Hibernian v Motherwell 4/12/21

SteelmaninOZ

44 minutes ago, weeyin said:

I agree it was shortsighted move by Hibs, but I never feel too bad for anyone who is sacked with the remainder of their contract paid out in full.

There aren't many better jobs to be sacked from than football management. It may or may not be short sighted , Hibs waited too long to punt Butcher and paid a heavy price. Many of our fans think if we hadnt changed manager at the same time last year we'd have gone down. Robinson saved the club the decision and that was on the back of two cup finals in one season. Frankly what a manager did last year means sweet fuck all.  Hibs should have been 3-0 down to us if we'd had our shooting boots on. They've taken something like 4 points out their last 27 and they are basically pish. Its easy to says its harsh but there's an argument for swift action especially in a league where it doesn't look like there is a racing certainty to go down and give the rest some breathing space. If St Johnstone win their game in hand on them they are 3 points off a play off spot in December, for a club of Hibs resources thats shockingi

17 hours ago, GazzyB said:

A sidenote but I think that’s absolutely despicable to sack him a week before a cup final. Football is nuts these days when it comes to sackings.

I hope they get absolutely scudded now.

Yes I totally agree with that but it’s something that is becoming more and more common in football these days.

The worst one in recent years has to be Leicester sacking Ranieri just nine months after winning the English Premier League. Absolutely mental.

13 hours ago, C&A not the shop said:

Third in the league last year, a cup final last year and a cup final to play in 10 days when you're sitting 6 points off 4th with a game in hand.

Harsh on Jack Ross for sure.

I seem to remember the exact same feelings expressed when he was sacked at Sunderland.  A coincidence?

2 minutes ago, 0Neils40yarder said:

It might be the last job the guy ever gets...looks like a ridiculous sacking on the face of it

Zero chance it's his last footballing job. The leagues are full of much worse ex-players and managers in various capacities. And he has 3 year's wages in the bank to tide him over while he looks.

1 hour ago, weeyin said:

Zero chance it's his last footballing job. The leagues are full of much worse ex-players and managers in various capacities. And he has 3 year's wages in the bank to tide him over while he looks.

It was more a general observation of yourself being unable to feel sorry for someone who has their contract paid up. There are guys out there who have been sacked and never seen the light of day again