• Callum Slattery
    • Kaiyne Woolery
    • Connor Shields
    • Tony Watt
    • Jake Carroll
    • Bevis Mugabi
    • Mark O'Hara

1 hour ago, Spiderpig said:

Only 1 contender for me Tony Watt, special mention for Kelly for his saves at the end the rest were brutal.

It is lazy to give it to the goal scorer, but I will.  Kelly had a lot to make up for after going walkabout again.

• Confused 1

Kelly made a few excellent saves, but I felt he was rash for the first goal and didnt need to rush so far off his line. I thought Grimshaw had a much better game in the centre where he could keep it simple. But ultimately, and not for the first time this season, there was only one player on the field for us showing the required touch, quality and endeavour required to be considered MOTM and that was Tony Watt.

• Like 1

Kelly was hung out to dry for the first goal. He doesn’t come out then the guy strolls in. He does come out, narrows the angle but Brophy finishes very well. Meantime Grimshaw (im not one of his regular detractors) is fkn sauntering slowly back not even trying to help and make up for letting the St Mirren player run unchallenged onto the ball. Not even sure where McGinley was

10 hours ago, texanwellfan said:

Kelly was hung out to dry for the first goal. He doesn’t come out then the guy strolls in. He does come out, narrows the angle but Brophy finishes very well. Meantime Grimshaw (im not one of his regular detractors) is fkn sauntering slowly back not even trying to help and make up for letting the St Mirren player run unchallenged onto the ball. Not even sure where McGinley was

I didnt say he shouldnt come out. I said he shouldnt have come out so far. There is a fine line between narrowing the angle and selling yourself.

He did it earlier on in the half when there were more defenders around and it was entirely unecessary. Its obviously just something he has in his game/head (see the penalty v Hearts) .

It was a great finish from Brophy though. 

I think some of the criticism of Kelly has been on the harsh side, while accepting he's not been in his best form.  He did very well last night, good handling on a slippy night, looked confident, saved the penalty and then got us a point with that magnificent save at the end.  However I do think he got it wrong for the 1st goal.

Therefore I have to give it to Tony Watt.  Did the work of 4 or 5 of his team mates, scored, tucked the penalty away.  

9 minutes ago, wellup83 said:

Between Watt and Kelly for me but I think the latter is culpable for the first goal. 

Goalkeepers get held to an unfair standard in comparison to their team mates though, don't they? A striker misses a shot, the fans grumble and the game continues. A goalkeeper makes a split decision and it can affect the entire game.

Kelly gets the MOTM award for me because he not only ensured we won a point at the end with two excellent saves in succession, but legit saved a penalty in my opinion. That should never have been a retake. 

5 hours ago, wellup83 said:

Between Watt and Kelly for me but I think the latter is culpable for the first goal. 

The goal wasn’t Kelly’s fault, the defence let Brophy wander off into space, but Kelly didn’t manage the situation from that point.

1 hour ago, ropy said:

The goal wasn’t Kelly’s fault, the defence let Brophy wander off into space, but Kelly didn’t manage the situation from that point.

I think he was put in a situation that whatever he done he SHOULD have done something different. So I’m letting him off the hook.