SteelmaninOZ

Aberdeen v Motherwell 6/11/2021

With 5 wins in 13, 18 points and a Top 6 spot someone needs to tell 'stubborn' Alexander 4-3-3 doesn't work. :lol:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

With 5 wins in 13, 18 points and a Top 6 spot someone needs to tell 'stubborn' Alexander 4-3-3 doesn't work. :lol:

I’m beginning to suspect he might know better than some of the experts on here.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Much better second half performance that was worth the 3 points.

Great result to take some momentum into the international break and good to see a couple of quality goals from the footballers in the team backed up by some quality defending when required.

A thoroughly enjoyable second half. Goss and KVV making the difference. Ricki Lamie too, what a performance. He is extremely solid for us when called upon which is remarkable considering how genuinely horrific he was for the first few months of his Motherwell career.

I can only hope one day to love somebody as much as Lewis Irons loves Liam Kelly.

• Like 1

Better second half, VV two great goals with a quality ball in from Goss. Still a sore watch.  We nullified Aberdeen in the second half well.  Toped by a great double save from Kelly to prevent Aberdeen fightback. Well done Motherwell to break this bad run

Well that was as brilliant a result as it was unexpected. The least said about the first half the better but in the second half we actually looked like a team that could compete and two very well taken goals by the big man.

We always seem to get big results against Aberdeen when we need them, that has been a bit of a trademark of ours over the past few years.

As ever get it RIGHT up Aberdeen, their dour pussed followers and their army of cheerleaders on Radio Scotland. I’m away to pour a G&T and listen to Richard Gordon’s crestfallen dulcet tones.

And that is why we all love supporting the Well,  its a rollercoaster every week,  huge result.  Bring on the jambos in a fortnight 

Back to where we were earlier in the season. O'Donnell not playing, we play shite and get 3 points. Tell you something? 

Big Bevis brilliant against as was Lamie when he came on. 

COYW 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, GrahamH said:

I’m beginning to suspect he might know better than some of the experts on here.

That wouldn’t be very hard .

5th in the table after beating Aberdeen 2-0 away from home?

Not bad considering our manager apparently hasn't got a clue what he's doing, eh?

Credit to Lamie coming on and playing well. He’s looked solid this season so far. Bevis again having a good game at right back. Woolery contributed well when he came on to take pressure off the defense and we managed the last 10 mins pretty well. If only we can fix the midfield. Did see a wee bit more from Goss this week so maybe he will continue to contribute more as each game goes by.  Thought O’Hara put in a power of work but still no “football” from the midfield and still too many slack passes but certainly more tolerable when you get the 3 points. 

Great 3 points,I love our ability to get a big result over that lot.the second half was much better,we pressed when we needed too and scored 2 really well worked goals,I thought we sat back a little bit to much towards the end of the game but we defended our box brilliantly,we kept our shape which was impressive.i had the fear a bit when ojala went off as he was playing really but lamie done ever so well when he came on,it was great to see kelly at his best too.

Honestly I had us down for getting pumped this weekend.  It was certainly a game of two halves, the frustrating thing was when we came out firing straight out the blocks in the second half they just didn't look comfortable at all and we got two quick goals, nice to see some real quality as well, before scoring it looked like we were denied a stonewall penalty as well. Delighted with the result and three points, also great to see the Aberdeen melt down on social media as well.

9 minutes ago, David said:

5th in the table after beating Aberdeen 2-0 away from home?

Not bad considering our manager apparently hasn't got a clue what he's doing, eh?

Was that sarcasm again by the way?   Can you please keep using the correct emoji ,just so as I know.

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, middleeastdave said:

How many games is SOD suspended for?

let’s hope it’s for few!

Well Bevis has given GA that problem to deal with. Does he drop him after another good display in that position?  Im still not keen on McGinley. Dare we put Lamie there or is Lamie only reliable at middle o defense?  I prefer Carroll over McGinley but obviously GA doesnt. Hard to argue with top 6 placing after away win at Aberdeen, 2 games into second round of fixtures.