Alexander.

postiejim

5 minutes ago, dennyc said:

Kelly starting his leaving campaign methinks.

He might have had a point regarding the fans reaction if Thursday had been a one off. But it was the culmination of months of frustration. And he knows  that. As for him being exempt from criticism, they win as a group and they fail as a group. No-one is exempt from criticism, from Board, to coaching staff, to players. Personally he has been at fault for goals as well, although I do not really buy into Thursday being one of those occasions.

The free kick on Thursday was Dan Twardzik level stuff. The ball was in the air for an age.

37 minutes ago, Suprawell said:

Are you for real?  He could have kept it to himself, however he is in the paper as Alexander's mouthpiece basically saying the fans hounded him out.  Kelly can STFU and concentrate on the game tomorrow.  Dry you eyes Liam.

The last person we need to be having a go at is Kelly, hound him out and you can knock off a good few extra points. People are way to sensitive at times.

Don't see what Kelly said wrong there. Did folk just read the headline? Looking at the stuff on social media for the last year, as well as the aftermath of Thursday, it seems like a valid reason for him to want to leave. Kelly stating what GA told him is fair game. Also funny to see some folk turn on our best player immediately for mentioning toxicity in the fan base, and not seeing an ounce of irony.

Alexander has been getting dogs abuse all year, and folk are getting wound up because one person criticized them back.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, steelboy said:

The free kick on Thursday was Dan Twardzik level stuff. The ball was in the air for an age.

If we had scored that goal we would be going nuts at how good it was. And nobody would be having a go at the goalkeeper. The error  was giving the foul away in the first place.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Yorkyred said:

The last person we need to be having a go at is Kelly, hound him out and you can knock off a good few extra points. People are way to sensitive at times.

I wasn't comfortable at some of the stuff I saw levelled at Alexander. On twitter in particular but people have their opinions and fans booed in one home game as far as I know and obviously at the away game too. That's not hounding a manager out by any stretch of the imagination.

I've personally never said anything negative about Alexander on my social media.

Kelly has probably looked at some of the comments fans have been making on twitter and not been happy.

I like Kelly as a player but he's on a six figure salary yes? Same as Alexander would have been. Yes he saved us lots of times last season but we've just crashed out of Europe having been well beaten by a team we should have beaten easily.  Fans have the right to be unhappy and Alexander said himself last week that being booed didn't bother him.

If Alexander did leave for the sake of the club its disappointing to see it being spun another way now.

3 minutes ago, dennyc said:

If we had scored that goal we would be going nuts at how good it was. And nobody would be having a go at the goalkeeper. The error  was giving the foul away in the first place.

And also Blair Spittal just blasting the ball out the park from a decent position to give them possession.

But a decent keeper saves that and it's the reason that we won't be fielding any bids for Kelly. He's not tall enough for any team with a budget for buying a goalie.

1 hour ago, Yorkyred said:

I think the last person anyone should be having a go at is Kelly.

I having a go at his comments, certainly not him as a player. If we hadn't signed him on loan that time we would have been in championship. However if that is his view about Alexander leaving it is harsh in the fans (apart from the ones that go over the score)

8 minutes ago, fizoxy said:

Don't see what Kelly said wrong there. Did folk just read the headline? Looking at the stuff on social media for the last year, as well as the aftermath of Thursday, it seems like a valid reason for him to want to leave. Kelly stating what GA told him is fair game. Also funny to see some folk turn on our best player immediately for mentioning toxicity in the fan base, and not seeing an ounce of irony.

Alexander has been getting dogs abuse all year, and folk are getting wound up because one person criticized them back.

Exactly.

It's a bit naïve from Kelly to come out and have a go at an already agitated fanbase and label them toxic - Whilst citing that everyone needs to pull together.
Wouldn't hear it from a Campbell or a Lasley.
...Maybe its a pointer what has being going wrong though - No personal responsibility being taken from the players/management.
They're just unlucky and the fans don't know what they're talking about.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

The main criticism from Kelly seems to be that the atmosphere turned toxic at Fir Park when Sligo scored. I do think that some of the stuff directed at Alexander over the months was over the top and it hasn't been just lately its been from when we went on that poor run after Christmas.

