Hibernian v Motherwell 4/12/21

SteelmaninOZ

1 minute ago, middleeastdave said:

I would think Solholm will be doubtful as it looked like his hamstring had gone when he came off on Tuesday which in my opinion will be big loss, he will put Bevis into centre back position with SOD back into his usual slot, although I see O’Connor is back in the subs bench again, so maybe he could fit in?

O’Connor is out, presumably for a while

45 minutes ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

Hibs form is so atrocious it kinda makes you believe we'll lose this one.

Their LLLWL league performance is definitely enough to give me the fear.

On the other hand, if we start on the front foot like we did against Hearts and Dundee Utd, we could take a point or three here.

On 12/2/2021 at 1:26 PM, middleeastdave said:

I would think Solholm will be doubtful as it looked like his hamstring had gone when he came off on Tuesday which in my opinion will be big loss, he will put Bevis into centre back position with SOD back into his usual slot, although I see O’Connor is back in the subs bench again, so maybe he could fit in?

So it looks like Sol went off with cramp and should be fit for Saturday which is good news

1 hour ago, middleeastdave said:

So it looks like Sol went off with cramp and should be fit for Saturday which is good news

I had the fear at the game on Tuesday as he immediately signalled he was done, but at the end of the game he bolted over to celebrate with Watt suggesting it was better than first feared. 

On 12/2/2021 at 6:30 PM, Ya Bezzer! said:

Hibs form is so atrocious it kinda makes you believe we'll lose this one.

Certainly in terms of wins recently, but they just beat Rangers easily in the League Cup and deserved a draw in midweek also in a very good performance.  We all know how our last home league game went v Rangers. 

That and Easter Rd is not traditionally a happy hunting ground would mean I would be happy with a point.

I see no Sol and Cornelius starts.  Good luck to the young lad. Also SOD's back in from the start.  Bearing in mind I think we have only won one game whilst he started :-(. Hopefully that will change today.

16 minutes ago, GazzyB said:

Crawford and Donnelly make the bench. Thought they were out for a while. Alexander should be a poker player!

Big ask for Cornelius today, let’s hope he shows what he’s all about.

Just ask him to keep it simple 

Right, so I've noticed that every time I gob off about team selection or our chances, prior to the event, I'm always 100% wrong and end up looking like a tit.

So, I'd just like to state on record that that team selection is shite and we'll get humped.

• Haha 1

I'd have thought he'd have went with Grimshaw for experience but good to see the manager starting Cornelius. He wasn't put out on loan as he was viewed as a first team option so Alexander has finally made good on it.

Big opportunity for him but at least he's coming in to team on a decent run, with confidence and a clear idea of what they want to do.