Alexander.

postiejim

1 hour ago, si91 said:

The inevitable has happened, altho never great to see our club in this situation. Serious question about where we go next - Clarkson and Hammell for the weekend and caretaker duties? Would there be mileage in a Craigan/ Faddy partnership or is that too much of a risk?

Craigan doesn't want to be a manager and Faddy was a rubbish assistant. So yes, I'd say so...

57 minutes ago, Mad Dog said:

If he's walked away then I'm grateful to him for that because there's no way we could afford to sack him and his assistants. As for the next manager, not a clue 

You really think he has walked away without a pay off . If he has well it’s decent way to leave . Aye so he has 

4 minutes ago, Yodo said:

You really think he has walked away without a pay off . If he has well it’s decent way to leave . Aye so he has 

I wouldn't have thought that he would be able to quit but still demand a pay-off. 

We should have sacked that imposter of a manager at the end of the season.  The whole Mickey Mouse set up at FP needs gutted. Burrows hasn't a clue. A fan who became CEO. Really!!! He is about as good at his job as Alexander was.  Do I trust him and his clueless merry men to get it right next time. NO.  Alexander's after match interviews are the greatest stand up comedy you will ever see.  Some of the names getting quoted on here are a joke. The next manager must have no ties past or present to the club. It must be someone with a track record of winning. Know the Scottish game and be ambitious and is a winner. 

• Like 1

Did burrows go immediately from being an unemployed fan to CEO? Every other CEO in history has gone from not being a CEO to being one, why is it such a big deal that Burrows was a fan before being employed by the club?

No one is exempt from criticism, but this schtick is a decade old now.

Every club has ups and downs on the field, and the fact that we came out of COVID completely stable and able to invest in infrastructure hardly points at the club being a shambles. It wasn't long ago we were in danger of being snapped up by shady foreign money launderers and at real risk of folding. We have a reputation of being one of the better run clubs in the country, and I believe that's earned.

Alexander was the right appointment at the time. The alternative took Killie down, while Alexander kept us up and got us 5th. Every manager has a shelf life.

• Like 1

This should have happened earlier since the entire year has been a disaster. Anyone who thinks they were top six with the 2022 performances was deluded, so with this fiasco there was no other option, no matter how it was worded.

If the Board and the Trust have any notion about a successful future they should not be looking at the lower reaches for a quick fix. What's needed is someone with proven experience and we need to understand that adequate compensation needs to be on the table.

This was once a very respectable team that played good winning football, but this is a very different world, football included. It's time to take the future seriously and to do some professional management at every level of the organization, or it's time to shut it all down like you would an old horse that everyone loved.

23 minutes ago, Fairhill said:

This should have happened earlier since the entire year has been a disaster. Anyone who thinks they were top six with the 2022 performances was deluded, so with this fiasco there was no other option, no matter how it was worded.

Would probably have cost us a lot more at that point. He would have had targets for last season, and he most likely surpassed most of them, regardless of how.

6 hours ago, fizoxy said:

Did burrows go immediately from being an unemployed fan to CEO? Every other CEO in history has gone from not being a CEO to being one, why is it such a big deal that Burrows was a fan before being employed by the club?

No one is exempt from criticism, but this schtick is a decade old now.

Every club has ups and downs on the field, and the fact that we came out of COVID completely stable and able to invest in infrastructure hardly points at the club being a shambles. It wasn't long ago we were in danger of being snapped up by shady foreign money launderers and at real risk of folding. We have a reputation of being one of the better run clubs in the country, and I believe that's earned.

Alexander was the right appointment at the time. The alternative took Killie down, while Alexander kept us up and got us 5th. Every manager has a shelf life.

The problem is the fans knew before the board that he needed sacking. Trust them. As I said. NO.

7 hours ago, ppower said:

The problem is the fans knew before the board that he needed sacking.

