Alexander.

postiejim

44 minutes ago, Stuwell2 said:

David, Agree that Burrow will be in contact with him but I’m not sure about the rest of the board. 
as I said I’d expect a review at the end of the season - and fully expect him still to be here next - but if his answers don’t come up to scratch, I’d also expect the board to move if they don’t have confidence in him rather than wait. That’s what they’re there for. 

May be way of the mark here but I would imagine the manager, whoever he is would be present at least 1 board meeting a month during the season .

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

Just my own view, when you see him in front of camera he doesn't come across as inspiring.  Maybe a different person away from the camera.   

I think you're right. He comes across as uninspiring and lack lustre in interviews, but believe me he can get quite animated during games and can shout and roar with the best of them (I sit not far from the "dugouts").

• Like 1

Did our slump also coincide with loosing McGuire to long term injury? Not everyone’s cup of tea but I thought he was coming along nicely. Looked much stronger and fitter and was one of the players who would at least try to play football. I think he will help if he can recover fully from his injury

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, texanwellfan said:

Did our slump also coincide with loosing McGuire to long term injury? Not everyone’s cup of tea but I thought he was coming along nicely. Looked much stronger and fitter and was one of the players who would at least try to play football. I think he will help if he can recover fully from his injury

Our slump coincided with our top striker and one of our best players deciding to piss off to a rival club. I think that was a pretty big part of the reason for our slide post-Christmas.

• Like 2

So plenty people on here think GA has hit all his targets for the season so I take it one of his goals was never to entertain the FP fans and for that alone he should be sacked . The board should also take a good look at themselves they have sat and watched the rubbish and up till now have done nothing about , maybe they should go to 

We are not alone in being shite this season. Out with Hearts and maybe Ross County, every team in the SPL has been shocking, the level of football on show is terrible and really negative.

Has there ever been a season where you could be on 40 points and still be in with a chance of Europe? 

As for Alexander, I’m not sure he has any clue what he is doing. I switched on Hesgoal and he had Bevis up front and then brought on Donelly. Absolute nonsense, panic station shite.

4 minutes ago, Yodo said:

So plenty people on here think GA has hit all his targets for the season so I take it one of his goals was never to entertain the FP fans and for that alone he should be sacked . The board should also take a good look at themselves they have sat and watched the rubbish and up till now have done nothing about , maybe they should go to 

I guess none of us know what target he was set but I would be surprised if it was to finish higher than top six. I would doubt the level of entertainment was part of that target. Can’t see  any justification to call for the board to go.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Yorkyred said:

I guess none of us know what target he was set but I would be surprised if it was to finish higher than top six. I would doubt the level of entertainment was part of that target. Can’t see  any justification to call for the board to go.

Cmon the fact they have backed him right up till now and sat through what we all have witnessed tells a story . Maybe a bit of pressure on the board might turn the light on in the boardroom 

5 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

Lose next week and he has to go. We can't afford to give him a transfer window to make things worse.  Apologies to GA fans but that is my opinion. Worst manager since Malpas and has put me off telling any jokes on the forum......ah well......every cloud.  Lol

That's my biggest fear giving him the summer transfer window,if he just adds more shite to what we already have,then there is no doubt we will be in real trouble next season.were a shambles throughout the team and anything other than bringing in players that will actually improve us will be a disaster waiting to happen.

There are not many Well fans that are supporting this guy and his style of football, I know we are not world beaters but we are a middle of the league team that in previous years punched above our weight resulting in higher expectations from fans.

But their is an issue within the dressing room of our club that needs addressed, this guy can’t continue his style of it’s my ball and I decide how we play or else mentality.

Another transfer window for this guy will almost surely relegate us, sort it now.

15 minutes ago, bobbybingo said:
The board may feel getting us into the top 6 has earned Alexander the chance to improve the squad in the summer, but does anyone on here really believe he can be trusted to do that, given he doesn't seem to have a problem with this current mob?

He wouldn’t have survived St Johnstone if it wasn’t for the board giving him a new deal in January.
A deal which seemed merited at the time but has backfired horrifically.

Their hands are now tied.

A 3yr contract extension was bonkers at the time.  The board have huge decision to make.  Some will say we can't afford to pay him off but jeez we just made a £3,000,000 profit. Also , what is cheaper...1) paying him off    or 2) the cost of losing say 500 season ticket holders or more.   With the bad jokes added in I try to be upbeat but I am so scunnered with Akexander and the board.  I have followed well since a 5yr old in the 70's and seen various poor teams but this is as bad as I have felt.  But as I always say its all about opinions. There are Alexander fans and I totally respect that.  But for me he has to go. And again if somehow he miraculously starts changing tactics and signing decent players I will be first to apologise....COYW

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, ZT_1886 said:

Their hands are now tied.

