Alexander.

postiejim

3 minutes ago, Great Balls of Shire said:

donnelky isn't the worst by a long way, who is actually doing themselves justice in that midfield?

I think that was more a comment on Alexanders philosophy than a dig at Donnelly himself.  There's a lot of a head down, arse up and I feel for them to a degree.

My most annoying thing about today, is Alexanders comment of "I knew it would be scrappy" that's because we make every game that way with no intention to pass the ball.

According to the commentator today he’s played every minute in the last 6 or 7 games which when we are chasing an equaliser, or a winner if we are fortunate, then he’d be  one of the midfielders I’d be sacrificing for a more attacking player. 

I’d seriously consider him as a defensive option either at centre half or right back as we are toiling in both positions right now. Get slattery back in midfield.

8 minutes ago, Great Balls of Shire said:

donnelky isn't the worst by a long way, who is actually doing themselves justice in that midfield?

We’ve got a young 18 year old out on loan at QoS at present - Max Johnston.  He’s been getting really good reviews recently, so much so that both Sheffield Utd and Luton Town have both had him watched regularly this season.

Also, we signed 22 year old Daragh O’Connor in July 2021 and loaned him out to QoS in January.

Wtf is the point of our bringing in these young players then not giving them game time?

6 minutes ago, El Grew said:

We’ve got a young 18 year old out on loan at QoS at present - Max Johnston.  He’s been getting really good reviews recently, so much so that both Sheffield Utd and Luton Town have both had him watched regularly this season.

Also, we signed 22 year old Daragh O’Connor in July 2021 and loaned him out to QoS in January.

Wtf is the point of our bringing in these young players then not giving them game time?

Us giving youth a chance? Not any more by the look of things. Let's sign dross hoping they will be another moult or kipre.  I have been beating academy drum for years but club more interested now in social media....again...just my opinion

19 minutes ago, El Grew said:

To be honest the best thing was to loan out johnston as he was never going to play regularly for us this season and as you say he's been performing to a level where other clubs are noticing him,that will only benefit us if we were to sell him in the summer or have him in the first team next season,either way it's a win win.oconnor was needing games after coming back from a fairly lengthy injury,he did ok enough in the league cup games but I'm not sure we will see much more of him with us.

3 hours ago, wellsince75 said:

My thoughts are he's not the man for long term - there's a need to entertain and he's happy just to have people who work hard, huff and puff. We need hard workers but we also need some players who have skill /guile. 

Slattery, Goss. Shaw, Tierney all offer something more than we have but no where near starting.  Watt seemed very happy at Well but can see the style of the manager not working for him. Slattery must have said/done something behind the scenes to be dropped like a stone.  There's a fine line between arrogance and ignorance and for me GA falls on the wrong side.

GA has been allowed to spend, we have a huge squad and must have a much bigger budget than previous mgrs.   

In short I've heard and seen enough to be happy to thank him for 1 1/2 years and let him move on to something new come the end of the season.   I'd much prefer we bring in someone with a long term vision and plan who wants to give fans something to get excited about. 

Slattery done something behind the scenes to be dropped like a stone.

He did. To what lengths that this is known/punished for I do not know. The fact he's on the bench seems like it's not dead in the water.

If he is still in charge come st mirren game ( which I expect he will be) then he needs a performance big time because anything less in front of a very hostile home support that have had enough must surely be the end for him.  Yes will cost money bur just made a £3 million profit and to be honest club will lose more money keeping him on as I expect season ticket sales to drop. Cash is tight for all of us and prospect to pay over £300 minimum for season ticket to watch that style really is a tough call.  Yes some may disagree but as a fan going to games for 45 years then I feel I am entitled to my own view..COYW 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

If he is still in charge come st mirren game ( which I expect he will be) then he needs a performance big time because anything less in front of a very hostile home support that have had enough must surely be the end for him.  Yes will cost money bur just made a £3 million profit and to be honest club will lose more money keeping him on as I expect season ticket sales to drop. Cash is tight for all of us and prospect to pay over £300 minimum for season ticket to watch that style really is a tough call.  Yes some may disagree but as a fan going to games for 45 years then I feel I am entitled to my own view..COYW 

No shit joke to end on, Christ, things are worse than we feared!?! 

Had a season ticket every year since 1979-1980, I can honestly say that if he is in charge next year I will not be renewing my or my two sons season tickets. I can’t invest in a situation when it’s clear that the person in charge is out of his depth and can’t be trusted with any future decisions. 

• Like 1

I really hope someone from club is reading these comments, I go with both my kids, gave up a golf membership as want to get my gang into watching Motherwell, but it’s hard to convince kids who want to leave at half time, we know we are not a top four or five side but all we are looking for is effort and commitment, every side we have played this season looked better than us, even the games we won, anyone who disagrees hasn’t been to many games, probably the Aberdeen, Hearts and Utd at home we’re only pass marks, things need to change, COYW.

