Motherwell v Hearts 20/11/2021

SteelmaninOZ

Don't know if the younger fans have quite the same level of animosity towards Hearts but I absolutely love beating them every bit as much as Rangers and Celtic.

Best display of the season.  Absolutely dominated from start to finish and should have probably won by quite a few more than we got.  Was a 2-0 going on 5-0.

The one thing I took away from the match today was the fantastic performances from some of the more 'unfashionable' players. 

Lamie, Maguire, Shields, Mugabi to name but four but everyone can be very pleased with their performance today.

• Like 1

Iv been critical of the way we set up this season but that was a brilliant performance.  We pressed high, we fought for everything and we opened up and had a good go. Could easily have scored 5 or 6 today. We only looked a bit frustrating last 10mins when we decided to shut up the shop.

To a man, the players were all excellent. I thought Woolery was superb. Midway through second half he absolutley busted a gut getting back snd stopping a hearts break.

Onwards and upwards. Mon the 'well!

Enjoyed that today. Terrific effort and playing as a team. What a difference when you press as a team and not just a couple of individuals. We looked as though we had a connection between defense and midfield and then midfield to attack. I kept waiting on us letting up but we came out second half and just kept right on doing what was working. Winning 4-0 wouldn’t have flattered us. More of the same please!!!

Brilliant performance from everyone today. You could toss an 11 sided coin for motm and every side would be just. Thought Lamie was outstanding and it was really pleasing to see him wrap up the points. The whole first half played in the hertz half and i don't think they registered a shot on goal til the 57th minute. Performance of the season so far and I'll look forward to Sportscene tonight. COYW 

• Like 1