He’s done it again! The gaffer

SteelmaninOZ

1 hour ago, Onthefringes said:

Difficult for some. Change has to be managed.

And, for me, that's always part of the enjoyment of following a team like ours.

Seeing a new gaffer come in and watching how he deals with the current squad to try and dig us out of a hole with a style based on the hand he was (mostly) dealt. Then the summer rebuild for the 1st crack at building in their own style,  and how that set of personnel evolve as a team - and how he has to adapt to new personnel.

Then the January window rolls around, which allows some tweaking before the whole experiment is reassessed the next summer.

Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't, but it's always interesting to see the differing philosophies and tactics coaches and and managers bring to a team.

Well I think our directors have been proven right to appoint GA opposed to Tom Wright. That was a curious move by the Rugby Park board just after an abandoned game. Presumably they're blaming Wright for the fog?

Shenanigans also at Dundee where Jason Cummings is being disciplined. Maybe Dundee are taking the opportunity to force out an out of favour player? It'll be interesting how they deal with Charlie Adam. 

Yes, in hindsight, our board made a good decision.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

Well I think our directors have been proven right to appoint GA opposed to Tom Wright. That was a curious move by the Rugby Park board just after an abandoned game. Presumably they're blaming Wright for the fog?

Shenanigans also at Dundee where Jason Cummings is being disciplined. Maybe Dundee are taking the opportunity to force out an out of favour player? It'll be interesting how they deal with Charlie Adam. 

Yes, in hindsight, our board made a good decision.

As I said in the other thread, I didn't want Tommy Wright anywhere near our team. He has had zero experience taking on a squad in relegation trouble, zero experience in relegation play-offs and his brand of football was eye-bleedingly hard to watch.

No hindsight required to see he wasn't not the man for the job.

Unless Dundee have financial problems, I can't see them doing much with Charlie Adam other than a slap on the wrist and a statement about how disappointed they are with his behaviour. They would never have been promoted without him, and they don't look half as good when he doesn't play. 

28 minutes ago, weeyin said:

As I said in the other thread, I didn't want Tommy Wright anywhere near our team. He has had zero experience taking on a squad in relegation trouble, zero experience in relegation play-offs and his brand of football was eye-bleedingly hard to watch.

No hindsight required to see he wasn't not the man for the job.

Unless Dundee have financial problems, I can't see them doing much with Charlie Adam other than a slap on the wrist and a statement about how disappointed they are with his behaviour. They would never have been promoted without him, and they don't look half as good when he doesn't play. 

What has Charlie Adam been up to? Thought it was Cummings that was being disciplined?

6 hours ago, Kmcalpin said:

Charged on suspicion of drink driving I believe.

" suspicion "      vehicle belonging to mr adams found wrapped roond a tree            check               mr adams found in vacinity of said vehivle reeking of booze     check

took to polis station for breath test    check              a big boy dunit n ranaway    check

ex ranjurs player found not provan        nuffin to c or hear now run along please :cheers:

11 hours ago, smiddy said:

" suspicion "      vehicle belonging to mr adams found wrapped roond a tree            check               mr adams found in vacinity of said vehivle reeking of booze     check

took to polis station for breath test    check              a big boy dunit n ranaway    check

ex ranjurs player found not provan        nuffin to c or hear now run along please :cheers:

He couldn’t prove he was right and the PF couldn’t prove he was guilty so it was non proven. 
And Holyrood are voting to get rid or keep it. :pogranichnik: