Alexander.

postiejim

36 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

I got a bit of stick for criticising KVV for cheap bookings as they could come back to haunt us . Well GA proof of this as a 2 match ban for foolishly having rant about Donnelly red card which was a stick on decision.  We now have him in stand  for tomorrow for a massive game COYW

There's a school of thought, which I tend to agree with, that managers get a much better view of the game from the stand than they do from the touchline and can be more effective from there. I'm not sure it has that much of an impact overall.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, weeyin said:

There's a school of thought, which I tend to agree with, that managers get a much better view of the game from the stand than they do from the touchline and can be more effective from there. I'm not sure it has that much of an impact overall.

Rugby Union could teach fitba a few things.

Refs miked up for TV viewers, video ref that actually works. Oh and coaches as far away from the pitch as possible.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

It was absolutely brutal. We don't have great players but Alexander’s non-footballing tactics aren't doing them any favours.

He needs to be shown the door and pretty quick. Tonight preferably.

We cannot possibly countenance allowing him to take us into another season.

I was never fully convinced by GA but gave him the benefit of the doubt, we never played all that well up to the winter break but we're sitting 4th after grinding out results, and looking like having a good season.

Now in March with 1 win in 11 games it looks to me like GA has lost the dressing room, we are in freefall, and it's only because teams 4 to 12 in the league are feckin brutal that bizarrely we can still finish top 6 and a shot at Europe it's madness.

Something needs to change as we are showing no signs of improving,  I can't see GA going before the end of the season but I would get someone else in for next season as what we are watching now is brutal in the extreme.

I dont usually or ever call for heads but get him to fuck! I think he has brought in a decent squad of players but he doesnt set them up to play football.

Blah blah, keep it tight, cut out the mistakes....

How about actually try and play some football rather than relying on knockdowns from longballs which might yield us 3 shots on target all game.

Enough is enough, bin him now and either make a quick appointment or let Las see out the season. Surely 1 win is all we need anyway....

Those saying to get someone else in the summer or to get Lasley to see out the season  seem to be under the impression there's no threat of relegation out there. Can see us losing pretty much every game from now til the end of the season. Could St Johnstone win three games? They'll have one against us so that's a gimme. Two wins they need out of the other seven games...

Real danger of us going down this season...

1 minute ago, MelvinBragg said:

Those saying to get someone else in the summer or to get Lasley to see out the season  seem to be under the impression there's no threat of relegation out there. Can see us losing pretty much every game from now til the end of the season. Could St Johnstone win three games? They'll have one against us so that's a gimme. Two wins they need out of the other seven games...

I agree just can't see where our next win is coming from unless there is a complete change in style of play. Sad to say i predicted this before the Ross County game. all the teams at the bottom are fighting for their life we are deluded that we are chasing the top 6 we should be trying to avoid that 11th spot

10 minutes ago, MelvinBragg said:

All the more reason to get him out now while we still have breathing room

He seems a decent honest bloke but as a manager of our club then not for me . The football is so so bad . 
The fear for me is if he stays then next season we would probably be one of the favourites to go down . 
Also the negativity and lack of football will have an impact on ST for next season . 
Surely we’ve got to seriously look at this situation.

Give Las the job and allow him to bring in his own men till end of the season . 
As fans were surely entitled to watch a better standard of football than this irrespective of whether we win loose or draw.It’s a truly awful watch 

I think the reaction to today's defeat and GA's position is a bit OTT. I visited the normally rarified and exclusive P & B site this afternoon for the first time in a while and was shocked to see posters there in complete meltdown.  Today's game was always going to be difficult and a loss was always the most likely outcome. Given that GA has just signed a new 3 year deal I can't see him going anywhere soon. Apart from that, changing managers with 7 games to go would be risky not to say very difficult.  Any suggestion that Keith Lasley should take over is way off beam given his last game in charge of us.

Keep the heid folks, I'm confident we can scrape together 2 or 3 points between now and the season's end to keep us at least 10th.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

I think the reaction to today's defeat and GA's position is a bit OTT. I visited the normally rarified and exclusive P & B site this afternoon for the first time in a while and was shocked to see posters there in complete meltdown.  Today's game was always going to be difficult and a loss was always the most likely outcome. Given that GA has just signed a new 3 year deal I can't see him going anywhere soon. Apart from that, changing managers with 7 games to go would be risky not to say very difficult.  Any suggestion that Keith Lasley should take over is way off beam given his last game in charge of us.

Keep the heid folks, I'm confident we can scrape together 2 or 3 points between now and the season's end to keep us at least 10th.

Always enjoy reading your posts pal, always well balanced.  But I don't think fans being OTT. If there were positive signs then I would be upbeat but GA hasn't a clue.  Example being woolety who finally had discovered form and was then dropped. His decision making is bizarre  but all about opinions which is always a good thing

I don't think there is any chance whatsoever we'll be relegated, but I also think it is 100% time for Alexander to go. The football is dreadful to watch, the exclusion of Slattery and Woolery of late is inexplicable, and our form has been hideous.

I bought into his winning mentality and the positive things he was doing, but the fact of the matter is we should be out of sight in 4th place right now and instead we are going to try and scrape into the top six.

Time to go.

I don’t think we will be relegated this season, purely because I don’t see St.Johnstone or Dundee being able to sustain the kind of run to overhaul us. But I do think it’s going to be a lot more uncomfortable than many of us thought even four weeks ago.

Whatever happens though, Graham Alexander absolutely cannot be allowed to take us into a new season, new contract or not. If he doesn’t walk away of his own accord and our wretched form and performances continue then the support will start to split between those who will vote with their feet and just don’t come to games and those who will become vocal in their calls for him to go. In fairness to the club, whenever we’ve reached that stage in the past, with Malpas, Baraclough and McGhee second time around and supporters were calling for the managers head they have acted pretty swiftly and made the change. We’re not quite at that stage yet with GA, but it’s not far off imo.

9 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

I don't think it is necessarily the survival aspect that most have issue with, albeit it is priority.

I personally don't think we will end up anywhere near being at risk for this season.

But what for next year?

We've signed players this year on longer term contracts with a view to trying to get away from our normal 6, 12 month short term deals.

Slattery and Tierney for two, who look more than capable for our level / league and they're no longer getting a look in.

Who's going to want to come to us this summer to play under him, with promises of a platform to build your career, only to watch the ball being blootered 40 feet over your head, then you're inexplicably dropped to to the bench for 3 months.

He's had plenty money to spend, more than any manager in recent times.

There's no excuse for us to be in the predicament we are in.

As others have said, he doesn't even know his best team / formation 15 months after bring here.

It's an utter shambles!

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

Isn't the messiah but could do a lot worse than Jack Ross. Got raw deal at hibs in my opinion  and could get knee jerk reaction.  Something not right with that dressing room but that is just my own personal view

Agree, you just need to look at the players faces during a game when they're looking over at the dugout, thinking "whit the fuck are ye daein".

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1