Scottish Cup 4th Round Draw

Toxteth O'Grady

Home tie against lower league opposition.

If we cant win this tie, we dont deserve to be dreaming of winning a trophy.

Not to say we will win. But good teams take care of business. Hopefully we can strengthen in the window and banish our inconsistencies.

As we've shown this season we have it in us to beat pretty much anyone, or lose to anyone... Could make for a good cup run or a short one.

Could be a worse draw, everyone is underwhelmed just now but with it being straight after the break we'll get all excited before it and get carried away with ourselves, which will be nice.

I wouldn't be putting any money on us blowing away either team but we should be getting through this tie.

Morton are plucky given the conditions they are operating under these days but they hardly score in the Championship so you'd expect us to be a step up from that.

Inverness started the season grinding out results but they've been pretty ropey recently.  Of course the tie is too far away to really make current form relevant. However chants of 'Broadfoot....Broadfoot...Broadfoot' might be worth reviving.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

Morton win the replay on pens

Happy with that. 
Should be a good crowd. 
We have a good record v Morton in the Scottish Cup. These things can come to an end. Indeed Morton may get a bounce from a new Manager.  But if you asked me would I rather play the team top of the table with 9 wins from 16 or team near bottom of the table with 2 wins from 16…..

Hope this does not come back to haunt me ! 

If we approach the game the right way and start fast and put them under pressure we will win at the first time of asking. If we dont, it could be a nervy 90 minutes and possibly a replay and who knows, maybe extra time and  penalties!

• 2 weeks later...