Motherwell v Livingston 26/12/2021

SteelmaninOZ

2 hours ago, Motherwell Daft said:

Science tells us that 0 people have died of The latest variety of the virus, I think another virus that leaves more people than the current virus  struggling is flu, yet we do t shut down businesses,   Crash economies, destroy lives n bankrupt the country again because if that,  so peoples lives are very important but so is the ability to make a personal choice to go to an outdoor football game  and not be holed up in the bunker because of a “very mild virus “ (as  described by multiple eminent scientists) so perhaps you yourself should take a peek at yourself from behind the bed or wherever you’re hiding from the virus n then maybe your views might not be so honkin 

You’re an idiot.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Spiderpig said:

The sad thing is you really do seem to  believe the antivax it's all a big government conspiracy pish you continue to spout, you probably go out at weekends burning down 5G phonemasts as well.

In answer to your question when there are no restrictions on matches I very rarely if ever miss any, I can only assume you or anyone close to you has never had covid and the long term health issues it still  causes to some, my wife included.

But you carry on with the conspiracy theories the rest of us will do the sensible stuff

the " wee krankie" patter is Naff and I dont believe it's a conspiracy either.

However limiting grounds to 500 and some of the other controls they've cobbled together just demonstrate a lack of imagination and will only hack people off.

18 minutes ago, Robbos boy said:

Obviously the club have noticed that you do not wish to attend as yir a fearty. Me however will be in in attendance with the rest of my family supporting the team I love in the proper manner on the terrace. Enjoy yir beer but you really must try and get out more. PS, Merry Xmas :D:D

I suppose missing my 1st game this season won't do me any harm, it will give me a chance to wash and iron my masks and hazmat suits in case I need to pop out  Merry Christmas to you and yours as well .

29 minutes ago, Great Balls of Shire said:

the " wee krankie" patter is Naff and I dont believe it's a conspiracy either.

However limiting grounds to 500 and some of the other controls they've cobbled together just demonstrate a lack of imagination and will only hack people off.

This this and this - covid is out there.  However if there’s genuine concern over omicron beyond transmission rates (most of the early data suggest it is a milder form than delta less hospitalisations etc) then restricting 500 people in to fir park even Ibrox Parkhead etc is a nonsense.  There’s no data to defend the ‘500’ position absolutely none.

The mental health of the population also has to be considered as some priority at some point.

Rant over - any spares for Livi?

As others have mentioned Sturgeon is in a no win situation with everything that happens with regards to this virus, and her and her party are doing the absolute best they can. I am a humungous fan of hers and would give anything to see her lead us to an independent Scotland free from the grip of Boris fucking Johnson, but the Scottish Government have made a balls up of this big time. The stupidity of being unable to attend an outdoor event where the virus spreads less easily but being allowed to watch it in a pub full of people is extremely silly.

It's unbelievably frustrating to read posters on this website saying stuff like "there have been no deaths of this variant" or "it's no worse than a mild cold". It's absolutely not about the effects of COVID for the majority of people, it's about protecting the elderly and the vulnerable, and most importantly protecting our NHS from being overwhelmed and overcrowded. Missing the pub and the football for a few weeks to prevent that happening is fine by me, and it should be fine by everyone too.

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, Big Wispy Flossy said:

This this and this - covid is out there.  However if there’s genuine concern over omicron beyond transmission rates (most of the early data suggest it is a milder form than delta less hospitalisations etc) then restricting 500 people in to fir park even Ibrox Parkhead etc is a nonsense.  There’s no data to defend the ‘500’ position absolutely none.

The mental health of the population also has to be considered as some priority at some point.

Rant over - any spares for Livi?

Regardless of the rights or wrongs, a combination of milder form of delta but orders of magnitude more transmissible means that more people are going to end up in hospital and/or die.

Science over - now back to the rants.

47 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

Is this a preview to livi game or question time?   We all have our own political views which is everyone's right in a democracy.  But let's get back to fitba matters.....COYW 

Agreed. Football and politics should never mix.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, steelboy said:

Despite performing less cancer screening and treatment, less cardiac treatment and having record low hospital admission rates for almost two years they haven't expanded ICU capacity during the pandemic. 

It's designed to fail. 

I know this will look like I'm  picking on you, but:

I work in Glasgow Royal Infirmary and pre-pandemic the ICU capacity was 20 beds, technically 15 ICU beds and 5 SHDU, when Covid first hit we expanded into two other areas giving a potential capacity of 36 beds. We also doubled the available ventilators from 16  to 32. The maximum number of Covid patients we had was 19 with 10 of the original 20 beds left available for non-covid patients. Currently there are about a dozen patients in ICU, two of which are Covid, the overflow areas are still set up if required. I cannot speak for all the other ICUs in Scotland but I would be astonished if they had not taken similar steps.

