Ojala

Carroll

Goss

Slattery

Donnelly/O’Hara

Woollery

Van Veen

Watt

That is our best team right now. Play it and 2-0 to us. Play O’Donnell, Grimmy, McGinley and put KVV out the left and we won’t win. 

• Like 1

Agree with GazzyB, GA has to deploy KVV through the middle where he will do most damage, Watt just in behind him with Woolery out wide, O'Hara needs to be back in the starting 11 as for SOD I'd give one more chance to play like we know he can, could be that GA has to throw him a Scotland strip and tell him to play like he does for Scotland for us those surging runs down the wing for example, shots on target, tackles stopping breakaways, things that he doesn't/hasn't been doing for us for a change!

Tough game as United going well, taking something from the game wouldn't be a bad thing but with my heart ruling my head I'll say 2-1 the mighty Well.  

4 hours ago, GazzyB said:

Kelly

Mugabi

Sondre/Lamie if he’s not fit

Ojala

Carroll

Goss

Slattery

Donnelly/O’Hara

Woollery

Van Veen

Watt

That is our best team right now. Play it and 2-0 to us. Play O’Donnell, Grimmy, McGinley and put KVV out the left and we won’t win. 

It’s not even close. Donnelly and Slattery is an imbalance straight away unless we play with 2 deep lying midfielders with 3 others around them.  Certainly not how this team is set up.

1 hour ago, Onthefringes said:

It’s not even close. Donnelly and Slattery is an imbalance straight away unless we play with 2 deep lying midfielders with 3 others around them.  Certainly not how this team is set up.

You don’t think Donnelly could sit in and let Slattery get forward a bit more?

1 minute ago, yosemite sam said:

Can't agree about Goss in midfield. He produced absolutely nothing against Celtic.

That's an unfair game to judge him on though. He's looked decent in the flashes I've seen of him previous to the weekends game. He deserves a chance against a side that isn't Celtic or Rangers.

• Haha 1

We can't go away from home with a non existent midfield against a team in form and play our 433,we have to start this game with the aim of being hard to beat and see where it gets us.i would be tempted to go 352 and bring in carroll and sondre and go with van veen and watt up top.

1 hour ago, David said:

That's an unfair game to judge him on though. He's looked decent in the flashes I've seen of him previous to the weekends game. He deserves a chance against a side that isn't Celtic or Rangers.

I’d say Justin has shown more than Goss and more suited to a right midfield role.

perhaps as below with +1 being any one of Sondre, Lamie or Mugabi

kelly

O’Donnell Ojala +1 Carroll 

Justin Slattery O’Hara

Roberts  KVV Watt

Alternatively stick Grimmy at right back and push O’Donnel up to mid right 

11 minutes ago, texanwellfan said:

I’d say Justin has shown more than Goss and more suited to a right midfield role.

perhaps as below with +1 being any one of Sondre, Lamie or Mugabi

kelly

O’Donnell Ojala +1 Carroll 

Justin Slattery O’Hara

Roberts  KVV Watt

Alternatively stick Grimmy at right back and push O’Donnel up to mid right 

There's an argument for Justin to come in for sure, I'm just saying that we can't judge Goss solely on his performance against Celtic. 

12 minutes ago, David said:

There's an argument for Justin to come in for sure, I'm just saying that we can't judge Goss solely on his performance against Celtic. 

Agree. I thought his inclusion would be more gradual. Found it surprising that the manager kind of threw him in at the deep end. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, David said:

Anyone thinking that the manager is going to voluntarily drop O'Donnell for Mugabi is mental.

Not the most tactful of replies, but we'll let that stick to the wall.

If you read back, no-one has suggested that GA will make that change, but a few of us have raised that  as an idea with merit, at least on a trial basis.

16 hours ago, SteelmaninOZ said:

A wee trip to Dundee 

Will we win this game?

Predictions are
Pre match GA will talk about having a full squad only to find out later we have key players injured
We'll play a 4-3-3 with at least a couple of odd choices. 
Allow Utd  +60% possession and lots of shots at goal. We'll tire them out by allowing them so many chances. 
They'll miss their opportunities and we'll have Watt or KVV secure the points. 
We'll be happy with the points and hope that some day performances improve. 

53 minutes ago, wellsince75 said:

Predictions are
Pre match GA will talk about having a full squad only to find out later we have key players injured
We'll play a 4-3-3 with at least a couple of odd choices. 
Allow Utd  +60% possession and lots of shots at goal. We'll tire them out by allowing them so many chances. 
They'll miss their opportunities and we'll have Watt or KVV secure the points. 
We'll be happy with the points and hope that some day performances improve. 

I’ll take it 

• Like 1