Motherwell v Hearts 20/11/2021

SteelmaninOZ

43 minutes ago, GazzyB said:

His club form has been diabolical, anyone who denies that is just plain deluded. If he was able to bring his international form into club form then happy days, but the truth is he's been rotten for us for a good few weeks now.

Let's hope he can replicate his Scotland form on Saturday.

We’d need to match a similar formation .  Otherwise he won’t get a chance to push forward , midfield gets over run and we end defending like dogs for most of the match .

He’s better for Scotland than us (personal view) as the formation and team set up play more to his strengths 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GazzyB said:

Let's hope he can replicate his Scotland form on Saturday.

He's been very good defensively for Scotland. Even at times he looks like he's never actually kicked a ball for Scotland.

His defending for us has been utter shite and he looks like the uncle you bring to 5 a sides at times.

I'd fucking love him to great. I'd even settle for the "very average" he was 12 months ago.

1 hour ago, Busta Nut said:

He's been very good defensively for Scotland. Even at times he looks like he's never actually kicked a ball for Scotland.

His defending for us has been utter shite and he looks like the uncle you bring to 5 a sides at times.

I'd fucking love him to great. I'd even settle for the "very average" he was 12 months ago.

I agree with this viewpoint. 

He has been actually very poor this season. The fact we have won 80% of our games whilst he has not been playing is quite telling. Sure there will be other factors at play including the quality of the opposition. 

But I would not be inclined to drop Mugabi from RB assuming Ojala and Sol are fit. That said I doubt he will be left out. He is our Captain and GA can always point out to how well he played v Denmark. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ohwulliewullie said:

It would be a nice touch to make a pre-match announcement on Saturday to acknowledge the part that Gordon, Souttar and O'Donnell played for Scotland on Monday night   

Flashback of Gordon Soutar there.  Carried a bit of weight if I remember.

8 hours ago, ohwulliewullie said:

It would be a nice touch to make a pre-match announcement on Saturday to acknowledge the part that Gordon, Souttar and O'Donnell played for Scotland on Monday night   

Whit????

Why don’t we just get the rest of the players from both sides to form a guard of honour for the three of them as they walk on to the park separately while we’re at it? :banghead:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, MJC_mkII said:

Why don’t we just get the rest of the players from both sides to form a guard of honour

Wee (Hall of Famer, Stand Namer) Tommy did that for his brother's Dundee Utd team that had just made it to the UEFA Cup Final.

It worked too, because then we beat them.

42 minutes ago, weeyin said:

Wee (Hall of Famer, Stand Namer) Tommy did that for his brother's Dundee Utd team that had just made it to the UEFA Cup Final.

It worked too, because then we beat them.

I know, and whatever my views I reckon you’d see us or any other club do the same for any non-Old Firm club should they reach a major European final again. 

But a pre-match announcement for three players, two of whom playing against us for their part in a match which secured Scotland a playoff place? That’s right, a playoff place, not qualification for the World Cup.

Nah, not for me. What happens if we do a nice wee pre-match acknowledgment of the Scotland three then O’Donnell reverts to his Motherwell type form, Gordon plays a blinder, saves a penalty and Souttar scores the winner?

It would generate a lot of likes on social media mind you, once again showing what a smashing wee club we are so the social media dept would enjoy it. Probably make a video of it for Twitter. :rolleyes:

14 hours ago, ohwulliewullie said:

That idea may be applicable if we win the world cup. As it is? I don't think so.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MJC_mkII said:

I know, and whatever my views I reckon you’d see us or any other club do the same for any non-Old Firm club should they reach a major European final again. 

But a pre-match announcement for three players, two of whom playing against us for their part in a match which secured Scotland a playoff place? That’s right, a playoff place, not qualification for the World Cup.

Nah, not for me. What happens if we do a nice wee pre-match acknowledgment of the Scotland three then O’Donnell reverts to his Motherwell type form, Gordon plays a blinder, saves a penalty and Souttar scores the winner?

It would generate a lot of likes on social media mind you, once again showing what a smashing wee club we are so the social media dept would enjoy it. Probably make a video of it for Twitter. :rolleyes:

I don't disagree, btw - just pointing out that we've done it before.

Also, as much as I enjoyed the Scotland game this week, we haven't actually qualified yet.

• Like 1

On ‎11‎/‎17‎/‎2021 at 9:10 AM, MJC_mkII said:

Whit????

Why don’t we just get the rest of the players from both sides to form a guard of honour for the three of them as they walk on to the park separately while we’re at it? :banghead:

Emoji please , or are you seroius. I just can't tell anymore.

After a magnificent week watching the national team play silky free flowing attacking football, its back to the weekly grind of club football!

Just hope SOD can use the experience to drag all those around them up to his level rather than the other way around!

Hopefully he will have some encouraging words for Liam Kelly and Tony Watt to pass on from Steve Clarke. The more internationals we can get in the team the better!

:P;):P

• Like 1

With 3,000 jambos  fans then it should be a great atmosphere and I hope our lads are up for it and also let's give SOD lots of support, I feel he is a confidence player so having the fans behind him will help.   Ps. moving IT equipment into an office at work today and my boss said 'The plugs don't work',  I replied 'fair enough but was that not a song by The Verve?',  ba boom!!

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, weeyin said:

I don't know the last time Hearts beat us by 3 goals at Fir Park, but all the recent games have been pretty tight.

4 years, 9 months and 15 days ago on Saturday 4th February 2017. Game was a lunchtime kickoff and Carl McHugh was red carded as we lost 3-0.

Just seeing as you mentioned it.

6 hours ago, MJC_mkII said:

4 years, 9 months and 15 days ago on Saturday 4th February 2017. Game was a lunchtime kickoff and Carl McHugh was red carded as we lost 3-0.

Just seeing as you mentioned it.

The voice of positivity! 

I think it will be a tough ask tomorrow but that is when we usually pull a rabbit out of the hat. Here is hoping…

• Like 1