Alexander.

postiejim

I can't ever recall as having such a strong league position whilst performing so poorly. 

I thought he came close to being shown the door at the end of last season and after a sit down with the club came out and admitted he got some things wrong , with the top 6 position my sense was the club were happy to give him the benefit of the doubt but expected change. 

Not much has happened since (other than 2 awful performances) what doesn't help is he's not showing any signs of changing or tackling the issues,  normally you expect to see new idea's , something different but the team looked tired and clean out of ideas.

1 minute ago, GazzyB said:

The statement says he asked to speak to the club so maybe it genuinely was a mutual thing this time.

Who next?

Don't know, but better get the 'sack him' thread started now......

• Haha 2

Really glad this has been done quickly.

Its bad enough that we went out of Europe without laying a glove on a very average team, but to let it fester into the start of the league season would have done us no good. Not sure who will take the team Sunday, but at least the toxicity has been taken out of the fixture and ironically heaps the pressure back on St Mirren and Stephen Robinson. Sunday is pretty much a free shot now. Here is hoping the players can go out and express themselves

The inevitable has happened, altho never great to see our club in this situation. Serious question about where we go next - Clarkson and Hammell for the weekend and caretaker duties? Would there be mileage in a Craigan/ Faddy partnership or is that too much of a risk?

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, si91 said:

The inevitable has happened, altho never great to see our club in this situation. Serious question about where we go next - Clarkson and Hammell for the weekend and caretaker duties? Would there be mileage in a Craigan/ Faddy partnership or is that too much of a risk?

Craggs and Faddy was what I suggested to my mates last night

9 minutes ago, si91 said:

I wouldnt be averse to Craigan and McFadden.  Whether they would take it or not is another matter. Both know the club inside out and have its best interests in their heart. Both speak intelligently about the game in their tv roles and are very measured in their approach. Craigan was very successful coaching our U21s and has a great understanding of what it takes to develop that side of the business, which personally I feel is the future for a club like ours. I get way more pleasure in seing the likes of Turnbull, Campbell, Hastie, Cadden, Cornelius, Maguire  etc develop and come into our first team than the majority of journeyman professiknals we have seen come through our revolving door in recent years. We just cant compete financially for decent established professionals, so rearing as many of our own as we can just makes sense.

• Like 2

Craigan left under a cloud and was basically shown the door after an alleged incident. There is no way in hell he will be the next manager. He is also enjoying his pundit role. Faddy has absolutely no experience as a coach never mind a manager. Pure fantasy stuff

If he's walked away then I'm grateful to him for that because there's no way we could afford to sack him and his assistants. As for the next manager, not a clue