Ross County v Motherwell 18/1/22

santheman

7 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

Not at all I am sure the Scottish  government won't want restrictions in place any longer than they need to be, so if the advice they get from the experts says no need for crowd limits after 17/1 then I'm sure they will act accordingly.

What gets me though is the number of posters on here that think that going to a football match, or the pub or a nightclub etc is more important than trying to control a highly transmissible virus that kills people and leaves others with serious long term health issues.

They kept us locked down for 9 months from a 3 week circuit breaker so I have to disagre with you there. 

The current restrictions are not an attempt to control the virus. You can go the gym, cinema, pub, restaurant and have a big party in your house. There were weddings over the festive period. These restrictions are a political move to be seen to be doing something and the targets as they were back in the Thatcher era are football fans and dance music.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, steelboy said:

Those figures are from before the new restrictions.

The figures for England outwith London and Scotland are pretty much the same. 

Whit new restrictions England don’t have any they just carried on regardless ( heard immunity by any other name ) 

Scotland / Wales / NI figures are 1 in 20 which ain’t the same as 1 in 15 

2 hours ago, steelboy said:

The Joint Review Group are telling clubs to prepare for full houses after the winter break. 

We are 20 days into the Omicron wave and ******'s tsunami of hospitalisations still hasn't emerged so keeping fans out for longer isn't at all justifiable. 

I dont think that is correct. Certainly not at either of the hospitals my wife or I work in.

7 minutes ago, wellwell91 said:

Whit new restrictions England don’t have any they just carried on regardless ( heard immunity by any other name ) 

Scotland / Wales / NI figures are 1 in 20 which ain’t the same as 1 in 15 

Our new restrictions. 

England was higher than us before the new restrictions because London had more Omicron. The rest of England and Scotland are similar in those figures. 

The next update on restrictions is next Tuesday which will be almost 4 weeks since the Scottish Government proclaimed Omicron the dominant strain. If Omicron hasn't resulted in an ICU spike by then it never will. The figures from South Africa and London are very optimistic. 

1 hour ago, steelboy said:

Hospital admissions are increasing because people are being admitted for other reasons and testing positive for asymptomatic Covid. The ICU number is currently 42.

The figures from England show that sporting events make no difference. Anyone who genuinely believes that stopping football matches which are attended by less than 2% of the population for a few hours a week will reduce transmission has little grasp on Covid or arthimetic. 

Pushing people from an outside activity towards inside activities probably increases transmission overall. 

Utter cack!!!!

Sadly I don’t see us getting back to full crowds for months yet, perhaps not even this season. The earlier shout about extending the break and thus the season into the summer might actually be worth considering, especially as the World Cup isn’t until the end of the year.

1 hour ago, Robbos boy said:

I confidently predict that we will have a full crowd for the start of the Scottish Cup campaign. If not wee Krankie should resign forthwith, listening to her yesterday bumbling on for about 20 mins, constantly looking at her watch before getting to the point in hand is like watching paint dry. Cmon woman either lead or resign. I can go to a crowded pub, have about 5 thousand sloping about inside the likes of Silverburn but only 500 in an open air stadium!!!!!, was going to say you couldn't make it up but they obviously have. As previously said, the vaccine works or doesn't, let the people live their lives and stop blaming FOOTBALL for every dam rise in cases!!!!!!. 

Horrendous patter. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Robbos boy said:

Don't diss the post with 2 words, quantify your answer. So I can go on a full plane, walk about indoor shopping centres, sit in crowded pubs, but can't sit in an outside football stadium, unless it's only 500,aye right, get a life and get oot. 

While you are in the shopping centre, pub or on the full plane you will no doubt be wearing a mask and socially distanced in the pub or plane at least as per current restrictions. 

Sitting in a full football stadium, inches from the person next to you, shouting,  singing etc without a mask in sight is a whole different prospect when it comes to spreading the virus and infecting others, for what it's worth the 500 limit was a nonsense, for me it should have been zero.

