Motherwell v St Mirren 27/10/2021

SteelmaninOZ

Seriously worried now Apart from 10mins at start of 2nd half we were woeful.  no idea what the midfields job is they dont defend and they don't attack. Aimlessly umping the ball forward time and time again to zero effect.  And don't get me started on our corners !

We showed a bit of composure at the start of the second half and were in total control,mugabis cunt of a pass just before there first goal was embarrassing but we should have defended it better,grimshaw let his man run off him and did kelly need to be that far out.the penalty was a farce,there player ran into ours as for the retake,aye it's the rules but how often does it get enforced,it'll be interesting the next game madden is involved in that there's a similar incident.we were shite for the most part but it's definitely two points chucked away.

Context is everything when it comes to draws.

And if you are 2-0 up at home with fifteen minutes left and you don’t win then that is two point thrown away.

Never mind whether you think the penalty decision was harsh( I’ve not seen it again so can’t say) or whether the re-take was harsh (again, I’ve not seen it again but reports on here and Twitter suggest that Kelly was off his line when the ball was struck, in which case that would have made it the correct decision), we were in a winning position yet threw it away. 

That, in my view, is totally unacceptable and unprofessional.

24 minutes ago, JSR said:

Tv pictures show Kelly about 2 feet off the line when the kick was taken

Off the line, His hand nearly hit the post when he saved it ffs a total bullshit decision to order a retake plus it was never a pen in the 1st place Sol never moved and the St Mirren player ran into him, Madden is a total bawbag of a referee. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Coatsy said:

If it was not for Kelly we would have lost that comfortably

That’s what I take from the game too. 

We were dreadful for the majority and looked second best, yet we managed to find ourselves in a very winnable position thanks to the one player we have who is capable of making a difference only to throw it away as soon as we were put under any pressure.

As a team we are utterly dismal.

Just now, steelboy said:

He made 1 good save at the end. Apart from that I don't remember any great saves. 

He was shocking at the first. 

No he wasn't, he was left one on one with the entire defence at least 10 yds up the park and staring at the linesman. The left back, who's channel the ball was played into was nowhere to be seen.

1 minute ago, AllyMax said:

No he wasn't, he was left one on one with the entire defence at least 10 yds up the park and staring at the linesman. The left back, who's channel the ball was played into was nowhere to be seen.

I agree with that,if brophy had put it wide then it would have been seen as a decent decision by kelly to come out.his team mates in front of him put him in an impossible position,it was a simple ball played forward into space,mcginley was daydreaming and grimshaw had no awareness as he just let his man run off him.