Motherwell v Celtic 16/10/2021

SteelmaninOZ

3 hours ago, smiddy said:

its called whiskey                          

It’s ‘whisky’ in Scotland. Our national drink and so many people spell it wrong.

It certainly does help improve your mood and enthusiasm mind you, I fully agree on that. :cheers:

• Thanks 1

On 10/7/2021 at 7:57 AM, smiddy said:

yip yodo        its called whiskey       it makes you feel good and quite enthusiastic                                  you should try some  sometime 

I cannae afford Whisky Smiddy need tae stick tae Adams Ale 

21 hours ago, Big Stall said:

Any word on whether we need vaccine passports for this? Away all week, will be getting dropped off at Fir Park for kick off. Do i need to get certification?

As I understand it, legal enforcement doesn't start until October 18th. So if we sell more than 10,000 tickets, you might be asked for your vaccine passport to test our procedures (they have to spot-check "a reasonable number" of people), but they probably won't stop you getting in if you don't have it. But if we just decide to sell less than 10,000 tickets to avoid the hassle, we don't have to check anyone anyway.

3 hours ago, Richie said:

Anyone know what the craic is with tickets?
Says none available online.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

The official site said only 150 left first thing Tuesday morning, so they might all be gone by now.

I see live streaming is available for those that miss out.

The official site said only 150 left first thing Tuesday morning, so they might all be gone by now.
I see live streaming is available for those that miss out.

Cheers, in comms with the ticket office just now, so we'll see what happens.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

21 hours ago, Big Stall said:

Any word on whether we need vaccine passports for this? Away all week, will be getting dropped off at Fir Park for kick off. Do i need to get certification?

Our capacity will be limited to under 10,000 for this match. Vaccine certification is not required.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, well_said said:

Dont get your hopes  up everyone , surprise surprise we've got Collum on saturday. 

I was shown some stats at work today that Celtic are being treated far more leniently than other teams by the refs.  When Collum previously reffed them this season they managed to commit 18 fouls and the solitary booking they got was Soro in the 86th minute. They are averaging 14 fouls per card against 8 fouls per card for teams playing them.  We on the other hand are the most harshly dealt with team in the league.gn20.png

To compare that to something outside of Scotland West Ham have the highest fouls per card in the EPL at 10 fouls per card then it's Chelsea at 8. Italy is AC Milan on 9. Spain is Sociedad on 8.4. Germany is Bayern Munich on 12 then RB Leipzig on 10.

• Like 2

That’s actually quite a staggering set of stats and yet again blows any ludicrous idea that referees are anti-Celtic right out of the water. You won’t hear anyone in the MSM bring these up mind you, can’t be upsetting the elephant in the room.

What this also does though is show that Celtic’s faux victim propaganda and bullying tactics work in their favour. Since they caused the refereeing strike back in 2010 many match officials have been running scared of them and to be honest I can totally understand why. Celtic, their support and their backers in the media and in politics are an extremely dangerous bunch who could and would make their lives a misery if they didn’t toe the party line. It just wouldn’t be worth the hassle on a personal level but it’s a sad reflection of the Scottish game that one club have so much control, on and off the park.

6 hours ago, steelboy said:

I was shown some stats at work today that Celtic are being treated far more leniently than other teams by the refs.  When Collum previously reffed them this season they managed to commit 18 fouls and the solitary booking they got was Soro in the 86th minute. They are averaging 14 fouls per card against 8 fouls per card for teams playing them.  We on the other hand are the most harshly dealt with team in the league.gn20.png

To compare that to something outside of Scotland West Ham have the highest fouls per card in the EPL at 10 fouls per card then it's Chelsea at 8. Italy is AC Milan on 9. Spain is Sociedad on 8.4. Germany is Bayern Munich on 12 then RB Leipzig on 10.

For those stats to make any sense all the fouls for every team would need to be the same ie bad enough to warrant a yellow or red card, however in the real world we know not every foul warrants a card, so quoting  stats like "fouls per card " is just nonsense