I do agree that a lot of other conditions are, whilst not being ignored, are not receiving the urgency they require. I also agree that successive governments have treated the NHS in a disgraceful manner.

• Like 12

18 hours ago, weeyin said:

Regardless of the rights or wrongs, a combination of milder form of delta but orders of magnitude more transmissible means that more people are going to end up in hospital and/or die.

Science over - now back to the rants.

Weeyin, I think the " milder"  form allied to 5he number of vaccinations would mean there should because lot less hospitisations ....if this whole thing is short terms to get more boosted, fair dues, we can suck it up for a short time. As someone else mentioned,  though, stopping outdoor gatherings will force crowds inside meaning more transmission. 

I would just like them to explain their rationale sometimes....maybe the man Bojo has called it right by holding his nerve on this one, time will tell.

20 hours ago, Great Balls of Shire said:

The ham-fisted way that the government have approached this most recent round of restrictions is the problem for me. I'm not denying there's a virus out there and that elderly and vulnerable people need protecting (although the vaccine supposedly deals with that) but the way they've went about this is a prime example of the complete lack of common sense and intelligence we've seen throughout the past few years.

500 people in grounds. Why? There must have been some sort of scientific process to come up with that number, right? I'm no scientist, but surely the way to approach this would have been to take into account that we're talking about an outdoor event. I would think they'd have looked at increased social distancing, masks being worn while moving around the stadium, and been able to put some of those all-knowing individuals that we're not allowed to question to work in coming up with a crowd percentage that would apply to each stadium?

Since it seems like the in-thing to just grab numbers out of thin air on a whim, what about having each stadium at 50% capacity? So, for example, Celtic park would allow more fans than Fir Park, and Fir Park would allow more than somewhere like Gayfield. 

And this nonsense about the problem not being people actually in the stadiums, but travelling to the stadiums? It's fucking obvious that it was a group of men who thought that one up, as me no longer being at the football and not riding the train to Airbles doesn't mean I now sit in the house and can be considered one less super-spreader on the street. 

No, as soon as the football was cancelled the wife immediately said "Great! We can now go and check out the sales, and maybe grab some lunch and drinks!" All journeys that will have my arse sat on the same train carriage I'd have been on going to the football! The only difference is that instead of being sat shivering in the pissing rain outdoors, I'll be wandering the indoor confines of every fucking shop known to man. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, David said:

The ham-fisted way that the government have approached this most recent round of restrictions is the problem for me. I'm not denying there's a virus out there and that elderly and vulnerable people need protecting (although the vaccine supposedly deals with that) but the way they've went about this is a prime example of the complete lack of common sense and intelligence we've seen throughout the past few years.

500 people in grounds. Why? There must have been some sort of scientific process to come up with that number, right? I'm no scientist, but surely the way to approach this would have been to take into account that we're talking about an outdoor event. I would think they'd have looked at increased social distancing, masks being worn while moving around the stadium, and been able to put some of those all-knowing individuals that we're not allowed to question to work in coming up with a crowd percentage that would apply to each stadium?

Since it seems like the in-thing to just grab numbers out of thin air on a whim, what about having each stadium at 50% capacity? So, for example, Celtic park would allow more fans than Fir Park, and Fir Park would allow more than somewhere like Gayfield. 

And this nonsense about the problem not being people actually in the stadiums, but travelling to the stadiums? It's fucking obvious that it was a group of men who thought that one up, as me no longer being at the football and not riding the train to Airbles doesn't mean I now sit in the house and can be considered one less super-spreader on the street. 

No, as soon as the football was cancelled the wife immediately said "Great! We can now go and check out the sales, and maybe grab some lunch and drinks!" All journeys that will have my arse sat on the same train carriage I'd have been on going to the football! The only difference is that instead of being sat shivering in the pissing rain outdoors, I'll be wandering the indoor confines of every fucking shop known to man. 

Don’t forget your face mask….MFC one of course :xmascouple:

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, texanwellfan said:

What the consensus, will Watt be playing against Livi?  Will there be any statements from the club or Watt? Either way I’ll be up to watch it at 9am. COYW!! 

If we're still paying his wages, he should be earning his keep. Get him starting.

I see that David Martindale is at the windup, in the Rancid. This is taken from the BBC website as I don't read that publication.

"Livingston manager David Martindale reluctantly let goalkeeper Liam Kelly go two years ago and believes Motherwell will face a similar issue, suggesting Celtic and Rangers may be interested in the stopper. (Record)"

Who is it we play again today? Good for a laugh if nothing else. Shades of the Tom Wright/Declan Gallagher scenario here?