Motherwell v St Mirren 27/10/2021

SteelmaninOZ

On 10/25/2021 at 3:39 PM, Spiderpig said:

That's a shocker a fully trained and UEFA licensed pro coach, ex player with lots of experience in football not listening to what the fans think about his tactics and player choices each week, where will  it end

In tears for the fans 

For GA’s sake we better get a result tonight. A draw would probably be just about acceptable but if we lose then a great deal of the support he has will always be lost too. I hope I’m wrong but persisting with SO’D and Grimshaw is madness.

1 minute ago, MJC_mkII said:

For GA’s sake we better get a result tonight. A draw would probably be just about acceptable but if we lose then a great deal of the support he has will always be lost too. I hope I’m wrong but persisting with SO’D Grimshaw is madness.

hopefully they've got enough about them to try and prove a point , the downside is maybe they feel they could play any way they like and keep place.

I don't think lack of effort will be grimmys problem tho.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MJC_mkII said:

For GA’s sake we better get a result tonight. A draw would probably be just about acceptable but if we lose then a great deal of the support he has will always be lost too. I hope I’m wrong but persisting with SO’D and Grimshaw is madness.

Listen I'd gaffer tape Grimshaw to a weather balloon and untether faster than you can say 'Jack Robinson' and I've already said tonight that I'd much rather have Carroll in over McGinley but calm down a bit.

It'll be disappointing if we lose tonight but if we take 14 points every round of matches we will be absolutely fine this season.

It's hysterical to turn this match into some watershed moment.  

13 minutes ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

Listen I'd gaffer tape Grimshaw to a weather balloon and untether faster than you can say 'Jack Robinson' and I've already said tonight that I'd much rather have Carroll in over McGinley but calm down a bit.

It'll be disappointing if we lose tonight but if we take 14 points every round of matches we will be absolutely fine this season.

Perhaps it’s not a watershed moment, but on the back of three straight defeats and three poor performances if we were to lose at home to St.Mirren then that will, rightly or wrongly, crank up the pressure on the manager. 

All hypothetical at the moment of course and if we win then this discussion will be irrelevant.

17 minutes ago, texanwellfan said:

Although KVV was in line to be on the bench there’s another 2 or 3 I’d be dropping before him. 

How kvv gets dropped regularly vs woolery, mcginley, sod , grimmie .

ga frustrates - we seldom play our best players and never play anything than 433 with short corners  etc 

cmon the well 

22 minutes ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

Yep, that would give us 7 more points than at the split last season. 

Bobby Madden the ref, hopefully no favours for his bro in the law (or is that just a rumour) the night, he owes us numerous soft pens after his performances last year. 

Main starts with Tait, Erwin and Dunne on the bench. 

10 minutes ago, MJC_mkII said:

if we were to lose at home to St.Mirren then that will, rightly or wrongly, crank up the pressure on the manager. 

It really won't. He saved us from a downward spiral last season and we're mid table this season after a massive overhaul this summer. You think after a good start 4 losses would "crank up the pressure"? Come on man.

Having said that, it's a shocker of a team in my opinion.

2 minutes ago, GazzyB said:

It really won't. He saved us from a downward spiral last season and we're mid table this season after a massive overhaul this summer. You think after a good start 4 losses would "crank up the pressure"? Come on man.

Having said that, it's a shocker of a team in my opinion.

Yes I do, to an extent at least. With some extent of the support.

As I said, rightly or wrongly, should we lose this on the back of three straight defeats then the reaction from the support will be unpleasant to say the least, I reckon.

However hopefully we get the win and we won’t even be discussing this in a couple of hours time.