Motherwell v Celtic 16/10/2021

SteelmaninOZ

4 hours ago, Big Stall said:

14 hours in and @weeyin hasn't jumped all over this? Must have the 'rona or something

1 hour ago, weeyin said:

Taking the week off for the international break.

It’s just as well Celtic beat Aberdeen away on Sunday, otherwise they’d be coming to Fir Park having not won a domestic away match since February….and everyone(well some) would be saying that “teams on a bad run always end it against us”.

And that, along with Turnbull being the “ex player who always scores against us” would be like a double whammy. :rolleyes:

36 minutes ago, yosemite sam said:

David Turnbull will always get my respect for doing what he did to make sure Motherwell got the £3m fee for him, but I will not be cheering him or booing him. He plays for another team, so we move on as he does.

That's my take on it too,I'll not be applauding him but at the same time I'll certainly not be booing him.he was a great player to watch when he was with us and made the club a lot of money,i was gutted he left to join that mob but to be honest he isn't someone i spend much time thinking about now,he just feels like any other ex player when i see him on the tele.

David Turnbull deserves our respect.

Anyone booing him is an idiot.

Unless of course he scores the winner and celebrates down the East Stand side like Karl Higgingbottom. But we all know he has far too much class for that.......

• Like 1

I have no problem with some polite applause prior to kick off. Then it’s us against them as normal. Certainly wouldn’t be booing him just because he’s an ex player in a Celtic jersey. However, if he does something “boo worthy”. Then by all means boo him, same as you would any other player. I wish him all the best and a great career (perhaps returning to us like uncle Phil) but hope he stinks against us. COYW

This could be a super game for us, we have the ability to beat the tic who at the moment are underwhelming and perhaps as good a chance for us to beat them of late, however as has been said if we play like we did against Hearts then we will be royally pumped.

We need to close the door at the back, close them down by getting in their faces n not let DT spray passes about and be clinical up front with TW n KVV getting a double each!

Will be watching from the Middle East on Well TV so hope to be witnessing a super Well victory!

As for DT, the Well fans I’m sure will give him an ovation as he stood by Motherwell by signing that extension which effectively netted us £3MILLION plus, the guy was a credit to Motherwell and am glad he wont be at Tic much longer than the end of the season before moving on and netting us another tidy sum.

2-1 Well COYW!!!!

34 minutes ago, Motherwell Daft said:

This could be a super game for us, we have the ability to beat the tic who at the moment are underwhelming and perhaps as good a chance for us to beat them

I reckon before every old firm game we need a “we’ll never get a better chance to beat them” poll just to gauge the level of optimism. Maybe have a vote-off with “certain defeat”?

14 minutes ago, ohwulliewullie said:

I reckon before every old firm game we need a “we’ll never get a better chance to beat them” poll just to gauge the level of optimism. Maybe have a vote-off with “certain defeat”?

Well it depends on when “before the game” is.  5 days before I think optimism will be low. The night before the needle will be off the scale,  almost Trump like. “The only way we can get beat is if it’s rigged”

He would only get an ‘ovation’ if he was being carried off on a stretcher, he may get a ripple of applause if he gets subbed off at 0-0.  Any booing would be out of order unless he does something specifically to deserve it which would be out of character. 

1 hour ago, ohwulliewullie said:

To be fair, we won’t have a chance to beat them like this for a while! They are a shell of what they used to be and we aren’t too bad. Gonna go for a 3-2 win with KVV getting a hat trick to cement his status as a Well legend already. 

I think we have a decent chance of getting something from this game. They are nowhere near as good as they have been and we have certainly got a bit more about us then the last couple of years. A lot of it will come down to ounr attitude and whether we can limit them as an attacking threat. Hopefully we realise that playing for a draw will be a fool's errand. We need to put pressure on them and hope for a clinical day in attack. We will probably need a couple of goals to get a result.

As for David Turnbull, I am a little old for pantomime so giving him abuse for simply being an ex Motherwell player seems unwarranted. However the idea of any sort of orchestrated outpouring of thanks and appreciation is not necessary. He has shown a certain amount of class in the past and was an excellent player for us, but he is no longer our player and, as such, doesn't require any special treatment.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, GazzyB said:

To be fair, we won’t have a chance to beat them like this for a while! They are a shell of what they used to be and we aren’t too bad. Gonna go for a 3-2 win with KVV getting a hat trick to cement his status as a Well legend already. 

Must be something in the water up the Highlands way