How do you know that? There are rumours, unsubstantiated certainly, that the Directors were unhappy late last season. At the end of last season many fans were happy with his achievements but were looking for some sign of improvement this season, which didn't come.  The Directors would not have been happy with the performances and results against Sligo.  In addition there are rumours, again unsubtantiated certainly, of an embarassing dressing rooom bust up last Thursday post match.  Finally and most tellingly, there was widespread post match fan outrage on Thursday evening and Friday morning. GA left on Friday morning.  The league season has not yet started. 

1 hour ago, Kmcalpin said:

How do you know that? There are rumours, unsubstantiated certainly, that the Directors were unhappy late last season. At the end of last season many fans were happy with his achievements but were looking for some sign of improvement this season, which didn't come.  The Directors would not have been happy with the performances and results against Sligo.  In addition there are rumours, again unsubtantiated certainly, of an embarassing dressing rooom bust up last Thursday post match.  Finally and most tellingly, there was widespread post match fan outrage on Thursday evening and Friday morning. GA left on Friday morning.  The league season has not yet started. 

I think the point being made is not that the fans had some kind of insight or inside knowledge about the manager needed to be removed but rather they appeared to recognise that things just couldn’t go on the way they were and that the manager had to be removed.

On a related point, the Daily Rancid has an alleged interview with Liam Kelly in which he says that he spoke to Graham Alexander about his leaving.  He said the main reason the manager left was because he “felt the toxicity levels directed towards him from the fans weren’t fair on us as players and him and his family.”

Reading between the lines I would not be one bit surprised if Kelly put in a transfer request. He does come across as being really pissed at Alexander leaving.

6 minutes ago, El Grew said:

I think the point being made is not that the fans had some kind of insight or inside knowledge about the manager needed to be removed but rather they appeared to recognise that things just couldn’t go on the way they were and that the manager had to be removed.

On a related point, the Daily Rancid has an alleged interview with Liam Kelly in which he says that he spoke to Graham Alexander about his leaving.  He said the main reason the manager left was because he “felt the toxicity levels directed towards him from the fans weren’t fair on us as players and him and his family.”

Reading between the lines I would not be one bit surprised if Kelly put in a transfer request. He does come across as being really pissed at Alexander leaving.

Sorry Liam but maybe if the players put in more effort, especially in last 2 games the fans wouldn't have been as angry. Alexander caused the problems,. Yes there are fans that go over the score which is totally unacceptable but the majority of us are decent die hard fans who have been very loyal and paid a lot of money over the years....COYW

8 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

Also Liam tell that to the fans that travelled to Sligo to witness that performance, and maybe also question your own self at your positioning for their 1st goal

I think the last person anyone should be having a go at is Kelly.

8 minutes ago, Yorkyred said:

I think the last person anyone should be having a go at is Kelly.

Are you for real?  He could have kept it to himself, however he is in the paper as Alexander's mouthpiece basically saying the fans hounded him out.  Kelly can STFU and concentrate on the game tomorrow.  Dry you eyes Liam.

• Like 1

I still think he was going for the pay off from the moment he signed the improved contract. It's not credible to go from being a very competent if negative manager to absolutely useless on the level of Iain Cathro in the space of a few weeks. Team selections, tactics and transfers have all been essentially self sabotage since January. Thinking back to his Open Goal interview every answer no matter the question eventually ended with Alexander talking about money, obviously that's what pro football is all about but it was way beyond anything you would expect. I think he did a bottom line calculation and decided to fuck us. 

Bringing in an experienced right back when the captain is a right back and Spittal to play left midfield when you have Goss signed up for another two years is an incredible waste of resources, fuck knows how he managed to justify it to Burrows. 

If you are generous you can say the two of them are like for like so the only real addition is Morris who does not look like the required standard for our level. He is a Steve Jones or Trevor Molloy standard player. 

Kelly starting his leaving campaign methinks.

He might have had a point regarding the fans reaction if Thursday had been a one off. But it was the culmination of months of frustration. And he knows  that. As for him being exempt from criticism, they win as a group and they fail as a group. No-one is exempt from criticism, from Board, to coaching staff, to players. Personally he has been at fault for goals as well, although I do not really buy into Thursday being one of those occasions.