There were fans last night on twitter making laughing gifs and celebrating that he was going. I think with Alexander some people just didn't like him. They didn't like his style of play plus the way he delivered interviews.

The bottom line is though people will all react differently. I don't go to Fir Park to boo the team or the manager but some people will when they feel frustrated and when you have a group of people all feeling the same way it was obvious that a section of fans wouldn't be happy until he was gone. There were people saying they weren't going to renew their season tickets even when we got the European place and even getting 5th spot wasn't enough to placate a section of the support

I also don't think it's Kelly looking for a move, he is just angry at a manager he likes leaving.  If (and it's a big if) that those were his choice of words then it isn't clever.  There are fans out there that are total clowns, some of the shouts and abuse are shocking.  However I can only speak for myself, apart from the bad jokes I like to think I am constructive in any criticism of a player or manager.  Kelly is best keeper we have had since Randolph and should be next Scotland no.1.  However, don't tar all fans with the same brush as the ones that are nutters...COYW

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Richie said:

It's a bit naïve from Kelly to come out and have a go at an already agitated fanbase and label them toxic - Whilst citing that everyone needs to pull together.
Wouldn't hear it from a Campbell or a Lasley.
...Maybe its a pointer what has being going wrong though - No personal responsibility being taken from the players/management.
They're just unlucky and the fans don't know what they're talking about.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

I very much agree with you. I don't think today was the time or the place. He's completely entitled to his opinion as is Alexander. If people abuse you of course you have a public right of reply.

But you have a situation where Alexander left on a positive note at least publicly and the next day Kelly is in the press criticising the fans. 

It's just the timing that's off and basically if the players had done the business on the park since January we wouldn't be having this conversation anyway. Players also need to take responsibility as well and he does say that in the interview.

Kelly does have a point about the fans though. I was thinking the other night as the team came out it was great backing but we would turn on them in a second, it only took five minutes. Players were getting pelters every time they came near the stand and it definitely impacted their confidence.  During the second half it seemed like they were just playing out the clock, there was zero belief which is primarily down to the players but everyone in the away end had chucked it as much as the players. The fact that it was so warm probably kept the lid on things at the end of the game as everyone seemed as tired and fed up as they were angry.

Obviously i've done my share of boo boying myself over the years but you can't give out to the players at the same time as demanding they get a win. It doesn't really work if you rattle the whole team in a big game.

4 minutes ago, steelboy said:

Kelly does have a point about the fans though. I was thinking the other night as the team came out it was great backing but we would turn on them in a second, it only took five minutes. Players were getting pelters every time they came near the stand and it definitely impacted their confidence.  During the second half it seemed like they were just playing out the clock, there was zero belief which is primarily down to the players but everyone in the away end had chucked it as much as the players. The fact that it was so warm probably kept the lid on things at the end of the game as everyone seemed as tired and fed up as they were angry.

Obviously i've done my share of boo boying myself over the years but you can't give out to the players at the same time as demanding they get a win. It doesn't really work if you rattle the whole team in a big game.

I don't go to football to boo players or the manager. Never have no matter how badly we play but that's just me. Sometimes frustrations boil over and obviously they have here.

I personally think Alexander had lost a section of the fan base so badly that it was just a matter of time before he was gone.

I actually said this to my brother yesterday if Alexander goes and in a year the same thing happens again is another manager going to be forced out the same way? It was obvious that he wasn't going to stay after the European games. Fans would have been on his back from the off.

I absolutely don't condone anyone grabbing the managers mic and abusing him. I just think it got a bit too personal with Alexander. I said that the other night on twitter. He was getting criticised for anything by the end. Not playing injured players and not playing suspended players. I saw people criticise him for his accent.

In hindsight he probably should have gone earlier in the season for his sake as much as anyone else's but that's hindsight. The frustrations have clearly come from us losing to a team we should have beaten comfortably.

The daily rancid is out to make headlines so its possible what Liam has said has been put together in the most sensational way (no shit sherlock).

I think he’s got a point. I thought the atmosphere at fir park lat week was brilliant until about 20mins in and then it was horrible, really unpleasant and at the end it was toxic….. and that was the main stand…. Folk hanging over the stand screaming and booing at players/managers/subs….. booing annoys the fk out me? I don’t understand it and it’s cringy seeing adults do it, unacceptable for a kid to boo never mind an adult.

i think Kelly did point out it’s up to players tho to make the fans get behind them and they haven’t done that. I think he sort of said that?

i don’t think Kelly said anything wrong and he’s 100% entitled to his opinion. I think some people are a bit sensitive. Players and fans just need to move on and hope our new manager gets something out these players.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, steelboy said:

I still think he was going for the pay off from the moment he signed the improved contract. It's not credible to go from being a very competent if negative manager to absolutely useless on the level of Iain Cathro in the space of a few weeks. Team selections, tactics and transfers have all been essentially self sabotage since January. Thinking back to his Open Goal interview every answer no matter the question eventually ended with Alexander talking about money, obviously that's what pro football is all about but it was way beyond anything you would expect. I think he did a bottom line calculation and decided to fuck us. 

Can you then explain why he bothered to get results against StMirren, Livingston, Ross County and Hearts to get to 5th place?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Alpha1886 said:

Can you then explain why he bothered to get results against StMirren, Livingston, Ross County and Hearts to get to 5th place?

Which  of those games do you think we played well in? Livi we got a draw by the skin of our teeth, St Mirren gifted us 2 goals, Hearts had their eye on the cup final and chucked it after the defender went off injured and the Ross County game was a non event with a soft pen winner.

2 hours ago, Suprawell said:

Are you for real?  He could have kept it to himself, however he is in the paper as Alexander's mouthpiece basically saying the fans hounded him out.  Kelly can STFU and concentrate on the game tomorrow.  Dry you eyes Liam.

Blaming the fans. Really!!! What a dick. Deflecting how crap his and the teams performance was. He wasn't exactly clever at the first goal. His lack of height caused that.  It's the 5 wins in 23 games. How about you mention that it's you and the rest of your gutless wonders that contributed to his demise. No hope for us with dicks like that blaming the fans. Fuck right off Kelly. That crap from Kelly tell you all you need to know about our spineless cowardly team.

11 minutes ago, ppower said:

Blaming the fans. Really!!! What a dick. Deflecting how crap his and the teams performance was. He wasn't exactly clever at the first goal. His lack of height caused that.  It's the 5 wins in 23 games. How about you mention that it's you and the rest of your gutless wonders that contributed to his demise. No hope for us with dicks like that blaming the fans. Fuck right off Kelly. That crap from Kelly tell you all you need to know about our spineless cowardly team.

Don't know where he got the toxic fans stuff from.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

29 minutes ago, bobbybingo said:

Don't know where he got the toxic fans stuff from.

A motherwell fan tweeted after the Sligo home game that he had never seen such a poisonous atmosphere inside Fir Park in all the time he has been supporting Motherwell. What I mean is fans were openly discussing how poisonous they thought the atmosphere was.

I don't think Liam is that active on twitter but he has an account and I assume he'll also have seen some of the abuse flung Alexander's way on social media

I was in the east stand and it wasn't that bad where I was but other people said it was awful in their part or the stand

17 minutes ago, steelboy said:

Were you at the game the other night? Toxic barely sums it up.

I realise that. It was sarcasm, given the 'Fuck off Kelly, ya dick' comment.

The manager's gone. If the fans fancy chasing one of our few decent players out too, fair enough, but would it not be better to take a breather and see what their reaction on the park is first?

• Like 2

Hearing the abuse shouted at Alexander when he was giving his post-match interview was really embarrassing. I thought he sounded a bit shaken. I don't care what the industry is, no one should have to go to their job and get shouted and sworn at, no matter what you think of them. He's human and  deserves a basic level of respect and anyone who thinks it's okay to address someone else in that manner in any circumstances should take a long hard look at themselves. 

• Like 8