Dundee v Motherwell 27/11/2021

SteelmaninOZ

Utterly dismal stuff. It seems that unless this team manages to score first then the heads go down and we end up chucking in a couple more. 

Let’s face reality here. We are a poor, poor side. We played well last week against Hearts in what was our best performance of the season and deserved the win, but against Aberdeen we were very, very lucky as we offered absolutely nothing for 55 minutes then found ourselves 2-0 up out of nowhere.

Pressure is upped on the manager after this, no two ways about it.

11 minutes ago, MJC_mkII said:

Utterly dismal stuff. It seems that unless this team manages to score first then the heads go down and we end up chucking in a couple more. 

Let’s face reality here. We are a poor, poor side. We played well last week against Hearts in what was our best performance of the season and deserved the win, but against Aberdeen we were very, very lucky as we offered absolutely nothing for 55 minutes then found ourselves 2-0 up out of nowhere.

You honestly think there is any pressure on the manager ? We’re in the top 6, for me the pressure is absolute zero. I don’t even think we’re a poor side, I think we have a strong squad of players that are dreadfully inconsistent. A couple of decent signings in January and I’m convinced we will finish top six, we won’t be near bottom four.

This has been night and day compared to last week and it's hardly surprising,we still see performances like today far to often where you can tell after about 10 minutes just how the game is going to go,the passing is all over the place then it leads to giving away soft goals and to many players underperforming.thankfully there won't be much time to dwell on this and we can come out the traps quickly during the week.

7 minutes ago, MJC_mkII said:

While I agree that today has been utterly rotten I am certain the guy will not be under any pressure at all, disappointed at the result obviously but we are currently 5th . If we beat United midweek that would be 9 points from 12 that are available from Novmeber fixtures.

2 minutes ago, Yorkyred said:

You honestly think there is any pressure on the manager ? We’re in the top 6, for me the pressure is absolute zero.

He's under no pressure right now,other than a enforced change he went with the same team as last week and rightly so.the buck stops with the players for this result today,that performance in the first half was laughable by the guys on the pitch.

24 minutes ago, weeyin said:

No Sean Goss no party. 

I had zero expectations coming into this game and even those haven't been met. 

25 minutes ago, weeyin said:

No Sean Goss no party. 

I had zero expectations coming into this game and even those haven't been met. 

Get a hat on you've got sunstroke 

3 minutes ago, pretzel said:

While I agree that today has been utterly rotten I am certain the guy will not be under any pressure at all, disappointed at the result obviously but we are currently 5th . If we beat United midweek that would be 9 points from 12 that are available from Novmeber fixtures.

play like last week, we will be top 4, play like today,  relegated...its up to manager to level it out...he was an international full back, surely he sees inadequacies in that position. 

McGuire and grimmy dont work in same midfield,  going forward , we cant keep repeating these mistakes.

1 minute ago, Great Balls of Shire said:

play like last week, we will be top 4, play like today,  relegated...its up to manager to level it out...he was an international full back, surely he sees inadequacies in that position. 

McGuire and grimmy dont work in same midfield,  going forward , we cant keep repeating these mistakes.

I get grimshaw is only in because goss is injured but it does just highlight how poor our options are in midfield,we can't have both him and maguire in the same team,neither are good enough,I've seen enough of grimshaw running about fouling and giving the ball away to last me a lifetime.we really need to be looking for midfield reinforcements in January with ideally about three of them leaving.

12 minutes ago, Yorkyred said:

You honestly think there is any pressure on the manager ? We’re in the top 6, for me the pressure is absolute zero. I don’t even think we’re a poor side, I think we have a strong squad of players that are dreadfully inconsistent. A couple of decent signings in January and I’m convinced we will finish top six, we won’t be near bottom four.

Going into the game today we had the joint best win record outside the Old Firm.

There is no pressure on the manager but there are things for him to iron out.

2 minutes ago, mfc said:

I get grimshaw is only in because goss is injured but it does just highlight how poor our options are in midfield,we can't have both him and maguire in the same team,neither are good enough,I've seen enough of grimshaw running about fouling and giving the ball away to last me a lifetime.we really need to be looking for midfield reinforcements in January with ideally about three of them leaving.

Midfield is still the priority for me

2 minutes ago, Yorkyred said:

Midfield is still the priority for me

Our midfield just hasn't looked comfortable for a while now,I don't think a flat three in there works,I would much rather we went with an actual holding midfielder with two in front or an attacking midfielder with two behind,we really need to start getting the balance right in there.a decent left back would be nice in january also.

maybe the young Irish guy will provide the missing link in midfield. Hope so as todays performance showed that after the performance of the midfield last week the absence of Goss with no replacement with ability  available to replace him we really struggled to get into the game.