A 1904 question for the historians.

CoF

My dad is right into his local history and picked up this post card of Motherwell (Merry Street) post-marked 1904, when MFC was just 18 years old. It's the year after they were promoted into the first division after finishing second division runners up in 02/03. Apparently we were rotten in 03/04 so I'm assuming the sender is referring to the first half of season 04/05. The back reads "This is another for your collection, what do you think of Motherwell's team it is much better than it was last year. Tell Archie, Maddock got the sack".

We were wondering, is Maddock someone associated with the football club? I'm thinking it's not, but thought someone here might have an answer. 

51723266941_537ef347e4_b.jpg

51723266931_171aced0c9_b.jpg

51724169820_a6f15539b4_b.jpg

• Like 3

On 12/4/2021 at 2:29 PM, stv said:

Maybe the postcard fans forum was calling for Maddock to get the bullet and he was in fact sacked.

I like to think the players were briefed not to pay the slightest attention to what folk wrote on postcards about them. 

• Haha 1