Alexander.

postiejim

27 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

Isn't the messiah but could do a lot worse than Jack Ross. Got raw deal at hibs in my opinion  and could get knee jerk reaction.  Something not right with that dressing room but that is just my own personal view

100% Jack Ross. His teams play good attractive football and I think he’s been harshly treated at a couple of clubs. 
unfortunately I don’t see GA being sacked or walking away.

we have decent players in this squad which is the frustrating thing…. They all look lost and devoid of  any idea of what they are meant to be doing. 

• Thanks 1

As a few others above I don’t believe for a minute we will be in danger of going down this season. However what I personally want to see is from this point onwards Alexander showing he actually has a plan moving forward. It’s difficult at the moment to how what he’s trying to develop at the club, a style and formation we can build on. Simply cutting out midfield and pumping balls forward then defending one goal leads with 20 minutes to go is not a plan, it’s desperation football simply aimed at trying to pick up points whatever the cost in the hope we stay up. I can’t see how that’s sustainable moving forward and is certainly not going to attract better players to the club or retain those with any level of technical ability. He also seems to be actively sidelining some of our more accomplished players at times which I find quite baffling. You never know what’s going on behind the scenes but it all feels a bit strange to me since the turn of the year.

12 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

After today I have made my feelings clear but for those wanting  GA to stay it eoikd be good to hear your reasons why we stick with him.  This forum is good when we can all give our opinions without going OTT. ....still better than my jokes!! Lol...COYW

In an ideal world, I think GA should go, but we're not in ideal world. He's just been awarded a new 3 year deal (why?) and I doubt if the club will fire him. FWIW I agree with all the criticisms of him (team selections, tactics, communication etc) but to sack him at this point? If we were going to do it should have been done weeks ago.  Ok, the international break is coming up but could we source a new man in time? Would it be a panic appointment? This season has been weird and clearly something has gone badly wrong but like most I haven't a clue what it is. I thought, a few weeks ago, given our disastrous run, that top 6 was probably beyond us and that 7th spot would be a decent finish but we weren't clear of relegation and thats still my view. Looking at our remaining 7 games they are all very difficult and, on current form, we'll do well to pick up more than about 4/5 points.

At the end of the season big decisions need to be taken.

• Like 1

Simple question: can we afford to sack him?

And another: who would relish trying to manage this squad in a freefall/relegation situation over seven games?

How many people really thought any other result was likely today, given the current "form"? The last minute sickener was exactly what I expected.

Under Alexander, we are devoid of ideas, structure, imagination and I suspect the players have just about downed tools. Anyone showing an ounce of creativity is excluded from the team. Example: Woolery (not my favourite player by any means) came on to a bit of  form during and after the Ibrox game and then got dropped for no apparent reason.

And now a vital game against an ex-manager  and several  ex-players looms, with all the feeling of   inevitability such a situation suggests.

Hibs under Butcher is not the only example of a complacent club who thought they could not go down: Dundee in the early 2000s narrowly missed a top six spot when John Sutton played for them and went down on the last day of the season.

In England it's often thought the international break can be a dangerous time for an under-performing manager. I doubt Burrows and Co. will actually  wield the axe but I dread to think what the reaction will be if Saint Mirren beat us at home on the second of April.

My thoughts are he's not the man for long term - there's a need to entertain and he's happy just to have people who work hard, huff and puff. We need hard workers but we also need some players who have skill /guile. 

Slattery, Goss. Shaw, Tierney all offer something more than we have but no where near starting.  Watt seemed very happy at Well but can see the style of the manager not working for him. Slattery must have said/done something behind the scenes to be dropped like a stone.  There's a fine line between arrogance and ignorance and for me GA falls on the wrong side.

GA has been allowed to spend, we have a huge squad and must have a much bigger budget than previous mgrs.   

In short I've heard and seen enough to be happy to thank him for 1 1/2 years and let him move on to something new come the end of the season.   I'd much prefer we bring in someone with a long term vision and plan who wants to give fans something to get excited about. 

There may or not be anything in alexander's contract should we need to sack him but would the club really have gave him a long term deal knowing there's always the chance we might need to sack him and end up costing us a rather large sum of money.i think the folk running the club will have a decision to make before the season is out as it'll be quite easy for a few not to renew season tickets now that the cost of everything else is going up,if we have the prospect of another season and alexanders anti football tactics.

