more than good enough to give us a sound beating in two weeks time.

22 hours ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

What kind of reception is Turnbull going to get?

I would like to think a good one,  never demanded a move,  signed new contract and got us £3 million,  but mind you I remember Lambert getting booed when he returned and he left us to Join Dortmund and win the champions league!!

• Like 3