Motherwell v Hearts 20/11/2021

SteelmaninOZ

Hearts are playing well with a great start to the season so far but they are nothing special so we are well capable of beating them if we keep it tight at the back with no repeat of the  daft mistakes we made in the last game.  It will  be a close game but I reckon we will win it.

It won't happen but I would like to see watt and van veen play as a two and bring slattery back in to midfield for this.hearts had to do nothing to beat us at tynecastle,if we don't make any daft mistakes,there's no reason why we can't get anything from this.

2 hours ago, GawnUpBy? said:

Tough one. Hopefully she can hold off until we’ve got a horrendous injury list / suspensions. 

Or hopefully it’s as soon as possible and she takes the rest of her paedophile protecting wealth hoarding scumbag family with her.

But aye, I’d start Bevis at right back.

• Like 3

Hopefully if she goes, it's in the next couple of weeks or she holds off until January. I'm going to be back for some games in December, and I'm still pissed about the Killie game getting called off the day Diana died. I'd already turned up for the supporters bus as well.

Alexander tends to stick with a winning team, but I'd be surprised if Slattery wasn't back in. That midfield against Hearts would be a disaster. Roberts will also drop out, so I assume Woolery will be back in to body a guy, run past another guy, then take the rest of the game off.

15 minutes ago, weeyin said:

I'm a fan of Mugabi, but while he's a decent stand-in at right back he's not what we need there week to week. O'Donnell offers more width going forward and has a better delivery into the box.

Takes us back to the argument of having a back three of Mugabi and the two Scandinavians and play O'Donnell in the position he plays for Scotland. Not going to happen though I think which takes us back to exactly what Weeyin said.

5 hours ago, Winning by Name said:

Takes us back to the argument of having a back three of Mugabi and the two Scandinavians and play O'Donnell in the position he plays for Scotland. Not going to happen though I think which takes us back to exactly what Weeyin said.

this is what frustrates me. 

We have 4 very decent central defenders to pick from.
Both SOD & Carrol are suspect in defence but v good going forward.
We have no wingers.
We don't have 3 proven decent forwards. 

All day long a 3-5-2  would suit the players/strengths we have.

Fair to say it will be 4-3-3.   

5 hours ago, wellsince75 said:

Both SOD & Carrol are suspect in defence but v good going forward.

I don't disagree with this at all, but the modern game doesn't seem to care about full backs being able to defend - it's all about their attacking play,

Drives me nuts as guys like Joe Wark were excellent going forward and even better at defending. So it's perfectly possible to be good at both.

Just now, Busta Nut said:

Cos he has had a decent game for Scotland?

Even if he is decent at the weekend to deny he's been utter shite for us is fucking stupid. 

He certainly hasn't been at his best for us of late, I'll give you that.

But is he "utter shite"? I'd say no. And thankfully Steve Clarke and Graham Alexander seem to think the same.

His club form has been diabolical, anyone who denies that is just plain deluded. If he was able to bring his international form into club form then happy days, but the truth is he's been rotten for us for a good few weeks now.

Let's hope he can replicate his Scotland form on Saturday.

• Like 1