1 minute ago, Great Balls of Shire said:

this isn't meant to be funny but I would like ga to give us his philosophy on football, I e what does he say to players pre match . You used to get that from Robbo, about winning second balls etc.

I just don't see that from ga, he surely doesn't say , knock it long and see what happens. 

Many complain that we don't have a Plan B  but do we even have  a Plan A?

1 minute ago, Kmcalpin said:

Exactly we really don't even have a plan A,we have no style of play or even do things that are remotely effective.our set pieces are a big give away,every free kick,corner and long ball are just lumped into the box,it's total hit and hope stuff.i don't expect to watch us play silky football every week and scoring 3 and 4 goals but it's actually pretty embarrassing for a manager at a professional football club that sets there team out with the sole intention of playing nothing but long ball football.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

At the moment I’m not seeing a plan at all, there appears to be little logic to the line ups or style of play, it’s just pretty desperate football that I can’t see going anywhere. I can accept poor results if I can see where it’s going, a steady improvement with strengthening as we go. I also accept we will always lose our better players but even then we should have a style  of play that we stick to, something the players understand.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, mfc said:

Exactly we really don't even have a plan A,we have no style of play or even do things that are remotely effective.our set pieces are a big give away,every free kick,corner and long ball are just lumped into the box,it's total hit and hope stuff.i don't expect to watch us play silky football every week and scoring 3 and 4 goals but it's actually pretty embarrassing for a manager at a professional football club that sets there team out with the sole intention of playing nothing but long ball football.

Very sadly, as it stands at the moment I have to agree.

9 minutes ago, Yorkyred said:

At the moment I’m not seeing a plan at all, there appears to be little logic to the line ups or style of play, it’s just pretty desperate football that I can’t see going anywhere. I can accept poor results if I can see where it’s going, a steady improvement with strengthening as we go. I also accept we will always lose our better players but even then we should have a style  of play that we stick to, something the players understand.

Good post. I don't actually mind long ball football as long as its effective and you have players to execute it. But it isn't and we don't. 

12 minutes ago, MJC_mkII said:

Did he actually say that “we have had some good draws”? :lol:

That's exactly what he said.  As I said in a previous post, he just says the same rubbish in every interview after the game. He really is clueless. He is just another in a long list of failed managers who never looks at the lower Scottish divisions but is happy to sign crap players from crap English clubs. 

12 minutes ago, ppower said:

That's exactly what he said.  As I said in a previous post, he just says the same rubbish in every interview after the game. He really is clueless. He is just another in a long list of failed managers who never looks at the lower Scottish divisions but is happy to sign crap players from crap English clubs. 

To be fair, he did sign Shields...whichever way that supports or detracts from your argument...;):D

This is as bad a football side as you'll see and it isn't down to the players all being poor.  Long throws and long balls are our tactics and it is eye bleeding stuff.  

We jest that it is selection bingo every week, but the longer this atrocious run continues the worse that disruption to the XI looks.  Everything is screaming a coach who is completely out of ideas and a playing squad uttery devoid of confidence.  The two goals we conceded today were beyond shite.

The worst of it being, when we took the lead through a fine solo effort from KVV, it looked a shoe-in that we could take a few off a really poor St Johnstone side.  They were all over the place at back for 90 minutes.  Any decent side in the league would have given them a doing today.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, ppower said:

Shields is the worst signing of the lot - a truly dreadful footballer. That’s why we don’t often sign from the Scottish lower leagues. There’s barely a footballer in those leagues

1 hour ago, Happy Dosser said:

Simple question: can we afford to sack him?

Can  we afford not to sack him?

No matter how much it may cost to buy him out of his contract, it could be the most economic option for the club because the financial cost of relegation either this season or next would mean a massive loss of revenue.

Who is our best eleven:

Kelly

O’Donnell,  Sondre, Lamie, McGinlay 

Ohara, Slattery, Cornelius, Woollery

Tierney

Van Veen

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Stevie73 said:

Who is our best eleven:

Kelly

O’Donnell,  Sondre, Lamie, McGinlay 

Ohara, Slattery, Cornelius, Woollery

Tierney

Van Veen

Not far away - I would have Mugabi for O'Donnell & that be fine for me. Lot's of endeavor, 2 youths to prime. I like it. Stevie73 get him on a 3year deal.