Motherwell v Rangers 31/10/2021

SteelmaninOZ

8 hours ago, Yassin said:

I liked the part of the institutional pro-Rangers corruption where they were voted out of the top flight, into the Third Division and Celtic won a quadruple treble.

The vote was whether or not to allow the newco in to the top flight, not to vote anyone out. They then held a vote to get them into the Championship that was rejected and finally bent/ broke the rules to place them in the Third division. Looked pretty corrupt and Pro-Rangers to me.

On 10/30/2021 at 9:27 AM, GrahamH said:

The vote was whether or not to allow the newco in to the top flight, not to vote anyone out. They then held a vote to get them into the Championship that was rejected and finally bent/ broke the rules to place them in the Third division. Looked pretty corrupt and Pro-Rangers to me.

Absolutely. And given they were allowed to continue with their "still same club" patter then Sevco should have been forced to settle all Rangers' debt. Given there were no doubt clubs ahead of them in the wait to be granted Scottish Football League status even being fast tracked in to the then third division was preferential treatment. Scottish society missed an opportunity to wipe out one of our biggest poisons when this all happened. But that's all in the past now. 

That aside draw would be good today for us to kick on. The rut at the moment hasn't been impressive given a strong start to the season. We cannot afford to be as lacklustre in midfield today as we have been or that lot will express right through. Happy to park the bus today to an extent and hit them on the break if the opportunity ever arises. That approach kept Accies in the top flight for long enough after all. Although under Alexander it has been clear that we aren't playing a possession game - stats clearly show that - but today we cannot allow them to have 75,80 percent of the ball. 

Ok back to the game and I’m far from confident. I would prefer to see Carroll back simply because I think he offers more going forward but other than that it’s really down to our mindset on the day, we seem to surrender against the old firm before the game even kicks off and I’m worried that’s going to happen yet again. We’re on a poor run playing poor football, giving the opposition the bulk of possession which won’t change today with maybe 75% being Rangers and on top of that we never beat them which suggests this is only going one way. I’m never one for the whole referees give the old firm everything simply because they are just as awful when we play everyone else, I don’t really see any difference when it’s Rangers or Celtic. Given the standard up here I will be happy to see var introduced simply to laugh at how many terrible decisions get over turned. It really will highlight just how poor the standard of refs are. I fear a defeat by 3 or 4 goals today.

I think Alexander has lost the plot (happy to eat my words if required at 1.50 pm). I think the sign of a shit manager is one who tries to shoehorn players into his formation and style rather than try to find the most effective formation that plays to the strengths of his available players.

24 minutes ago, Kmac said:

From the lineup, I’m assuming 3 things. 1)Alexander is watching a different Goss than the one I am every week  2) Van Veen is injured 3) Mcginley has something on the Alexander. 

Bizarre . 

Goss has started 3 times this season or to put it any other way he's been in the team since the 16th October.

Maybe we need to give the guy a chance.

3 minutes ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

Goss has started 3 times this season or to put it any other way he's been in the team since the 16th October.

Maybe we need to give the guy a chance.

A couple of crosses like the one he put in for the first goal on Wednesday would certainly get the fans on board.

• Like 1