Does that quantify the response to your last post and can we class it as horrendous patter now

4 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

While you are in the shopping centre, pub or on the full plane you will no doubt be wearing a mask and socially distanced in the pub or plane at least as per current restrictions. 

Sitting in a full football stadium, inches from the person next to you, shouting,  singing etc without a mask in sight is a whole different prospect when it comes to spreading the virus and infecting others, for what it's worth the 500 limit was a nonsense, for me it should have been zero.

Does that quantify the response to your last post and can we class it as horrendous patter now

Who is wearing a mask in a pub?

8 hours ago, steelboy said:

The Joint Review Group are telling clubs to prepare for full houses after the winter break. 

We are 20 days into the Omicron wave and ******'s tsunami of hospitalisations still hasn't emerged so keeping fans out for longer isn't at all justifiable. 

I know you keep pushing this but there are more important things than not being able to attend a football game at the moment. Numbers are still rising and trust me they will keep rising because of mixing at the new year. Peoples health is more important than a game of football just now.

34 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

Sensible people when moving about the pub ie going to the toilet as per Current restrictions 

Current restrictions are a nonsense, as an example the commercial night club  in Wishaw was shut through the bells but pubs were given a late license until 2am. Pubs were very busy with youngsters enjoying themselves as they would have in the nightclub minus the dancing. From what I’ve been told very little social distancing.  

edit: I’m on drugs that suppress my immune system but my kids (fully vaccinated) were both out that night and I wouldn’t have thought of stopping them.
Personal choice I know but going to the football should  be the same. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, steelboy said:

Was it not a tsunami of infections that was said, rather than hospitalisations? If it was I’d say that’s been pretty accurate.

1 hour ago, Robbos boy said:

Basically your reply is Sh££e, if im in a plane, then there might be no social distancing, (friends have just flown to Teneriffe, not a spare seat on the flight) clearly you don't go to the pub, as the ones I go to, don't strickly adhere to it, you take your mask off as soon as you sit down with your beer etc, oh and live bands can play. I was at livingstone game sitting as close to people as i do in my normal seat?? HERE IS THE RUB, MATE, THERE'S PLENTY OF ROOM AT FIR PARK TO SIT SOCIALLY DISTANCED AND IF YOU WANT TO YOU CAN WEAR A MASK. You really need to get out more and stop hiding in the house, its a big world with loads of fresh air, so basically your reply is HORRENDOUS!!!!! 

An eloquent reply, so you go to pubs that are happy to ignore the mask wearing rules, you obviously think social distancing is for other people, and no doubt think the whole thing is a big conspiracy, so fill yer boots

I will take the current pandemic seriously as I have seen people i know die from covid and family members still suffering the effects of covid a year later so if that means I miss a few games that I can watch from home anyway or miss a few beers in the pub it's no hardship if it gets the virus under control.

2 minutes ago, wunderwell said:

But what do you think the fitba result will be?

Football,  its the winter shutdown a discussion about the pandemic is the best you will get as for the score, no away fans, home crowd less than 500 and 3-0 to the well final score.

4 hours ago, Yorkyred said:

I know you keep pushing this but there are more important things than not being able to attend a football game at the moment. Numbers are still rising and trust me they will keep rising because of mixing at the new year

Infections and positivity rates are dropping.

14 hours ago, Spiderpig said:

Jings, I think Spiderpig must have been watching too many BBC news reports  for the past 2years and been brainwashed into thinking the world is governed by an AI virus, the very same virus that knows when your wearing a non hazmat suit mask, eating food, can tell the time, knows if the drink you have is alcoholic, knows if your fan number 501 instead of 500 and on we go with more stupidity…we need to just get on with life as we done every year with colds n flu and get everyone back to work, industry going again travel and fans back into Fir Park, Spiderpig is invited of course if he can bear to cross over the door! 
Let’s get back to football n wee krankie can resign or perhaps she’ll be jailed if the police investigation finds enough evidence! 
Cmon the Well!!!!

• Like 2
  • Confused 2