It would be hard to give up my season ticket and for as bad as we are right now,I know I'll renew for next season.there have been times this season where it's felt like going to the game has become a bit of a chore as you know what your in for before a ball is kicked,mind numbing boredom for 90 minutes.like I said earlier in this thread I don't expect silky football every game but a wee bit of entertainment now and again would be a start.i get why some would consider giving up there season tickets as we pay a lot of money to follow the team over the course of the season and right now we're watching a manager that doesnt have a clue what he's doing and rightly so that he's getting it in the neck but there's a lot of players that should be ashamed of themselves for there performances of late.at the end of the day there paid professionals earning more in a week than most fans do in a month,watching a team be able to look interested and find each other with passes shouldn't be an issue for fans.

1 hour ago, wunderwell said:

Slattery done something behind the scenes to be dropped like a stone.

He did. To what lengths that this is known/punished for I do not know. The fact he's on the bench seems like it's not dead in the water.

Heard he told GA his tactics were shite (or words to that effect)

That rumour has being going for a while and could be bollocks. However, whether the player is right or wrong, what do you expect a manager to do if a player undermines him? In this case I don't think it's any more than what the manager said publically.

Alexander said that Slattery needed to improve his fitness/discipline, and that he had to be managed due to this being his first season of first team football. I believe GA is telling the truth there, although I don't agree that we need to limit the minutes of a 23 year old, who is at an age where he needs to be learning by playing games.

The same goes for all the body language analysis that has begun now that we're getting shite results. There seems to be enough team spirit there, and we're not chucking games. I'm not seeing a lack of effort out there either.

I don't think our situation is any more complex than our manager not being that good.

Also, if our board read this forum regularly we'd be firing managers left right and center and ripping up player contracts every week. The fact is online fandom is a small percentage of our fan base, and often hits the extremes with bubbles for each. The attendance for the next game will tell the story if there is one.

Interesting to see so many Hibs fans saying they want shot of Maloney already, giving the same reasons most of us on here have for wanting Alexander out: weird team selections, no tactics, talking pish in every interview, and a collapse in form similar to ours - one league win since Boxing Day.

Don't know whether that tells you be careful what you wish for, or just don't appoint shit managers.

Must be great being a football manager.

You serve up any kinda sustained level beyond mediocrity and you're generally lauded and get renewed contracts, whilst knowing the inevitable downturn isn't all that far away, which will ultimately end in the sack, seeing yet more 000's being thrust into the pension pot.

At every level too.

Mourinho has done fuck all for ten year, but every sacking coins in millions, the guy's not giving a fuck, he's like Scrooge McDuck, swimming pool filled with money, earned from failure after failure.

I'm guessing the Wagu fillets must've been out the night that "the manager formally known as Grezza", went home and told the misses about that new deal...!! 

48 minutes ago, bobbybingo said:

Interesting to see so many Hibs fans saying they want shot of Maloney already, giving the same reasons most of us on here have for wanting Alexander out: weird team selections, no tactics, talking pish in every interview, and a collapse in form similar to ours - one league win since Boxing Day.

It won’t be the first time Hibs have f*cked up with their managerial selection.  Prior to being made Hibs manager Sean Maloney had zero experience of being a club manager. Yes, he was assistant coach to Roberto Martinez but there’s a world of difference from being an assistant coach to becoming the manager outright, as we witnessed when Malpas succeeded Butcher.

You never know what goes on in a dressing room, there are players that cause problems and managers deal with them in different ways. One of the most over used phrases has always been “ the manager has lost the dressing room” it’s trotted out just about every time a team goes on a bad run and it’s generally based on no actually evidence. I would love Alexander to come out and say “Slattery has upset me”, but it’s never going to happen. However on a purely football level we’ve lost a full midfield and no one has a clue why. Given the results it’s totally baffling how Slattery, Goss, Tierney, and Shaw can’t get a run in the team. We’re not short of dedicated midfielders.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Yorkyred said:

You never know what goes on in a dressing room, there are players that cause problems and managers deal with them in different ways. One of the most over used phrases has always been “ the manager has lost the dressing room” it’s trotted out just about every time a team goes on a bad run and it’s generally based on no actually evidence. I would love Alexander to come out and say “Slattery has upset me”, but it’s never going to happen. However on a purely football level we’ve lost a full midfield and no one has a clue why. Given the results it’s totally baffling how Slattery, Goss, Tierney, and Shaw can’t get a run in the team. We’re not short of dedicated midfielders.

Very true. A few fans Saturday afternoon favourites in the past have been disruptive influences in the dressing room.