If they've lumbered us with a manager we can't afford to get rid of - no matter what - their hands should be cuffed, not tied. But I don't believe that can actually be the case.

To casual observers, Alexander getting us into the top 6 makes it look like they've absolutely no decision to make, but anyone watching this stuff, week in/week out, knows that shouldn't be the case. I'm sure it's already been decided, though.

30 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

A 3yr contract extension was bonkers at the time.  The board have huge decision to make.  Some will say we can't afford to pay him off but jeez we just made a £3,000,000 profit. Also , what is cheaper...1) paying him off    or 2) the cost of losing say 500 season ticket holders or more.   With the bad jokes added in I try to be upbeat but I am so scunnered with Akexander and the board.  I have followed well since a 5yr old in the 70's and seen various poor teams but this is as bad as I have felt.  But as I always say its all about opinions. There are Alexander fans and I totally respect that.  But for me he has to go. And again if somehow he miraculously starts changing tactics and signing decent players I will be first to apologise....COYW

I don't believe for a second we won't be able to afford to sack him,there's no way the club would have got themselves into a position where there stuck with a manager and can't afford to change it.

If they've lumbered us with a manager we can't afford to get rid of - no matter what - their hands should be cuffed, not tied. But I don't believe that can actually be the case.
To casual observers, Alexander getting us into the top 6 makes it look like they've absolutely no decision to make, but anyone watching this stuff, week in/week out, knows that shouldn't be the case. I'm sure it's already been decided, though.

It’s not that I think we can’t sack him because of the extension but it definitely plays a part in the process.

I seriously hope that they’re meeting with him tomorrow and offering a win or bust scenario for next week.
  • Like 1

Win or bust? I find the talk of sacking Alexander ridiculous. This season has seen all but 3 teams, Hearts and the Bigot Sisters, playing appalling, inconsistent football. Last season’s double cup winners in real difficulty, Hibs unable to score a goal and selling off their best assets, Aberdeen leaking defensively and not a standout team among them. Alexander has improved our fitness levels, developed a fighting spirit and bought in some decent talent that is still developing(Tierney, Slattery, Van Veen, Kelly for example) and made improvements in others - Lamie, Mugabi, Woolery. He has us in top 6 and has more than earned another transfer window. It’s time to get behind him and support the team which is, let’s remember, still in contention for Europe.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Hope Springs said:

Win or bust? I find the talk of sacking Alexander ridiculous. This season has seen all but 3 teams, Hearts and the Bigot Sisters, playing appalling, inconsistent football. Last season’s double cup winners in real difficulty, Hibs unable to score a goal and selling off their best assets, Aberdeen leaking defensively and not a standout team among them. Alexander has improved our fitness levels, developed a fighting spirit and bought in some decent talent that is still developing(Tierney, Slattery, Van Veen, Kelly for example) and made improvements in others - Lamie, Mugabi, Woolery. He has us in top 6 and has more than earned another transfer window. It’s time to get behind him and support the team which is, let’s remember, still in contention for Europe.

So we've been playing appalling, inconsistent football, and won a single league game this year (picking up 9 points from 45) against equally appalling teams, but Alexander's more than earned another go?  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bobbybingo said:

So we've been playing appalling, inconsistent football, won a single league game this year and picked up 9 points from 45, but Alexander's more than earned another go?  

Suspect he's judged on what he's achieved v's how it's been achieved.

He achieved top 6 - tick 

Had Aberdeen & Hibs delivered what's expected of them we wouldn't be top 6 and it would be questionable.

I'd be happy to see us part ways but can't see us sacking a manger for being top 6 irrespective of any run of form /style of play. 

17 minutes ago, wellsince75 said:

Suspect he's judged on what he's achieved v's how it's been achieved.

He achieved top 6 - tick 

Had Aberdeen & Hibs delivered what's expected of them we wouldn't be top 6 and it would be questionable.

I'd be happy to see us part ways but can't see us sacking a manger for being top 6 irrespective of any run of form /style of play. 

I don't see it either. 

For the sake of the club, someone has to be looking not only at what's been achieved, but how it's been achieved, and more importantly, where we're headed next. If they're happy everything's going according to plan, fair enough, but it's clearly not an opinion shared by most fans at the moment.

8 hours ago, Hope Springs said:

a bit of reality there, I haven't enjoyed a lit of the football but if we win next week, I will be majorly chuffed.

Nice football is great but ultimately I get entertained by us winning...lose next week and I feel it will be a major opportunity thrown away. 

he has brought in a number of good players , so let's see how it pans out next week and keep some perspective 

We are as well starting next season with Alexander, who now has the experience of this past year and knowledge of the players, than the gamble of another new face.

The difference being that a new face would be given time (again) whereas if Alexander is not performing by, say, October his past record will go against him and he is more likely to be ditched.