Dundee United v Motherwell 23/10/2021

SteelmaninOZ

Just now, Yodo said:

So he's a luxury player we can't have in the team agreed he's only played 9 games but honestly for me he doesn't fit Alexanders style of play 

A luxury player? I wouldn't say so, no. We need someone who can pick out a pass and read the game well. I think he's been brought in with the intention of giving him a prolonged run in the team, which is why he's been given a three year deal.

Alexander seemed very happy to have brought him in, and claimed he'd been talking to him for a while.

31 minutes ago, Yodo said:

So he's a luxury player we can't have in the team agreed he's only played 9 games but honestly for me he doesn't fit Alexanders style of play 

Apart from his tackling, passing and closing down space what has he ever done for us?

He's the only midfielder that looks like he knows what he's doing.

Once he had 6 months first team action under his belt he'll be undroppable.

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, David said:

A luxury player? I wouldn't say so, no. We need someone who can pick out a pass and read the game well. I think he's been brought in with the intention of giving him a prolonged run in the team, which is why he's been given a three year deal.

Alexander seemed very happy to have brought him in, and claimed he'd been talking to him for a while.

Hope we don't have to wait 3 year to see an improvement in his play 

Dundee United going about their business very quietly. I’ll be delighted with a point. As for the team, who knows? Do we move Grimshaw to right back and bring in Donnelly? Not sure if I’m comfortable with Mugabi at right back although he was a solid 6/10 when he was out there. O’Donnell’s performances haven’t been good enough but I think we sometimes forget he barely had a pre season with his Scotland duty plus injury afterwards. 

2 hours ago, Yodo said:

Hope we don't have to wait 3 year to see an improvement in his play 

He is the only midfielder we have that looks like he has a bit of genuine quality about him. If we get some players of similar quality around him or increase the numbers around him to give him some support we might get to see how good he can be. Hard to look good when you are carrying a whole midfield.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Yodo said:

And when did all this take place 

It's happened in most of the games I've seen him in. Granted, he's still getting up to speed with Scottish football as mentioned, but he does have the look of someone who can read the game and actually play football.

We signed him on a three year deal for a reason.

Dundee United have the most clean sheets in the division but the only time they've scored more than once at home this season was against Elgin City in the league cup.

The 3-0 win against Hibs last week was a great result but in terms of goal scoring it's a bit of an anomaly.

I'd expect this match to be fairly close but the form shows if we can score we'll have a decent chance of getting something out the game.

To be honest I'm more concerned about our form than Dundee United.  Started the season well but we've gone into a wee dip in the last few games and it's important we don't let that continue, especially since we haven't scored in the last two.  The main improvement we'd shown was we were taking our chances and scoring regularly and I wouldn't want to see that slip.

4 hours ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

To be honest I'm more concerned about our form than Dundee United.  Started the season well but we've gone into a wee dip in the last few games and it's important we don't let that continue, especially since we haven't scored in the last two.  

How many points were you expecting against unbeaten Hearts at Tynecastle & at home to one half of the Old Firm?!

• Haha 1