Hibernian v Motherwell 4/12/21

SteelmaninOZ

3 minutes ago, Great Balls of Shire said:

but it wasnt odonnel , he did better  today , but the recent criticism was justified

Honestly I’m not sure it was, O’Donnell seems to take more stick at times because he’s an international player. Expectations on him are always higher and everything he does is scrutinised.  Players are with Motherwell because they have their limitations, they would not be with us otherwise. Nominations for player of the month include Bevis, Goss, and Lamie, all have improved but all have mistakes and inconsistency in them. I think the majority of the squad this season are decent players, we don’t actually have many complete duds and I can live with that.

• Like 3

We should have been 2 up before they scored, with cornelius' chance when clean through the closest. Mugabi should have attacked the cross for their goal, the build up was well worked, but the cross wasn't that good.

Van Veen was his usual frustrating self, and was lucky to escape a 2nd yellow just before going off. Woolery didn't get as many chances to run at Hibs as he did against Utd, but Hibs did a decent job of nullifying him. Watt was pretty sloppy up until his goal, giving the ball away in dangerous positions a couple of times, which is uncharacteristic of him. However, despite that we created plenty of chances and it was am excellent finish for our goal.

Playing a chunk of the game with four full backs was interesting, I thought Carroll did well in the circumstances, and McGinley had a solid game too. Didn't think at any point this season we'd be struggling to have two fit center backs. At least it's only Celtic next week.

Overall it's a point I'd have been happy with before the game, and I think it was fair on the balance of the game. Porteous is way overrated too.

Just back. Managed to get parked right outside the stand after being 15 minutes late due to horrendous Edinburgh traffic. I thought we should have been at least 4  goals up in that first half if we didnt shoot straight at the keeper every time. Their goal was against the run of play but well taken. Bevis just a bit slow to get in front of his man. I won't criticise too much as thats his first mistake in god knows how many games. The central defence injuries are a big worry for the game against Celtic

1 hour ago, Robbos boy said:

Some wonderful marking by Bevis at Hibs goal, just let the man run in behind you!!!. Now if that was our captain, stand by for pelters for O'Donnell, only saying!!. 

Get a grip sometimes you have to admire the cross and movement of the forward. We got a well deserved point and performed well.  Strength in depth as well finished with Carrol at CB and played all match with Cornelius who has played very little first team league games

47 minutes ago, Well Well said:

Just back. Managed to get parked right outside the stand after being 15 minutes late due to horrendous Edinburgh traffic. I thought we should have been at least 4  goals up in that first half if we didnt shoot straight at the keeper every time. Their goal was against the run of play but well taken. Bevis just a bit slow to get in front of his man. I won't criticise too much as thats his first mistake in god knows how many games. The central defence injuries are a big worry for the game against Celtic

In all honesty I’d rather we lose players against Celtic than against opposition we tend to gain more points from in general. Maybe that’s the old firm negativity kicking in again but historical stats don’t lie.

2 hours ago, StirlingDosser said:

I don't have any quams about coming away from Edinburgh with a point. Didn't see the game personally but I see KVV getting some stick over on some of the Facebook pages. Is it deserved? 

yes he has plenty ability but is too keen to over elaborate and piss about, he wants to beat 3 / 4 men when the easy ball is on. His finishing when clear cut opportunities arise is mediocre over the season. Not saying hes not worth a place in the squad but big improvements required in parts of his game