Motherwell v Livingston 26/12/2021

SteelmaninOZ

In 19 matches this season Livingston have only scored more than one goal twice.

So if we score we should at least get a point.

Ref might also be busy.  Livingston and ourselves are the worst offenders in the league for fouls.

Livingston have been, surprisingly perhaps, good at the back this season.  6 clean sheets in the last 15, only conceded more than 1 goal four times this season.

27 minutes ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

Ref might also be busy.  Livingston and ourselves are the worst offenders in the league for fouls.

I suspect that we are a bit less streetwise than our opponents and get caught more often.  We're no saints ourselves but the amounbt of jersey pulling St Johnstone got off with on Saturday was unbelievable. Shaun Rooney alone committed about 3 fouls on Tony Watt in rapid succession without being pulled up. When it comes to foul stats I take them with a large spoonful of salt.

Id be delighted to be free of relegation by the New Year and I suspect the board would too! Would allow for some very early planning for next season!

Think this will be a tough game. Be interesting to see who is available and what the team selection will be. Be good if Slattery was fit and  available, although I'd like to see Cornelius keep his place as well, which would mean Donnelly dropping out. Could be some selection dilemmas for GA now as players come back to fitness as those who have come in havent done a lot wrong.

Im going 2- 0 Motherwell.

Missed the St Johnstone game due to work so looking forward to being back at Fir Park for the first time since November.

Caught 70 minutes of the game on Saturday thanks to a stream and thought we looked really comfortable and in no danger of losing the points, hoping we can carry that on.

Livingston are just one of those teams that dig out a result when they’re not really expected to but with how we’ve played the last couple of weeks, can only see a Well win.

Motherwell 3-1 Livingston

I noticed on Sportscene that Livi wore an all-black away kit on Saturday with Ross County wearing what looked like the Livi home kit, all yellow.

I know they have agreements in place about the number of times they can wear away kits but I'm old school, unless the first strips clash then just wear them.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-59739797

Sounds like we could be following Wales' lead and playing matches behind closed doors.

Announcement expected this afternoon.

Certainly would appear so sadly, the First Minister will update parliament later but that appears to be hinting at games going bcd once again before the New Year. Sadly if this is the case then I don’t think we’ll be back inside Fir Park this season.

30 minutes ago, MJC_mkII said:

Sadly if this is the case then I don’t think we’ll be back inside Fir Park this season.

It will depend on how long the Omicron variant (sorry about the jargon) wave lasts. If it decreases markedly by late February then there's no reason to keep stadia closed.

41 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

It will depend on how long the Omicron variant (sorry about the jargon) wave lasts. If it decreases markedly by late February then there's no reason to keep stadia closed.

There’s absolutely no chance of stadiums being reopened by February, none whatsoever. Jason Leitch was saying only yesterday that they weren’t expecting this to peak until late January/early February so if that was the case then there is no way they would risk it spiking again by allowing large crowds to gather as soon as that.

I hope everyone is right in a Well victory, I’m going to this one as my first game planning to go to the the Aberdeen game at FP at the start of the bubonic plague.

I’ve been watching from afar on the international stream from Saudi Arabia so heading back to my seat in the Cooper on Boxing Day n I hope for a performance by the boys!

We have been playing well outside the biggit brothers so I’ll go for a 2-0 Well

just hearing about wee crankie looking to shaft football again, n as for Leitch what can I say…a lot but it’s not for print, all this to shaft clubs, fans business n careers futures over a fecking  very mild virus 

I’ll finish off on a positive note though

cmon yee Well!!!!!

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, MJC_mkII said:

There’s absolutely no chance of stadiums being reopened by February, none whatsoever. Jason Leitch was saying only yesterday that they weren’t expecting this to peak until late January/early February so if that was the case then there is no way they would risk it spiking again by allowing large crowds to gather as soon as that.

the lack of critical thinking is worrying...they shouldve kept stadium open and spaced out or called games off.This will lead to more house parties and more risk as inside. 

Sorry, its tedious now, if you're fully vaccinated,  get on with it.

1 hour ago, Motherwell Daft said:

I hope everyone is right in a Well victory, I’m going to this one as my first game planning to go to the the Aberdeen game at FP at the start of the bubonic plague.

I’ve been watching from afar on the international stream from Saudi Arabia so heading back to my seat in the Cooper on Boxing Day n I hope for a performance by the boys!

We have been playing well outside the biggit brothers so I’ll go for a 2-0 Well

just hearing about wee crankie looking to shaft football again, n as for Leitch what can I say…a lot but it’s not for print, all this to shaft clubs, fans business n careers futures over a fecking  very mild virus 

I’ll finish off on a positive note though

cmon yee Well!!!!!

Unfortunately you won't be heading anywhere The Scottish Government has just banned spectators from all football matches for at least 3 weeks from the 26th inclusive.

4 minutes ago, steelboy said:

The Scottish Goverment and particularly Sturgeon hate football fans. 

Don't talk shite it's not a vendetta against football it a public health emergency, people are dying and this new covid variant is rampant so action had to be taken, stopping hundreds of thousands of fans mixing all over the country was a no brainer.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, steelboy said:

The Scottish Goverment and particularly Sturgeon hate football fans. 

And yet, when the world was shut down last year, they gave special permission for football to be played.

Politicians in general aren't great football fans, but they have to be pretty dim even by their standards to have no appreciation of how popular it is amongst their voters.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

Don't talk shite it's not a vendetta against football it a public health emergency, people are dying and this new covid variant is rampant so action had to be taken, stopping hundreds of thousands of fans mixing all over the country was a no brainer.

so why keep pubs etc open and force crowds inside ? The games shouldve been called off ...its the lack of creative or critical thinking from  government that's hard to take.

A percentage of capacities shoulve been allowed and could space out.

I dont think Sturge hates football fans but I doubt shes ever ran a business either .

8 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

Everything is open today and for another three days but we can't go to the cup game in 4 weeks?