postiejim

Alexander.

On 5/13/2022 at 11:08 AM, Big Stall said:

We are utter shite though. And yep thats the reason I picked that example. That team were so bad we ended up in the playoffs and then smashed Rangers.  All I'm saying is that we have regressed to such an extent that they would also destroy us.

A team with Pearson, McManus and McDonald through the spine, and Ainsworth and Johnson on the wings would totally destroy our current team if they showed up primed for the event. Carrol v on-form Lionel? Come on.

Skippy v Ojala?

Pearson and Las v Goss and Slattery?

Now line our current team up with McGhee's first season or McCalls superstars.  Its frightening to imagine the outcome.

Now of course we don't need to worry about it, we are finishing 4th or 5th but it just shows how poor not only Motherwell have got in a relatively short number of years, but the rest of the league as well.

Interesting that a team with Pearson, McManus and McDonald finished 11th yet this lot with the poorer players finished 5th. It might just be that Alexander is able to organise a team to get the very best out of his squad while Barraclough could not. We have come back countless times this season. Ibrox twice, St Mirren, away and home, Aberdeen and Morton in the cup, Livingston all spring to mind recently. This indicates the players are motivated and think positively. That might just be down to the manager.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 5/13/2022 at 11:08 AM, Big Stall said:

We are utter shite though. And yep thats the reason I picked that example. That team were so bad we ended up in the playoffs and then smashed Rangers.  All I'm saying is that we have regressed to such an extent that they would also destroy us.

A team with Pearson, McManus and McDonald through the spine, and Ainsworth and Johnson on the wings would totally destroy our current team if they showed up primed for the event. Carrol v on-form Lionel? Come on.

Skippy v Ojala?

Pearson and Las v Goss and Slattery?

Now line our current team up with McGhee's first season or McCalls superstars.  Its frightening to imagine the outcome.

Now of course we don't need to worry about it, we are finishing 4th or 5th but it just shows how poor not only Motherwell have got in a relatively short number of years, but the rest of the league as well.

I think “if they showed up” would be key. It’s easy to look back with a degree of rose tinted spectacles in my view. Skippy, Pearson, Ainsworth had technical ability but how often were you not aware they were even on the field ? They were incredibly inconsistent which is why we ended up in a play off against a truly dreadful Rangers team that this seasons team would also have beaten in my view.

On 5/15/2022 at 10:52 PM, sinjy said:

Interesting that a team with Pearson, McManus and McDonald finished 11th yet this lot with the poorer players finished 5th. It might just be that Alexander is able to organise a team to get the very best out of his squad while Barraclough could not. We have come back countless times this season. Ibrox twice, St Mirren, away and home, Aberdeen and Morton in the cup, Livingston all spring to mind recently. This indicates the players are motivated and think positively. That might just be down to the manager.

until the investment by les hutch, the baraclogh team was murder, were certs for the drop,  then bara was able to get a few loans on board , which made all the difference,  but still wasn't a great team .

Salford fc sack their manager, will they come back for Alexander after Gary Nevilles statement that they should never have sacked him in the first place.??