Motherwell v Rangers 31/10/2021

SteelmaninOZ

1 minute ago, Yorkyred said:

He’s obviously now going to come under pressure after a promising start as manager, however we had this under Robinson and he was given time. Alexander’s going to get the same opportunity this season unless we hit bottom two which we won’t. Any talk of him leaving is pointless because it’s not going to happen.

Tell me why we wont hit rock bottom from what I've been watching we have been outplayed by every team in the league this season.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Yorkyred said:

He’s obviously now going to come under pressure after a promising start as manager, however we had this under Robinson and he was given time. Alexander’s going to get the same opportunity this season unless we hit bottom two which we won’t. Any talk of him leaving is pointless because it’s not going to happen.

We wont hit bottom two, how you can say that watching the utter dross we watch every week is beyond me. Theres an excellent chance we will lose our next two games and that would be one point out of 21. That pretty close to bottom two form.

I'm afraid that this result is down to the manager, pure and simple. Our weaknesses today have been discussed ad nauseum for months on this board. Nothing new except the opposition showed clinical finshing up front, which others haven't.   I don't mind us playing boring football as long as its effective but our brand isn't. Graham Alexander is fast losing the backing of the fans and thats never a good sign.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, FirParkCornerExile said:

We wont hit bottom two, how you can say that watching the utter dross we watch every week is beyond me. Theres an excellent chance we will lose our next two games and that would be one point out of 21. That pretty close to bottom two form.

Time will tell but I believe we have more than enough quality to finish mid table. It’s Alexander’s job to get the best out of those players.

Hopefully our media team have a Halloween party to go to, radio silence would be best I think.

We are totally one dimensional tactically, and our inability to adjust to situations in the game is going to kill us. We have enough in the squad to eke out points here and there, but I feel we should be doing a whole lot better with who we have.

O'Donnell deciding he didn't want to play the last 20 minutes hung us out to dry, and Rangers took the opportunity to boost their goal difference, when other teams may have coasted

We panicked on the ball the rare times we had it, and we looked like we were more concerned with standing in nice neat lines as opposed to doing anything useful.

O'Hara made a forward pass, so he beat grimshaw there, but he also just stood and watched folk run by him multiple times. Goss and Slattery were wasteful when they had the ball, and our full backs were left horribly exposed. The system only works if they are an attacking threat.

Overall, you don't expect much against rangers, but to throw away a lead like that then completely chuck it at the end is piss poor.

3 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

I'm afraid that this result is down to the manager, pure and simple. Our weaknesses today have been discussed ad nauseum for months on this board. Nothing new except the opposition showed clinical finshing up front, which others haven't.   I don't mind us playing boring football as long as its effective but our brand isn't. Graham Alexander is fast losing the backing of the fans and thats never a good sign.

I really couldn't believe it when I seen he was going 433 again today,alexander seems the type that he's not learning from previous games,to be doing the same every week is just madness.

Just now, SteelmaninOZ said:

What no tv in the bedroom Tex?

Lol got to go the front room to watch the stream. I forgot UK changed clocks and actually woke up and seen we were 1 up after 30 mins.  Even then I just rolled over and went back to sleep. Knew it wouldn’t last. It’s a sad day when I don’t even bother to watch. You could probably put me in the happy clapper category but how the manager can watch this stuff week in week out and think we are fine is terrible. As long as he thinks it’s fine he’s not going to change it. 

2 minutes ago, Yorkyred said:

Time will tell but I believe we have more than enough quality to finish mid table. It’s Alexander’s job to get the best out of those players.

Alexander is dropping his players in it before a ball is even kicked,his tactics and choice of formation are doing us no favours.

• Like 1