Motherwell v Rangers 31/10/2021

SteelmaninOZ

51 minutes ago, ZT_1886 said:

I’m still trying to get my head around who exactly is at fault for the second goal yesterday.

You can see McGinley taking a look behind him and seeing the space Aribo is running into so he panics and doesn’t commit to closing down the ball, allowing the cross to come in, so is it his fault?

On the other hand, if McGinley commits then Tavernier passes the ball to Aribo in a very dangerous position, which up until the goal, was where Rangers best chance came from. Neither Slattery or Goss are anywhere near close enough to Aribo. Does that make it their fault or should Sol come across to take Aribo instead?

Should Kelly save it? It’s a good cross and he heads it away from where Kelly is moving but it’s in the middle of the goal.

Big Bevis getting caught under the ball is the biggest problem for that goal 

Big Bevis getting caught under the ball is the biggest problem for that goal 

I think it was inevitable that Mugabi was going to miss a header when crosses were coming into the box every 5 seconds, maybe S.O.D can get closer to Sakala and put a little pressure on him. No one really came out of the goals looking good.

However I still think the main error was between McGinley and Goss not closing down the ball. If you’re going to allow a player with the quality of Tavernier all the time in the world to hit a cross then he’s eventually going to get it right.

Anybody else see  a penalty in the first half that GA is claiming we should have had and a chance to go two up .

I’ve not seen it back and was equally bewildered when I heard him say it.

I’ve seen a few say it was from Watt’s chance, apparently a tackle on Roberts after he played the ball across.

GA saying it was hand ball by Balogun 

Apologies, was remembering what I read yesterday wrong, Roberts wasn’t tackled, it was his cross hitting Balogun that was supposedly a handball. Yet to find someone other than GA who thought it hit his hand instead of his thigh.

Were struggling the now and confidence must be getting really low,there's no way alexander can go away from home for this game and persist with a formation which is ultimately our biggest problem right now.i thought he would have changed it for sunday but never so I've no idea what to expect here,stick with 433 and lose and he's only making a rod for his own back.