Dundee United v Motherwell 23/10/2021

SteelmaninOZ

4 minutes ago, Stevie73 said:

We can’t stop conceding goals, until we fix that we will never win football matches, every team that plays us know they are guaranteed to score, all they need to do is be patient…..

We need to go 352 imo. We're overrun in midfield every week. We've got to start stifling games and get harder to break down. I expect to see changes in personnel next week. Ohara, Lamie, Carroll and possibly Shields in and mcginley, woolery, mugabi out. 

1 minute ago, wellup83 said:

We need to go 352 imo. We're overrun in midfield every week. We've got to start stifling games and get harder to break down. I expect to see changes in personnel next week. Ohara, Lamie, Carroll and possibly Shields in and mcginley, woolery, mugabi out. 

You play Slattery & Goss next game ? 

5 minutes ago, couttsy said:

Grimmy is going to complete this game. Not only that he’s going to complete it in the middle of a midfield 3……Unbelievable…

He played Goss on the right which is weak side and  Slattery on the left which is his weak side. 

Grimmy has two weak sides so he naturally goes in the middle. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Lose midweek and we’re bang in trouble. 2 or 3 players starting week in week out that should be no where near this level of football. Add to that our “best” players playing poorly and we’re only heading one way.

Agree with others that 3-5-2 is the way forward with Lamie or Solholm and Carroll coming in at the back and Ohara into midfield (on the right) with McGinley, Grimshaw and Woolery making way.

7 minutes ago, Coatsy said:

Time for Alexander to take a long hard look at what he is watching each week and address it. There are several players that should be nowhere near the first team. But more than that he need to address the way he wants his team to play because this is criminal. If this is the best players we have we are in trouble we have no composure and can't pass for toffee..

By the way i don't believe that our players are that poor a standard that every other team in the league can pass  better than us but it certainly looks like that the way we play week in and out

There are 3 players that should be nowhere near the starting 11

SOD, Nathan McGinley and Grimshaw 

If we continue to play them we are in deep shite 

That's a month without picking up a point and team and individual form is on the slid.

Big match coming up midweek.  We need to arrest this dip as we have some difficult matches coming up Rangers, Hearts, Aberdeen and Dundee Utd again in the next 6.

Think we are going to have to re-think it over the next few days as St. Mirren play 6 in midfield a lot of the time.

1 minute ago, MJC_mkII said:

Weak at full back, weak at centre back and feeble up front. 

That is the only way to describe today and the last three straight losses. 

Big week coming up for us.

Even weaker in the middle of the park wae the three stoogies 

• Like 1

Somehow, even though we were terrible, their keeper had to make a few excellent saves to keep us out, and we had the disallowed goal as well, while Utd had two chances. Weird one, maybe this is how the teams we beat felt.

McGinley and Slattery were especially poor today, although they had plenty of competition. Turning a promising break for us into a goal for them just summed us up.

We need to ditch the front three, we have our best striker playing out wide, displaced by a once again piss poor Van Veen. Woolery shows flashes then hides, which is frustrating as he's shown he can go past his man when he's not competing with grimshaw in the backpass Olympics. He inexplicably seems to be one of the first names on the team sheet, I don't get it.

We're going to be up and down like this, so not worrying, just like I wasn't looking out the passport after a couple of decent wins.

Now I'm taking my covid booster generated 103 fever back to bed and going to pretend the game didn't happen.

9 minutes ago, wellwell91 said:

There are 3 players that should be nowhere near the starting 11

SOD, Nathan McGinley and Grimshaw 

If we continue to play them we are in deep shite 

SOD actually gave up during that game. Took no responsibility on the ball and let cross field passes he could have tried to control go out. 

Never a captain. Second season in a row we have had an imposter with the armband. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, fizoxy said:

Somehow, even though we were terrible, their keeper had to make a few excellent saves to keep us out, and we had the disallowed goal as well, while Utd had two chances. Weird one, maybe this is how the teams we beat felt.

McGinley and Slattery were especially poor today, although they had plenty of competition. Turning a promising break for us into a goal for them just summed us up.

We need to ditch the front three, we have our best striker playing out wide, displaced by a once again piss poor Van Veen. Woolery shows flashes then hides, which is frustrating as he's shown he can go past his man when he's not competing with grimshaw in the backpass Olympics. He inexplicably seems to be one of the first names on the team sheet, I don't get it.

We're going to be up and down like this, so not worrying, just like I wasn't looking out the passport after a couple of decent wins.

Now I'm taking my covid booster generated 103 fever back to bed and going to pretend the game didn't happen.

We were terrible as were Dundee Utd. Teams dont need to be good to beat us , just patient cos we will invariably give the opposition free hits.

2 minutes ago, steelboy said:

SOD actually gave up during that game. Took no responsibility on the ball and let cross field passes he could have tried to control go out. 

Never a captain. Second season in a row we have had an imposter with the armband. 

I said that when he was appointed. SO’D is never a captain/leader in a million years.

I would be giving Ojala the captaincy tomorrow.